Someone Please Explain the Palin Hatred!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I applaud you for making the effort to buy American made products. Personally I think this adinistration and a number of industries are missing on a great opportunity to promote a "buy American" effort. We're a free market economy for the most part and we don't protect our industries from foreign competition but there is no reason why we can't become loyal consumers. Congrats on getting a job. Being out 6 months is not bad in this economy.

We've got lots of oil in Alaska, American made.

Industrial production in America is a bad thing. Didn't you get the memo? It causes pollution and obscene profits for giant greedy corporations. There's nothing good that comes from it. It's much better to simply buy things from the Chinese. They don't have any money. Remember when your mother told you to finish your dinner because there were millions of starving kids in China who would be thrilled to have what we throw away?

Remember when your mother told you to finish your dinner because there were millions of starving kids in China who would be thrilled to have what we throw away?

Now mothers throughout China are telling their kids to finish their dinners and their chores because there are millions of starving Americans who have nothing to build.

But hey, we have nothing to be greedy about any more, and I hear people like us, so that's something, right?

Right? :thumbsup:

Hey, look everyone! A Sarah Palin book signing!!!

No. Just well marketed. Good job what ever firm handled that.

You're not the only one who thinks so: LINK.

I'm in Ithaca right now visiting the boss lady, we're definitely making the trip to Rochester Saturday. I've got to do a package for my final in "converged news-room reporting," I'll be sure to send you guys the link!

Hooray for having a story to cover!

(ooo, now you'll get to see my pretty mug!)

And I'm sure they've all read it.

If anyone wants the number to these stores I can get it and post it and you all can bombard them with calls asking them if they carry it or even if they've read it. I really don't give a **** about this book or Palin but the NorCal smugness needs a smack down.

I love the smugness of your area. Here's a great quote:

"Our customers are thinking people," said Nathan Embretson, a bookseller at Pendragon Books in Oakland. "They're not into reading drivel."

Then you go to their website and find THIS at their store. :thumbsup::wallbash:

Yeah, your customers are real "thinking people."

Remember when your mother told you to finish your dinner because there were millions of starving kids in China who would be thrilled to have what we throw away?

That ended when I was six, and responded with all sincerity "Well, can't we just mail this food to them?"