The Blind Side...Must see movie.

DarthICE

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outstanding movie. I am gonna follow this kids career as long as he has one. I recommend everyone go see it. PS, it further pisses me off that we didn't draft Oher :lol:

Ditto, Darth - not only would the Bills have a decent LT, but they'd be getting all the 'run-off' human-interest publicity instead of the Ravens. And Brandon calls himself a 'marketeer'??? :beer:

This April, Russ - if you're still around, please heed our advice on draft day. Maybin??? Honestly, Russ, WTF were you thinking?

Link - The Critical Importance of the Offensive Line

Outstanding movie. I am gonna follow this kids career as long as he has one. I recommend everyone go see it. PS, it further pisses me off that we didn't draft Oher :lol:

I just saw this movie today and I have to agree 100%...an astonishing story and I too will be following this guy.

Well 20 other teams passed on him too, including 3 other teams who drafted LTs. If it was such a slam-dunk sure thing he would have gone much earlier. You rear-view mirror experts are a hoot.

PTR

I know hindsight is 20/20, PTR, and that there are plenty of rear-view mirror experts on TSW as well - but there were plenty of us clamoring for the Bills to pick Oher when they were 'on the clock' last April.

I know hindsight is 20/20, PTR, and that there are plenty of rear-view mirror experts on TSW as well - but there were plenty of us clamoring for the Bills to pick Oher when they were 'on the clock' last April.

Funny thing about the draft, you can't pick every player and you can't pick where you pick. We needed D-line help too. There were just as many draftniks who though Maybin was "can't miss". I find it amazing how this board knew exactly which players were going to be great...now.

By the way, how is Oher doing? Is he the top LT in the NFL now or is it that he has a movie that makes him so good?

PTR

Funny thing about the draft, you can't pick every player and you can't pick where you pick. We needed D-line help too. There were just as many draftniks who though Maybin was "can't miss". I find it amazing how this board knew exactly which players were going to be great...now.

By the way, how is Oher doing? Is he the top LT in the NFL now or is it that he has a movie that makes him so good?

PTR

They had him at RT, as expected, when the season began, then moved to LT when Jared Gaither got hurt. No, of course he's not the top LT in the league - no one expected that his rookie year, but he's started every game for the Ravens.

What's Maybin been up to? I rarely see the guy on Sundays :lol:

PTR

For a robot, you're generally pretty well-informed and level-headed. But there wasn't a single person that I can remember who said Maybin was "can't miss." In fact, he was pretty much labeled as the "hit or miss"/"high risk/high reward" player of the first round, if I recall.

I'm still on record for wanting to draft Orakpo at #11. I wasn't crazy about Oher having a learning disability. I love him as a kid and I hope for the best, but I'm not going to pretend this was the guy I wanted at #11.

Ditto, Darth - not only would the Bills have a decent LT, but they'd be getting all the 'run-off' human-interest publicity instead of the Ravens. And Brandon calls himself a 'marketeer'??? :lol:

This April, Russ - if you're still around, please heed our advice on draft day. Maybin??? Honestly, Russ, WTF were you thinking?

Link - The Critical Importance of the Offensive Line

You sure do change your mind a lot.

buzz killer.... :lol:

I had read the book and was desperately hoping the Bills picked him at 11 because he had such a cool high school story--don't get me wrong--but I also knew why he dropped in college.

Oher will be at least a very good pro. He's not aggressive on the field (yet?) but he's insanely gifted.