Kelly: Move on from Edwards. Target Tebow. (linkage)

Lv-Bills

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys can't be serious about Tebow , Kelly cant evaluate talent no more than Levy can...which isnt saying much .Tebow remind me of the Nebraska QB that won all of those games good runner , so so passer but skills will never transfer to the pro game . l will be more than happy to let some other team make that mistake, we need to continue to build both lines and we will be just fine

To defend Tebow, he has no problem with accuracy or armstrength, its his windmill like release. That motion can be 100% overhauled in the same fashion that Arron Rodgers was. Who knows if he will be successful doing so, but something tells me Tebow has the will power to do it.

The Bills first two picks should be tackles, then take Tebow if he is out there (my bet is he is long gone)

Really, now if someone asked you a dumb question because thats what it was," if would you boo you", is it so hard to understand why you would come back with, I'm not a fan you would have to ask them.

Stanford has nothing to do with it, his answer was allot more intelligent then the question,good grief, come on man

Last question asked after the humiliating loss to Cleveland.

I think Trent's problem is that he's a conditioned loser. He's too used to losing. His Stanford team sucked and he's too willing to accept losing in the NFL.

I believe he lost Kelly with that response too. JK would have sacked up and said something like, "Yeah, I'd boo us too." In fact I think he did say something like that back in the day.

To defend Tebow, he has no problem with accuracy or armstrength, its his windmill like release. That motion can be 100% overhauled in the same fashion that Arron Rodgers was. Who knows if he will be successful doing so, but something tells me Tebow has the will power to do it.

The Bills first two picks should be tackles, then take Tebow if he is out there (my bet is he is long gone)

I get a chuckle out of Florida haters that think he still be around in the 5th.

What I don't understand is why Jim Kelly is making statements that are clearly not advantageous to Trent Edwards or the Buffalo Bills at this point in time. As an owner you owe your players a little more respect in my opinion. It just decreases the confidence of a player and the value of a football team especially as we search for a new HC. Why advertise your starting QB is not worth the time or effort and what your intentions should be in the next draft, brilliant.

If Jim Kelly wants to be part owner of the Buffalo Bills then he really should start acting like an owner and keep his personal opinions to himself. There's a time and a place for everything and now is clearly not the time and the place to run down your current players.

Why would I want to come and coach for a football team that treats their own players like trash, now what does that tell me about your organization.

While I agree with you about Kelly's statements, keep in mind that he does not speak for the Bills. Right now, he can say anything he wants and it is taken as one of our best players who is loyal to the community, wanting somethiing to happen fast. I don't know how astute he is about evaluating player talent. He has no track record in that area. But my fondest wish is that Jim could actually be involved in a move to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Unfortunately, talk is cheap and he has been implying he could do it for some years now.

I don't mind taking a flyer on Tebow or another QB in round 2-3. Tebow's ability to scramble will help him behind a o-line in flux like ours. Trent is in the wrong system he is a West coast QB and I would attempt to trade him to another team in the offseason.

However, we should definitely draft a LT or DT with our first pick in the upcoming draft.

I didn't read through the entire thread....but if Jim Kelly wants Tebow to be the QB of the future for the Bills, I don't want Jim Kelly anywhere near the Bills front office. Tebow WILL NOT be a successful NFL QB.

And I LOOOOOOOVE Tim Tebow - and all he has accomplished at Florida.

This part was interesting:

"If Mr. Wilson is willing to do that (sit down with Kelly), I'm willing to listen. And hopefully that will be time well spent. I respect Mr. Wilson. I want Mr. Wilson's legacy to live on forever.

"He's kept this team here for 50 years when there's been so many opportunities for him to sell the team and for them to get rid of it and move it elsewhere."

Now where have I heard that before?

You guys have actually seen Tebow throw the football right? If not, please watch some video and tell me with a straight face you think this guy is going to make it in the NFL. I'll be waiting to hear from you.

Bingo. I have a hell of a lot of respect for Tebow as a leader and recognize what he has accomplished in college, but the guy's throwing mechanics are absolutely horrible. He holds the ball low, and brings it down around his left hip as he "winds up" to release. Awful.

Kelly is not an owner and may never be one. He has a role as a commentator on the Bills and his views are helpful. Hopefully, the FO listens to what he is saying, esp. about QBs. Any new potential coach will draw his own conclusions on TE and everyone else and won't care what Kelly had to say.

Unfortunately, we as an organization and fans have had an overly rosy view of the QB situation on this team since Kelly's retirement. At times everyone from Alex Van Pelt, to Rob Johnson, to Doug Flutie (who I liked), to Drew Bledsoe, and even the ridiculous JP Losman, and now Trent Edwards has been hailed as the answer. The QB situation is the single most crucial issue that demonstrated that this organization didn't have a clue about winning big anymore starting in the late 90's. If you showed this list of QBs to any respectable winning organization or coach like Belicheat* they would fall down onto the floor laughing, laughing until they cried. For me I just feel like crying when I see the list. I'll skip the laughing. All those wasted years of futility. This year there are fans that are glad we are losing, just so we can draft yet another QB!

Not having a legitimate franchise qb is an indictment on the organization. Jim Kelly has been gone for at least 15 years. As Kelly and most NFL analysts acknowledge you don't win without a first rate qb. The Bills have been unsuccessful in the draft, trades and free agency in getting the most valuable position settled. That is a reflection on their talent evaluators. Why is it that the Saints can make a deal to get for Brees and we can't? The Cardinals were able to get Warner when he was available while we can't come up with an adequate qb. There are a variety of avenues to acquire players. The Bills just are incapable of getting it done.

Does anyone believe that Bill Polian or Billicick or Bill Parcells would not be able to come up with a franchise qb after such a long dry spell? The Bills are a dismal team because it is a dismal organization.

I realize Trent Edwards is done here in Buffalo I really do, this is more about treating a member of your football team and your organization with the same amount of loyalty and respect as they gave you.

Jim Kelly can say he's not an owner or not involved in an official capacity, but he's still a part of the Buffalo Bills.

Trent is not a fan of the Bills and evidently the Bills are not fans of his. Sounds like an equal amount of loyalty to me.

What I don't understand is why Jim Kelly is making statements that are clearly not advantageous to Trent Edwards or the Buffalo Bills at this point in time. As an owner you owe your players a little more respect in my opinion. It just decreases the confidence of a player and the value of a football team especially as we search for a new HC. Why advertise your starting QB is not worth the time or effort and what your intentions should be in the next draft, brilliant.

If Jim Kelly wants to be part owner of the Buffalo Bills then he really should start acting like an owner and keep his personal opinions to himself. There's a time and a place for everything and now is clearly not the time and the place to run down your current players.

Why would I want to come and coach for a football team that treats their own players like trash, now what does that tell me about your organization.

WTF? Who are you to say how Kelly should act? Do you really think the new HC couldnt already tell for himself what a POS Edwards is?? Kelly's stating the obvious so The Bills FO or at least Wilson, will start looking at a new QB. The current Bills owe Kelly respect, not the other way around. They deserve almost none. I for one am gald a person with credibility states his negative opinion rather than hearing the same politically correct dribble weve been hearing since Jauron took over. Edwards deserves no confidence from anyone, he had his chance to be a man for 3 seasons now, and all hes shown us is his vagina.

Tim Tebow is not an NFL quarterback. He has below average accuracy, a terrible throwing motion, average arm strength, a questionable ability to read defenses, and has played his entire career in the spread option. His "intangibles" and ability to "just win" mean nothing in the NFL. He isn't going to a team full of All-Americans, and he isn't going to have the luxury of throwing to wide open receivers. Tebow will not be able to run the ball in the NFL, unless he plays Wildcat QB... but in that case he would not be an every down QB. If you want a franchise QB, you go after a pocket passer.

This whole topic is absolutely rediculous. Meyers coaching system will never get a quarterback ready for NFL football. Have you seen this kid throw the rock? Any of you that agree with this are absolutely insane. I hope none of you are interviewing for ANY jobs in the Bills organization. As for you Mr. Kelly, I grew up watching you lead my team. My grandpa and I followed you guys to Fredonia every summer for 5 years. I will disown you and tear up our picture together like a woman scorned if there is any mention of this again. In the famous words of Don Ready "NEVER AGAIN!!!"

It's an interesting time to be a Bills fan. It's also great to have former players like Kelly to be passionate about the team.

And it wouldn't suprise me if Kelly is part of an ownership group. The players in this era are making enough money to make that happen if they're willing to pool their resources.

As far as Kelly damaging Trent's confidence or damaging the team.......doubtful. Trent's confidence is already damaged, and no potential head coach or GM is going to take Kelly's comments seriously. This will be about two things:

1. How much control the new coach/GM will have.

2. Money.

And I think it will be in that order. The top candidates already have enough money, so the main issue for them is how much control over the draft and free agency they will have. If Ralph truly means what he says, then he's going to have to give control over to whomever takes the job. I can understand that he might be a little gun shy about that, since the last time he did it was with Donahoe. But I'm hoping that he doesn't care about that now, since he knows he's got one more shot at getting the team a Superbowl before he dies.

Bull ****! I love everything Kelly said and will say its about damn time someone just spoke out about the whole deal. Quit shipping wanna be after wanna be out in front of us trying to make them NFL starting QB's when they should be holding clipboards on 31 other teams.

Edwards flat sucks and we need to quit wasting time on him and Kelly was damn right for saying so!

And what does it say about the org? It says we are finally tired of being the pissons of the NFL and its time we get our **** together and become winners again! It says enough is enough, sucking won't be tolerated any longer.

Trent is not a fan of the Bills and evidently the Bills are not fans of his. Sounds like an equal amount of loyalty to me.

Amen. Hell I remember somewhere trent saying after he was drafted he only wanted to play in the NFL just a few years anyway. Ok, so you had a couple years, go retire and go play golf now.