Shanahan Considered "Legitimate Candidate"

Gugny

From CNNSI, 10 minutes ago ...

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- A person familiar with the Buffalo Bills coaching search says two-time Super Bowl-winner Mike Shanahan is considered a legitimate candidate to take over the job.

The Bills have contacted Shanahan, the person familiar with the search told The Associated Press on Tuesday on condition of anonymity because the team is not commenting during its search process.

Shanahan has been out of football after being fired by the Broncos at the end of last season. A message left at his Denver office was not returned.

Bills defensive coordinator Perry Fewell took over as interim coach when Dick Jauron was fired last week.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...ills/index.html

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- A person familiar with the Buffalo Bills coaching search says two-time Super Bowl-winner Mike Shanahan is considered a legitimate candidate to take over the job.

The Bills have contacted Shanahan, the person familiar with the search told The Associated Press on Tuesday on condition of anonymity because the team is not commenting during its search process.

Shanahan has been out of football after being fired by the Broncos at the end of last season. A message left at his Denver office was not returned.

Bills defensive coordinator Perry Fewell took over as interim coach when Dick Jauron was fired last week.

Just saw that myself on CNNSi...nothing new from what I can see?

I love it how articles like this always tell you something right at the end that would be patently obvious to anyone who would bother to read the article in the first place.

It's like you could be reading an article about something Hillary Clinton did this week and, at the end, they tell you, "Hillary's husband Bill was President of the United States for eight years during the 1990's."

I love it how articles like this always tell you something right at the end that would be patently obvious to anyone who would bother to read the article in the first place.

It's like you could be reading an article about something Hillary Clinton did this week and, at the end, they tell you, "Hillary's husband Bill was President of the United States for eight years during the 1990's."

It ties up any loose ends. Can't assume every reader knows all the facts.

I heard that the blue dress commanded a high price at auction, when it was found that it contained a wad of Bill's.

:rolleyes:

Adam Schefter co-wrote a book with Shanahan and is still tight with him. He says that Shanahan isn't just giving the Bills a courtesy interview. Whether he signs is another matter and will depend on what Ralph tells him. I think that the point about the Bills not having a QB and thus Shanahan not wanting to go there is valid, but John DiTullio said that a source told him that Shanahan suggested to the Bills that they trade for Brian Brohm. What this all means ultimately, I don't know.

Of course Bill was president in name only, Hillary was the one in charge.

Adam Schefter co-wrote a book with Shanahan and is still tight with him. He says that Shanahan isn't just giving the Bills a courtesy interview. Whether he signs is another matter and will depend on what Ralph tells him. I think that the point about the Bills not having a QB and thus Shanahan not wanting to go there is valid, but John DiTullio said that a source told him that Shanahan suggested to the Bills that they trade for Brian Brohm. What this all means ultimately, I don't know.

I didn't hear that about Brohm, that's pretty interesting. It seemed like a random move at the time. This whole Shanahan thing is odd to be honest. You're heard absolutely nothing from the Shanahan camp, then you've got Ralph saying that he don't know no Shanahan, then everybody and their mother is reporting a meeting scheduled for this week (including Shannon Sharpe who claimed to have spoken with Shanahan on Sunday morning) yet there has been no confirmation of a meeting and no one even knows when it will take place and there are only two feasible days for said meeting to take place for the rest of the week.

I didn't hear that about Brohm, that's pretty interesting. It seemed like a random move at the time. This whole Shanahan thing is odd to be honest. You're heard absolutely nothing from the Shanahan camp, then you've got Ralph saying that he don't know no Shanahan, then everybody and their mother is reporting a meeting scheduled for this week (including Shannon Sharpe who claimed to have spoken with Shanahan on Sunday morning) yet there has been no confirmation of a meeting and no one even knows when it will take place and there are only two feasible days for said meeting to take place for the rest of the week.

I think Shanny ends up in Chicago with Cutler.

they picked up Brohm from Green Bays practice squad. They didn't trade for him.

True, but that doesn't tell us whether or not such a suggestion occurred. If GB wasn't so hammered with injuries, I wonder if they would have tried to hang onto him by elevating him to their own roster, then told Buffalo they'd talk trade after the season? They are only carrying two quarterbacks on the 53-man squad.

All hypothetical, of course. They could have also said, "You want him? Eh, whatever. Nice knowing you, Brian ..."

True and my bad. What DiTullio actually said is that Shanahan "encouraged the Bills to sign Brian Brohm away from the Packers."

True, but that doesn't tell us whether or not such a suggestion occurred. If GB wasn't so hammered with injuries, I wonder if they would have tried to hang onto him by elevating him to their own roster, then told Buffalo they'd talk trade after the season? They are only carrying two quarterbacks on the 53-man squad.

All hypothetical, of course. They could have also said, "You want him? Eh, whatever. Nice knowing you, Brian ..."

Reportedly the Packers offered Brohm a contract and to be elevated to the 53-man roster, but Brohm chose to take the Bills' offer because he figured he'd have a much better chance to play there. So the Packers did try.