Brady Quinn looks a lot like Trent

sullim4

Lots of checkdown throws, nothing getting thrown deep, lots of near-sacks.

Quarterbacks that are on the same level, or who are being brought down to the level of their supporting cast?

At least Trent was a 3rd round pick. How do you think the Raiders feel about Russell and the Browns about Quinn right now both being #1's?

At least Trent was a 3rd round pick. How do you think the Raiders feel about Russell and the Browns about Quinn right now both being #1's?

The worst part, I remember riding in the car with my wife when they announced on the radio that the "Felons" passed on Quinn to take Ted Ginn and I laughed like a fat little school boy with a bucket of Nestle Crunch Bars. :(

My wife is a Felons fan (I can't say much for her taste... she married me after all) and she didn't see the humor in the situation. Man, I really thought Miami blew it by passing on Quinn... sigh.

Quarterbacks that are on the same level, or who are being brought down to the level of their supporting cast?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of expectation.

And the Browns...well, they suck. Quinn's not going to pull them out of the morass they're in.

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of expectation.

And the Browns...well, they suck. Quinn's not going to pull them out of the morass they're in.

I've always said the best football players should, well, look like the best players regardless of their supporting cast.

That doesn't mean Quinn is going to pull them out, but he should look competent at least.

I mean, seriously, he just threw two bombs downfield. Both out of bounds by 10 yards. WTF?

Yeah.... Trent may be bad. But at least he keeps the ball between the sidelines. That was a bad way to end a bad game.

The worst part, I remember riding in the car with my wife when they announced on the radio that the "Felons" passed on Quinn to take Ted Ginn and I laughed like a fat little school boy with a bucket of Nestle Crunch Bars. :(

My wife is a Felons fan (I can't say much for her taste... she married me after all) and she didn't see the humor in the situation. Man, I really thought Miami blew it by passing on Quinn... sigh.

Ted Ginn can't even start on a team with terrible receivers so it's not like they gained by passing on Quinn. A lot of busts in that draft.

Ted Ginn can't even start on a team with terrible receivers so it's not like they gained by passing on Quinn. A lot of busts in that draft.

No, I know what's you're saying, but on the surface, it looked like a "no-brainer" pick at the time.

BTW, I friggin LOVE Gruden in the booth... his line about seeing the ball at least near the playing field was beer-spittingly funny! :(

No, I know what's you're saying, but on the surface, it looked like a "no-brainer" pick at the time.

BTW, I friggin LOVE Gruden in the booth... his line about seeing the ball at least near the playing field was beer-spittingly funny! :(

I would like Gruden more on our sideline. We need a change in mentality big time.

And who knows how Quinn might have fared if he ended up on another team? Cleveland is a complete mess and they decided to trade away 2 pro bowl receivers in a mkae or break year for Quinn. Not smart.

Cleveland has no offensive talent. Winslow and Edwards were at least somewhat of a threat and they got rid of them.

It's too bad for 2008 Detroit that this Cleveland team won't share the record of 0-16. I think the Browns are more inept than that Lions team. Cleveland had the good fortune of playing the Bills this year. I said it then and I'll say it now.... losing that game should cost Trent Edwards and Jauron any chance of being here in 2010.

I'd say Quinn is being brought down, not much talent there...But Trent, Trent has talent around him and still can't get it done. :(

I've always said the best football players should, well, look like the best players regardless of their supporting cast.

That doesn't mean Quinn is going to pull them out, but he should look competent at least.

That's a good point and the Lions still suck but Stafford looks pretty good and is actually kind of elevating the team's play.

the people saying Quinn would be good with a better supporting cast must be Notre Dame homers or just fall in love with highly touted draft prospects. He has shown absolutely nothing in this league. In the history of pro football has there been a QB as jacked as Quinn who throws the ball down the field so meekly? His muscles I guess were useful in diving at Suggs knees following a pick, that's about it. He has a FAR weaker arm than Edwards and worse accuracy - and Edwards isn't very impressive with either. Quinn should be out of the league as early as next year with the way he plays. Losman has more upside than this piece of refuse.