Kelly: Move on from Edwards. Target Tebow. (linkage)

Lv-Bills

I love what Jim Kelly did for this team and will gladly take his money in order to keep the Bills in WNY -- but if he is so high on Tebow, I want him banned from any player evaluation/scouting/drafting department. Tebow is a bullsh%# QB that has been on one of the most stacked teams in recent memory. He threw for a ton of yards when he had Percy Harvin, Louis Murphy and Hernandez. Now - he just has Hernandez and guess what ... his numbers are pretty ho hum (14 TD, 4 int, 1945 yds).

BTW -- the injured QB from the "Girl school from FLA" has 14 TD, 7 Int and 2700 yds.

As for Kelly's comment about no more QB's from California -- I bet he'd take Tom Brady in a NY minute.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have actually seen Tebow throw the football right? If not, please watch some video and tell me with a straight face you think this guy is going to make it in the NFL. I'll be waiting to hear from you.

I've seen him. He tore the vaunted Charleston Southern defense apart. And did you see him dominate Florida International?? I shutter to think what he might do against Vassar or Bryn Mawr.

He'll step right into the NFL and give defensive coordinators nightmares.

Tim Tebow is not an NFL quarterback. He has below average accuracy, a terrible throwing motion, average arm strength, a questionable ability to read defenses, and has played his entire career in the spread option. His "intangibles" and ability to "just win" mean nothing in the NFL. He isn't going to a team full of All-Americans, and he isn't going to have the luxury of throwing to wide open receivers. Tebow will not be able to run the ball in the NFL, unless he plays Wildcat QB... but in that case he would not be an every down QB. If you want a franchise QB, you go after a pocket passer.

Agree 100%.

Those chances are VERY small. Let's put it THIS way. If shanahan (that is a really big if) thinks edwards is a franchise NFL QB, he is one of like 6 people in the entire world that think so.

LOL...the award for funniest blogger goes too that guy cuz thats funny...its more like 6.5 people cuz im half a person LMAO...but i think teabow is a perfect fit here.... :thumbsup::lol:

Tim Tebow is a legend! The man is a self proclaimed virgin and that shows his immense willpower right there. He has literaly thousands of the worlds most gorgeous woman throwing themselves at him. Guys on campus would be proud if "Tim Tebow nailed my girlfriend!!!" His willpower is another sign of his desire to win games. This kid can be trained by someone in NFL mechanics and could be a freakin HOF legend. Id LOVE to draft him, then put him in some offensive packages his first year, but mostly make him ride the bench and learn.

you guys are idiots. dog, kiwi, whoever. It was not taken out of context. Trent clearly said " im wouldn't know. im not a fan of the buffalo bills. this is my job" Wow. Talk about taking it that extra mile Trent. He lost me 100% when he said that, and i instantly went from rooting for him, to rooting for a career ending injury (which isn't far off, the guy is as injury prone as a carton of eggs)

I agree, it is time to move on with Trent. He has what 3-4 years? Play hard, don't purposely tank the season.

Trent is finished because he elected to follow Dick Jauron, the only NFL HC he's known. Edwards seemed mentally weak and unable to see that his HC wasn't doing him any favors.

Buffalo could realistically finish 4-12 or 5-11, which puts them in the 3-6 range of the draft. If they select Tebow, it'll be a wasted pick. There is a huge graveyard of college QB's with great ability for that level of competition that do not translate into the NFL. Tommie Frazier at Nebraska comes to mind. He won national titles and set several records about 15 years ago. But he never got much interest from the NFL.

It would be nice if our fans yelled at the fish this Sunday, instead of our own guys for once. I feel that if every time I made a mistake, I was met with the profane screams and boos of 73,000 of my closest friends, I may have to question the 12th man, and home-field advantage.

when you are a fan and shift your vocal concentration against your own team, you say you are sick of this crap and big changes need to be made. whether its a qb change, coaching change, oc change, front office shakeup, etc. I booed almost non-stop during the Cleveland game hoping our voices would be projected to wherever Ralph was sitting.

he finally heard it.... and was probably aided by a few middle fingers and the media pissing all over the Bills. Other factors are an embarrasing billboard, former player complaints, a postponement of a hall of fame ceremony, and a publicized 3% coaches approval rating. I heard COwherd the other day saying Titans fans hoped Young did well so some suckers like the Bills or Al Davis would bite and trade for him. The team has hit rock bottom (other than relocation). They have reached the bottom of the NFL are considered a joke. It seems like Ralph finally understands this and feels like he needs to lift the franchise up, even if it costrs some bucks.

In essense the signing of TO was very important for the Bills for us fans. It has brought more attention the Bills way and everyone nationally has discovered what a trainwreck the Bills have become.

So all the goals listed in booing have been met, or are in the process of being met. Ralph Wilson seems to feel the same way now which takes away the point of booing. I dont have much of an urge to boo Sunday

Guest dog14787
What I don't understand is why Jim Kelly is making statements that are clearly not advantageous to Trent Edwards or the Buffalo Bills at this point in time. As an owner you owe your players a little more respect in my opinion. It just decreases the confidence of a player and the value of a football team especially as we search for a new HC. Why advertise your starting QB is not worth the time or effort and what your intentions should be in the next draft, brilliant.

If Jim Kelly wants to be part owner of the Buffalo Bills then he really should start acting like an owner and keep his personal opinions to himself. There's a time and a place for everything and now is clearly not the time and the place to run down your current players.

Why would I want to come and coach for a football team that treats their own players like trash, now what does that tell me about your organization.

While I agree with you about Kelly's statements, keep in mind that he does not speak for the Bills. Right now, he can say anything he wants and it is taken as one of our best players who is loyal to the community, wanting somethiing to happen fast. I don't know how astute he is about evaluating player talent. He has no track record in that area. But my fondest wish is that Jim could actually be involved in a move to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Unfortunately, talk is cheap and he has been implying he could do it for some years now.

Jim Kelly may not speak for the Buffalo Bills in an official capacity, but I can't think of anyone who's word carries more weight when speaking on behalf of the future of the Buffalo Bills then Jim Kelly, unless of course its RW.

When Kelly speaks, folks listen, and for that reason Jim Kelly should conduct himself in a more professional manner in my opinion.

Dude, you want to try to tell me you think its the right thing to do to run your own players into the ground when they still play for you. :lol:

I'm already convinced Trent Edwards has no future here in Buffalo, but the Buffalo Bills have no right to ruin his future in the NFL. Wanting to do something and planning to do something I can understand, but advertising it was a boneheaded thing to do in my opinion. :thumbsup:

You can't be pissed at a guy for stating the obvious. This may be a newsflash for you, but Kelly did not say anything the rest of the planet, including other NFL teams don't already know. I am not sure how that is throwing him under the bus.

Guest dog14787
You can't be pissed at a guy for stating the obvious. This may be a newsflash for you, but Kelly did not say anything the rest of the planet, including other NFL teams don't already know. I am not sure how that is throwing him under the bus.

Yet I'm hearing Mike Martz is interested in the Bills future HC vacancy and is also high on our QB Trent Edwards. Keep in mind this is someone that knows a little bit about coaching up QB's.( Myself personally, I have zero desire to bring Mike Martz into Buffalo to coach the Bills)

I guess Mike Martz must have missed the newsflash.

To defend Tebow, he has no problem with accuracy or armstrength, its his windmill like release. That motion can be 100% overhauled in the same fashion that Arron Rodgers was. Who knows if he will be successful doing so, but something tells me Tebow has the will power to do it.

The Bills first two picks should be tackles, then take Tebow if he is out there (my bet is he is long gone)

I will say one thing if you like character guys, you won't find a better on thanb Tebow.

I love what Jim Kelly did for this team and will gladly take his money in order to keep the Bills in WNY -- but if he is so high on Tebow, I want him banned from any player evaluation/scouting/drafting department. Tebow is a bullsh%# QB that has been on one of the most stacked teams in recent memory. He threw for a ton of yards when he had Percy Harvin, Louis Murphy and Hernandez. Now - he just has Hernandez and guess what ... his numbers are pretty ho hum (14 TD, 4 int, 1945 yds).

BTW -- the injured QB from the "Girl school from FLA" has 14 TD, 7 Int and 2700 yds.

As for Kelly's comment about no more QB's from California -- I bet he'd take Tom Brady in a NY minute.

So good QBs put up better numbers when they're surrounded by great players? That's not exactly news.

And I don't blame Kelly for not wanting to draft Left Coast QBs - especially the Pac 10 types. Brady played in the elements in Michigan, so he doesn't really fit the bill.

Jim Kelly may not speak for the Buffalo Bills in an official capacity, but I can't think of anyone who's word carries more weight when speaking on behalf of the future of the Buffalo Bills then Jim Kelly, unless of course its RW.

When Kelly speaks, folks listen, and for that reason Jim Kelly should conduct himself in a more professional manner in my opinion.

If it is true folks listen, then why aren't you?

The NFL has seen many college pedigreed pure pocket passers with gaudy stats, flame right out. Tebow has done nothing but win his entire career. A lot of people forget that a number of colleges wouldn't give Kelly a chance to play QB. Even Penn State had him playing LB, not QB. Kelly went to My Yami and the rest is Hall of Fame history.

I would definitely take a shot at Tebow. His leadership abilities would do wonders for this team, which hasn't had a real offensive leader since Kelly and to a much, much lesser degree, Bledsoe.

I think Kelly sees a lot of himself in Tebow and if he thinks Tebow would be a good fit for the Bills, who on this board has the credentials to argue with that?

Guest dog14787
If it is true folks listen, then why aren't you?

As disheartening as it was I did listen and is another reason why I realize TE's stay in Buffalo is close to being over, I haven't lost my faith in TE, But I've lost faith that TE can succeed here in Buffalo.

TE needs to move on, I believe that now.