Donte Whitner - Michael Vick

Pozitive51

Donte Whitners comments about bringing Vick to Buffalo really piss me off. Donte Whitner is our biggest underachiever on the team... period. All the guy does is try and lead with his mouth and then can't back it up. He is a #11 overall pick in the draft and should be a perenial Pro Bowler... he can barely keep Bryan Scott and George Wilson from taking his position.

As if horrible coaching and the worst line in the NFL isnt enough now Edwards has to listen to the supposed leader of the defense talk about welcoming Vick... what a bum.... STFU!

GREAT post. Whitner is a big mouthed underachiever. Anyone remember when lil Sammy Morris ran him over on a sweep left at the Ralph a year or two ago? That was just sad.

And the comments were?

Found it...

"Without referring to Buffalo quarterback Trent Edwards, Whitner said players are replaceable, and it's important for teams to bring in "other guys that can get the job done.""

Nothing wrong with it IMO...

Whitner has been replaced, so maybe he was talking about himself--or maybe he doesn't realize what's happened yet.

GREAT post. Whitner is a big mouthed underachiever. Anyone remember when lil Sammy Morris ran him over on a sweep left at the Ralph a year or two ago? That was just sad.

I remember quite well. Whitner is nothing but an average player who has had numerous off field issues. There are so many defensive backs on this weak sister team that it matters little whether or not he is in the lineup.

It wouldn't surprise me if he is cut during or before camp next year.

Donte Whitners comments about bringing Vick to Buffalo really piss me off. Donte Whitner is our biggest underachiever on the team... period. All the guy does is try and lead with his mouth and then can't back it up. He is a #11 overall pick in the draft and should be a perenial Pro Bowler... he can barely keep Bryan Scott and George Wilson from taking his position.

As if horrible coaching and the worst line in the NFL isnt enough now Edwards has to listen to the supposed leader of the defense talk about welcoming Vick... what a bum.... STFU!

How is it that Whitner is underachieving exactly? Remember he was projected as a late 1st round, early second round pick. The guy practices and plays hard. Problem is that he doesn't have ball skills and will never be a playmaker. That's not underachieving. It's Levy and Modrak overestimating a player. Now McCargo on the other hand, even despite being projected as a 3rd rounder, is a lazy underachieving tub of lard.

How is it that Whitner is underachieving exactly? Remember he was projected as a late 1st round, early second round pick. The guy practices and plays hard. Problem is that he doesn't have ball skills and will never be a playmaker. That's not underachieving. It's Levy and Modrak overestimating a player. Now McCargo on the other hand, even despite being projected as a 3rd rounder, is a lazy underachieving tub of lard.

Troy Polamalu is playing tonight the way Dick Levy envisioned he would when they spent a top 10 pick on him. Whitner will not be re-signed when his contract comes due after 2010 and this use of picks on small players (who are hurt more often than not) is what has dragged this franchise down.

And when you don't have clear hits with top ten picks, you'll be right back drafting in the top 10-15 all over again.

But I forgot, he's not being used correctly and Buffalo's front 7 isn't good enough. How about not drafting a safety when you've made a total rebuild for your franchise. Keep yappin lil Donte.

Since he practices hard he was definately worth the number 8 pick. HA HA. Loser mentality strikes again. Whitner is the last person who should be opening his chubby ass cheeks. He is holding our defense back more than anyone. Remember the Sammy Morris.

Donte is saying alot if you read between the lines.

Maybe he is speaking for the whole defense , they don't believe we have a QB that can get the job done. And we know that is the truth.

I remember George Wilson saying the same thing back in the summer. About not having a problem with getting Vick.

Maybe Donte is not Ed Reed but the team is better with him on the field .

I was hoping T.O. would be the first to say it. Glad Donte at least had the balls to say what he is thinking.

correct the defense should call out the offense for their poor play. Trent Edwards has had time to prove himself and he has failed at it. At best he is a 2nd string QB in the league. Not saying i want Vick's baggage but can he be worse than what we have?

Since he practices hard he was definately worth the number 8 pick. HA HA. Loser mentality strikes again. Whitner is the last person who should be opening his chubby ass cheeks. He is holding our defense back more than anyone. Remember the Sammy Morris.

There's a difference between a player underachieving, and a player simply not being that good. It's not Donte's fault that Modrak/Levy/Jauron have no freaking clue how to draft in the first round. It's not like he's taking plays off or anything. He's just not that good of a safety.

I don't blame Donte Whitner, I blame the guys who drafted him.

Guest dog14787
Troy Polamalu is playing tonight the way Dick Levy envisioned he would when they spent a top 10 pick on him. Whitner will not be re-signed when his contract comes due after 2010 and this use of picks on small players (who are hurt more often than not) is what has dragged this franchise down.

And when you don't have clear hits with top ten picks, you'll be right back drafting in the top 10-15 all over again.

But I forgot, he's not being used correctly and Buffalo's front 7 isn't good enough. How about not drafting a safety when you've made a total rebuild for your franchise. Keep yappin lil Donte.

Smallish players are the biggest reason the Buffalo Bills are so injury prone.

I twittered Whitner and told him he was a fool to think Michael Vick could solve our QB problems and he must have booted me as a follower because he's gone, geeesh :worthy: