Ralph is about to screw the pooch again

DarthICE

Wait till after the season? Oh I see...so he can try and outbid Jones, Snider etal right? Get ready to hear 'well we tried but they just paid ridiculous money' and we end up with the next cheap assed 'up and coming' Assistant HC candidate.

And what is this BS that Ralph says no one has contacted Shanahan from OBD? funny several reports have sited league sources that not only have we, but that he is interested (which means he acknowledges he was contacted).

I am sick of the BS folks, as most of you are. Lets cut the BS, **** can the rest of the front office and get a staff worth a damn in here.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait till after the season? Oh I see...so he can try and outbid Jones, Snider etal right? Get ready to hear 'well we tried but they just paid ridiculous money' and we end up with the next cheap assed 'up and coming' Assistant HC candidate.

And what is this BS that Ralph says no one has contacted Shanahan from OBD? funny several reports have sited league sources that not only have we, but that he is interested (which means he acknowledges he was contacted).

I am sick of the BS folks, as most of you are. Lets cut the BS, **** can the rest of the front office and get a staff worth a damn in here.

:w00t: He's back.

As opposed to trying to hire people right now, when you are not allowed to contact anyone while the season in progress. So you can only choose from other leagues like the CFL or the unemployment line. Good job, ICE. Always taking the long view.

PTR

what if ralph croaks while he takes his sweet time

(he should have had a plan in place when he fired dick. and he should have acted quickly)

Hey buddy!

Nothing but good will become of our situation. It will get better!

Do you really think one of the big time coaches like we want is going to sign a contract now? They're gonna wait and see what else they can get. Wouldn't you do the same? If you make them an offer that's just opening negotiations. The only coach who would sign a contract is a desperate one.

Do you really think one of the big time coaches like we want is going to sign a contract now? They're gonna wait and see what else they can get. Wouldn't you do the same? If you make them an offer that's just opening negotiations. The only coach who would sign a contract is a desperate one.

I agree. But you can't really blame anyone for being cynical at this point can you? I know I'm inclined to believe the negative. Pathetic

it depends on what is being offered. over 5 mil per? total control? we don't know what ralph will put on the table. the poitn is he should know and should be putting it on the table NOW

Shanahan was making something like 7 mill per in Denver I think. I think Holmgren made 5.5-6 mill in Seattle, so around 7 mill per year with it being Buffalo is what Ralph is going to have to pay.

AND he is going to have to hand over a ton of control.

Again I will believe it when Ralph actually does it. Ralph and the writers are right about one thing, this is Ralphs last shot realistically, so he might as well put all he can into the franchise to try and build a winner now.

As opposed to trying to hire people right now, when you are not allowed to contact anyone while the season in progress. So you can only choose from other leagues like the CFL or the unemployment line. Good job, ICE. Always taking the long view.

PTR

Cant the Bills sign him as GM now, then promote him to coach afterwards? The Bills could add front office personnel like a scout right? I thought that was allowed...not sure by anymeans.

God. Knee jerk reaction.

This is the statement Mr. Wilson released.

“The Bills organization is focused on the next seven games and the efforts of Coach Fewell, the coaching staff and our players. We understand there will be much speculation regarding the head coaching position, but we will not comment during the process until a new head coach has been announced.”

Where does it say he will wait until the end of the season? It doesn't at all. It says they are focused on the next 7 games which they should be. That doesn't mean you can't evaluate your organization during that time.

Cant the Bills sign him as GM now, then promote him to coach afterwards? The Bills could add front office personnel like a scout right? I thought that was allowed...not sure by anymeans.

Which "him" are you reffering to? Shanahan? The Bills can do anything they want with Shanny since he's unemployed. What I'm saying is if they want to interview someone who is working now, such as a coordinator or front office guy, they can't because that would be tampering.

Oh, then there is the Rooney rule to deal with. They can't just hire Shanny without interviewing minority candidates. So despite ICE's charges of incompetence, there are good reasons why the Bills can't have all this done yesterday.

PTR

I don't understand. You claim we can't hire a top coach because we are cheap and can't outbid Jones and Snyder (not snider), but then you want them to can the rest of the front office and get a staff worth a damn. How would you propose to accomplish that with your proposed theory that we can't?