Lenigmusx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
I miss Gibran....

I kinda feel bad about it myself because I had just dissed Hamdan a couple of days before they let him go and I wish I wouldn't have now because he's a real nice guy and the timing is horrible right before the holidays.

I would argue that Hangartner is not exactly an upgrade - do you not notice him getting bowled over every week?

Second, with the HUGE drop off we have seen at Tackle, I wouldnt say our OL has more talent at all.

Peters 10x better than whoever we haev tried.

Walker 20x better than everyone we have tried minus Butler for 1 game

Wood while good is now injured with career in jeopordy, and even before was he an upgrade over Butler? Not really.

Levitre is better than Dockery, but its almost a push. Hangartner is better yes, but still bad

Our OL has more promise for the future (or at least it did before Wood and Butler were lost) but in no way is it better than last year.

I get what you are saying, but I think you and I are kind of referring to two different things. You seem to be more or less describing the current state of our O line, including injuries, where as I was more referring to that actual individual talents of the players versus the players they replaced.

Hangartner, while not great, to me though is better than Fowler. I think he will be better once the line is solidified and healthy too. Yes, like I said, Peters is definitely better than what we have at LT right now, which is the position I think we must address first. But I think Butler is solid at RT when healthy.

Wood and Levitre are better than the guys they replaced. So, if 3 of our 5 starters are better, to me thats a more talented line. And I think Butler is a push at RT when healthy compared to Walker. Our issues on the line are inexperience, injuries and LT. So really, the only starter spot on the line where I think we have less talent is LT.

So just to be clear, I am not saying our O Line is currently playing better than last year, but I am saying that I beleive the talent level of the starters is higher when healthy with the clear exception at LT. I would also note, that the O line is playing better with Fitz under center and giving up far less sacks than earlier in the year too despite all the injuries.

I get what you are saying, but I think you and I are kind of referring to two different things. You seem to be more or less describing the current state of our O line, including injuries, where as I was more referring to that actual individual talents of the players versus the players they replaced.

Hangartner, while not great, to me though is better than Fowler. I think he will be better once the line is solidified and healthy too. Yes, like I said, Peters is definitely better than what we have at LT right now, which is the position I think we must address first. But I think Butler is solid at RT when healthy.

Wood and Levitre are better than the guys they replaced. So, if 3 of our 5 starters are better, to me thats a more talented line. And I think Butler is a push at RT when healthy compared to Walker. Our issues on the line are inexperience, injuries and LT. So really, the only starter spot on the line where I think we have less talent is LT.

So just to be clear, I am not saying our O Line is currently playing better than last year, but I am saying that I beleive the talent level of the starters is higher when healthy with the clear exception at LT. I would also note, that the O line is playing better with Fitz under center and giving up far less sacks than earlier in the year too despite all the injuries.

Yea good points. Not playing great this year but better going forward into 2010. We really need Wood and Butler back at 100%. And Im not the biggest fan of Hang either.... too easily dominated physically IMO.

But Romo and Brady both had an experience QB to be a mentor to Romo and Brady (Drew Bledsoe both times). Who does Brohm have for that... a career backup in Fitz and a 3rd year QB, neither of which will teach him anything. He may be good but you can't compare this situation to Romo or Brady

There's an idea. Drew Bledsoe for QB coach? It makes sense to me. He's mentored 2 superstars in this league.

I would argue that Hangartner is not exactly an upgrade - do you not notice him getting bowled over every week?

Second, with the HUGE drop off we have seen at Tackle, I wouldnt say our OL has more talent at all.

Peters 10x better than whoever we haev tried.

Walker 20x better than everyone we have tried minus Butler for 1 game

Wood while good is now injured with career in jeopordy, and even before was he an upgrade over Butler? Not really.

Levitre is better than Dockery, but its almost a push. Hangartner is better yes, but still bad

Our OL has more promise for the future (or at least it did before Wood and Butler were lost) but in no way is it better than last year.

I would argue Hanggartner is a HUGE upgrade over Fowler. With a ROOKIE on either side of him, there has been MUCH less push from defenses in the middle of the line this year than last. The pressure this year is from the edges.

Guest dog14787
I would argue Hanggartner is a HUGE upgrade over Fowler. With a ROOKIE on either side of him, there has been MUCH less push from defenses in the middle of the line this year than last. The pressure this year is from the edges.

I like Wood ,but I'm not sold on Levitre. It seemed like the pressure up the middle eased up when Levitre was moved to LT and as a whole the O-line performed its best. I like Levitre's athleticism and heart, but I question his size and strength.

If you consider the 19th overall pick in the draft low, then you certainly have high standards. Favre was a 2nd round pick the year before, and commanded a 1st next spring. A bit different story than a high 2nd round pick who couldn't make an active roster the next spring.

56 would be considered a low 2nd round pick I think...

The Packers offered what we did, so they clearly have at least as much value placed on him as we do.

I like Brohm a lot too - but he needs a veteran to show him the way. The Bills would be doing themselves a huge favor if they signed Chad Pennington this offseason to mentor Brohm, or any other QB they may draft.

Hello.....what do you think Fitz is there for....he's been through WARS!!! Sarcasm rules.

Maybe it's me, but Romo comparisons are weak, as Romo sucks without T.O. But hey, Brohm wiil have T.O. for seven more games, so hey!! Cool!

I just wanna see the kid go in for Fitz to see Footsteps just bust out and cry on the sidelines as he realizes he's #3 now.

While Brohm did not cost much (other than a roster spot and the resources that will be expended in trying to bring him along) it is right to avoid having high expectations.

Had he come out his junior year there were some (Sporting News) that projected him as high as #1 overall. He had a lousy combine, particularly in the passing drills and wound up going late in the second round (56th I think).

Some people think that he should have had a leg up because they think Louisville's offence was "pro-style". I think it was still very much a system. While his drops should be well rehearsed its when he comes out of them that you have a problem. B. Petrino's offence was a "one read" scheme for the QB, which is the farthest thing from replicating the demands that the pro-game (specifically NFL defences) impose on the QB position. And sure enough he has to date been unable to adjust to the speed of the game and been unable to read NFL defences or see the field. Hence lots of checkdowns and a reluctance to go downfield. Sound familiar?

He obviously has some skills and here's hoping that he will be successful but he is probably facing an especially step learning curve because I suspect that he needs not only to learn to transition well but also perhaps unlearn certain things as well.