Kelly: Move on from Edwards. Target Tebow. (linkage)

Lv-Bills

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to have Tebow. Natural winner. If his team loses he will find ways to put them back on top (i.e Old Miss loss). I would love to see Kelly have a major part in this team as well. I have no doubt in my mind he would do what ever it takes to get us to the playoffs.

Guest dog14787

What I don't understand is why Jim Kelly is making statements that are clearly not advantageous to Trent Edwards or the Buffalo Bills at this point in time. As an owner you owe your players a little more respect in my opinion. It just decreases the confidence of a player and the value of a football team especially as we search for a new HC. Why advertise your starting QB is not worth the time or effort and what your intentions should be in the next draft, brilliant.

If Jim Kelly wants to be part owner of the Buffalo Bills then he really should start acting like an owner and keep his personal opinions to himself. There's a time and a place for everything and now is clearly not the time and the place to run down your current players.

Why would I want to come and coach for a football team that treats their own players like trash, now what does that tell me about your organization.

You guys have actually seen Tebow throw the football right? If not, please watch some video and tell me with a straight face you think this guy is going to make it in the NFL. I'll be waiting to hear from you.

I have seen most of his games & I say HELL YEAH he will make it in the NFL. You can watch him Saturday as he beats up the Girls school from Fla. on his way to a THIRD National Title.

What I don't understand is why Jim Kelly is making statements that are clearly not advantageous to Trent Edwards or the Buffalo Bills at this point in time. As an owner you owe your players a little more respect in my opinion and it just decreases the value of a football team especially as we search for a new HC when you advertise your starting QB is not worth the time or effort.

If Jim Kelly wants to be part owner of the Buffalo Bills then he really should start acting an owner and keep his personal opinions to himself, because there's a time and a place for everything and now is clearly not the time and the place to run down your current players.

Why would I want to come in here and coach for a football team that treats their players like trash, now what does that tell me about your organization.

Kelly is not an owner and may never be one. He has a role as a commentator on the Bills and his views are helpful. Hopefully, the FO listens to what he is saying, esp. about QBs. Any new potential coach will draw his own conclusions on TE and everyone else and won't care what Kelly had to say.

Unfortunately, we as an organization and fans have had an overly rosy view of the QB situation on this team since Kelly's retirement. At times everyone from Alex Van Pelt, to Rob Johnson, to Doug Flutie (who I liked), to Drew Bledsoe, and even the ridiculous JP Losman, and now Trent Edwards has been hailed as the answer. The QB situation is the single most crucial issue that demonstrated that this organization didn't have a clue about winning big anymore starting in the late 90's. If you showed this list of QBs to any respectable winning organization or coach like Belicheat* they would fall down onto the floor laughing, laughing until they cried. For me I just feel like crying when I see the list. I'll skip the laughing. All those wasted years of futility. This year there are fans that are glad we are losing, just so we can draft yet another QB!

What I don't understand is why Jim Kelly is making statements that are clearly not advantageous to Trent Edwards or the Buffalo Bills at this point in time. As an owner you owe your players a little more respect in my opinion and it just decreases the value of a football team especially as we search for a new HC when you advertise your starting QB is not worth the time or effort.

If Jim Kelly wants to be part owner of the Buffalo Bills then he really should start acting like an owner and keep his personal opinions to himself. There's a time and a place for everything and now is clearly not the time and the place to run down your current players.

Why would I want to come and coach for a football team that treats their own players like trash, now what does that tell me about your organization.

Dude, you have to come to the realization that Trent Edwards time as the starting quarterback of the Buffalo Bills is over, finished, ended, done. Barring a complete miracle, he won't see the field again and will be traded, released, non tendered, injured reserved, or whatever they do with guys they don't want around anymore. He may be good one day, but it will be in another uniform.

Guest dog14787
Dude, you have to come to the realization that Trent Edwards time as the starting quarterback of the Buffalo Bills is over, finished, ended, done. Barring a complete miracle, he won't see the field again and will be traded, released, non tendered, injured reserved, or whatever they do with guys they don't want around anymore. He may be good one day, but it will be in another uniform.

Dude, you want to try to tell me you think its the right thing to do to run your own players into the ground when they still play for you. :lol:

I'm already convinced Trent Edwards has no future here in Buffalo, but the Buffalo Bills have no right to ruin his future in the NFL. Wanting to do something and planning to do something I can understand, but advertising it was a boneheaded thing to do in my opinion. :thumbsup:

Dude, you want to try to tell me you think its the right thing to do to run your own players into the ground when they still play for you. :lol:

I'm already convinced Trent Edwards has no future here in Buffalo, but the Buffalo Bills have no right to ruin his future in the NFL. Wanting to do something and planning to do something I can understand, but advertising it was a boneheaded thing to do in my opinion. :thumbsup:

Technically no one who's an owner/employee of the Buffalo Bills has said anything negative about Trent "I'm not a fan of the Buffalo Bills" Edwards. Kelly's a fan of the organization and a friend of Mr Wilson's. He is not an owner of the team though. Nor is he an employee.

What I don't understand is why Jim Kelly is making statements that are clearly not advantageous to Trent Edwards or the Buffalo Bills at this point in time. As an owner you owe your players a little more respect in my opinion. It just decreases the confidence of a player and the value of a football team especially as we search for a new HC. Why advertise your starting QB is not worth the time or effort and what your intentions should be in the next draft, brilliant.

Have you seen Edwards play over the past couple of years??'

The dude sucks out loud and everyone sees it, including the biggest Bills fan and most prolific player even to don the Red, White and Blue.

It's obvious that TE is done as a Buffalo Bill and Kelly is looking towards the future as both a fan and concerned franchise participant.

I get it that Tebow's teams wins. I don't really follow college football so I haven't seen him play much. But, he plays on one of the most talented teams in football. I'm sure that helps in his winning. Matt Leinert and Mark Sanchez won a lot in college too, but not so much in the NFL.

But if Jimbo thinks he's the real deal, I can go with that.

Guest dog14787
Technically no one who's an owner/employee of the Buffalo Bills has said anything negative about Trent "I'm not a fan of the Buffalo Bills" Edwards. Kelly's a fan of the organization and a friend of Mr Wilson's. He is not an owner of the team though. Nor is he an employee.

When you make a statement "if I'm the owner, this is what I'm thinking" and your Jim Kelly, it tends to reflect on RW and the organization don't you think.

What, JP Losman, 1st round draft pick and can't even get a second stint and that's not good enough for you guys, lets make sure TE never plays in the NFL again also, right, and what did he ever do to deserve this,

and you know I was beginning to think I was the problem around here, but I'm not the problem...

mob16151, this post wasn't all directed at you and I love Jim kelly, he's a big hero of mine, but he can also be a big dummy sometimes.

You guys can't be serious about Tebow , Kelly cant evaluate talent no more than Levy can...which isnt saying much .Tebow remind me of the Nebraska QB that won all of those games good runner , so so passer but skills will never transfer to the pro game . l will be more than happy to let some other team make that mistake, we need to continue to build both lines and we will be just fine

Guest dog14787
No because I realize he's not the owner hence the IF part of his statement.

Let me put it to you this way, suppose by some chance Shanahan was real close to deciding on taking the offer with the Buffalo Bills and despite some of the problems in the past with TE, because of the way he builds the O-line and runs the ball, he thinks he can turn Trent Edwards career around and then all this comes out, now what purpose did you just serve.

Let me put it to you this way, suppose by some chance Shanahan was real close to deciding on taking the offer with the Buffalo Bills and despite some of the problems in the past with TE, because of the way he builds the O-line and runs the ball, he thinks he can turn Trent Edwards career around and then all this comes out, now what purpose did you just serve.

Those chances are VERY small. Let's put it THIS way. If shanahan (that is a really big if) thinks edwards is a franchise NFL QB, he is one of like 6 people in the entire world that think so.

The next Coach of the Bills will look at the film & make their own judgement of ALL the players on the team. Kelly as a FAN of the Bills has every right to express his opinion of the team, as we ALL do including you.