Bufcomments

Would Jaws make a good GM  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

Did Russ Brandon have any experience???

Just a thought....

Matt Millen that didn't work out but Jaws would be at least a great QB coach, I think he would jump at the chance if B-Low offered him a job.

BTW you know that's Stacy Dash I the avatar <_<

Why do you suppose that? He has a cush job that he is very good at on the top sports network.

He isn't going to leave that. Dream on.

Even if we DID want him

If you saw Mike Catalana's article today on 13 wham news from Rochester today I thought this was an outstanding idea.

Thanks Mike you deserve credit for this idea, wish I had thought of it.

I think he would be perfect GM for this club. From the area, well connected as Mike said. I would post a link but don't know how to do that yet lol.

We all know Ralph is too cheap to hire a top notch guy, I think we should give Jaws a shot, hell he cant be any worse than Brandon is.

Maybe we can hire him as a consultant or something. Anyway he needs to be involved in this organization. Even as QB coach.

Thoughts?

you a jessica burciaga fan? she's a frickin' bombshell...maybe the hottest chick on earth!

anyways...i don't think jaws would make a good gm in the nfl...except for this team. he would be a name people know and a figure from the area. he does show tremendous knowledge of the game, as well as the players in the league. he also is a fan of trent edwards and he would probably be able to save the kid's career.

i think this idea...but i would rather go with a young up and coming front office exec. from one of the more dominant teams. i like the idea of the 3 young guys somebody posted a few days back. it would be nice to get somebody proven who has put together a winning team, who would bring in their own head coach, who would most likely be a hot coordinator from the gm's former team. (Holmgren and Gruden would be the best fit i think).

Russ Brandon has proved to be no match against the likes of Bill Polian, Bill Belichek and Bill Parcells et al when it comes to building teams. Do you really think Jaws can go up against the likes of these guys to bild a competitive team?

Russ Brandon is building a team with a coach he inherited. He drafted the Byrd Man and has managed to once again (even without Flutie) sellout the season. I am so sick and tired of you punks getting down on him.

Polian could not build a championship team with Limp Dick as the Head Coach, nor could the Tuna.

Why Jawarski? Of all the annoying commentators, why pick the dork of the bunch? Lets dig deep and get John madden. He isn't doing commentary anymore plus he won a superbowl. Aim high.

Who is this Jawarski you speak of? Huh? <_< Does he have an NFL background of any kind? :beer: I once knew of a Ron Jaworski who played for the Eagles some years ago, but we can't be talking about the same guy. :doh:

This is absolutely true. Russ didnt hire Dick Jauron (Levy), Russ didnt draft Whitner over Ngata (Levy/Modrak), Russ didnt trade back up into the first round to select McCargo (Levy/Modrak), Russ didnt blow money on failed, high priced free agents (John Guy), what Russ has done in his short time as a GM is draft promising young OL, rid the team of a malcontent OT (Peters), and brought in a hall of fame WR (though on the downside of his career). IMO, the only thing we can criticize Russ for, is drafting Maybin over Oher, although the book is not out on Maybin and hindsight is always 20/20. Dont blame Russ Brandon for finally starting to get things right on this roster, blame Levy, Modrak, Guy, and Ralph...

Yeah, and how well has the Peters move worked out? That was his first horrible decision.

Let's hope his others are better. The draft this year looked OK.

And all the folks who wanted Oher should look at how well he played RT (extremely well, he was ranked as the best tackle on either side in his last two weeks playing RT) and how well he has played LT (tied for 14th now, and only because of the points he racked up when playing RT).

He's actually ranked as a below-average pass blocker (-1.3 where zero is average) and an insanely good run blocker, tied for fourth in the league. That's not what you want at LT, but at RT, you can get by with it.

Knowing, as we do now, that Butler would be injured, Oher would have been a good pick. But there were questions about whether he would ever be a good LT. That's why he fell as far as he did. And the questions appear to be well-founded.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

Yeah, and how well has the Peters move worked out? That was his first horrible decision.

Let's hope his others are better. The draft this year looked OK.

And all the folks who wanted Oher should look at how well he played RT (extremely well, he was ranked as the best tackle on either side in his last two weeks playing RT) and how well he has played LT (tied for 14th now, and only because of the points he racked up when playing RT).

He's actually ranked as a below-average pass blocker (-1.3 where zero is average) and an insanely good run blocker, tied for fourth in the league. That's not what you want at LT, but at RT, you can get by with it.

Knowing, as we do now, that Butler would be injured, Oher would have been a good pick. But there were questions about whether he would ever be a good LT. That's why he fell as far as he did. And the questions appear to be well-founded.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

Horrible?? Really?! So you would rather have the highest paid OT in the league, giving up sacks at a rate not commensurate with his pay? A LT that earned the comment on national tv, "this guy came into the league as an undrafted tight end and tonight he's playing like one". A LT who assessed his play was substandard, because his contract was substandard. You would rather have this guy on the team? NO THANKS!! Even if Peters was playing at an all world level, you can't fault Russ for dumping this piece of garbage. Maybe Bell will improve his strength in the offseason and become a rock on the OL, if not, draft a LT high for security reasons. The trade of Peters which provided the Bills Eric Wood and Shawn Nelson, was Brandon's first GREAT decision.

Everyone does realize Russ has only had 1 SEASON in terms of "building a team" so idk how he's done such a horrible job honestly..if you want someone to blame, blame Levy and Modrak but not Russ

GM needs to be on the same page as his head coach. If Russ was, they would have taken a LT instead of Maybin as our first pick because the GM would have known going into the draft that Walker was inadequate at the most critical position on our line. We had a chance to get 3 solid offensive linemen in the top 46 picks. Can't develop or even fairly assess a QB with our starting tackles right now. It wastes an entire season. The Bills could have even picked up RT Loadholt who looks great for Minnesota in the second round. Maybin isn't just low impact, he's NO impact. I agree that a lot of the blame is on Levy and Modrak but Russ isn't looking good in my opinion.

If you saw Mike Catalana's article today on 13 wham news from Rochester today I thought this was an outstanding idea.

Thanks Mike you deserve credit for this idea, wish I had thought of it.

I think he would be perfect GM for this club. From the area, well connected as Mike said. I would post a link but don't know how to do that yet lol.

We all know Ralph is too cheap to hire a top notch guy, I think we should give Jaws a shot, hell he cant be any worse than Brandon is.

Maybe we can hire him as a consultant or something. Anyway he needs to be involved in this organization. Even as QB coach.

Thoughts?

Jaws has said a hundred plus times on tv that he isn't interested. He has been approached several times by various teams and has turned them down. He is a great X's and O's person, but I don't think he has personnel experience? In my opinion if he was going to do anything, it may be as a coordinator, but not a GM.

Horrible?? Really?! So you would rather have the highest paid OT in the league, giving up sacks at a rate not commensurate with his pay? A LT that earned the comment on national tv, "this guy came into the league as an undrafted tight end and tonight he's playing like one". A LT who assessed his play was substandard, because his contract was substandard. You would rather have this guy on the team? NO THANKS!! Even if Peters was playing at an all world level, you can't fault Russ for dumping this piece of garbage. Maybe Bell will improve his strength in the offseason and become a rock on the OL, if not, draft a LT high for security reasons. The trade of Peters which provided the Bills Eric Wood and Shawn Nelson, was Brandon's first GREAT decision.

What Bills perform commensurate with their pay! The only possible members of the 53 man roster who have both made plays and not also performed badly in bunches are Byrd and Freddie Jackson. And frankly, Byrd is very poor against the run(as a rookie corner converting to the safety might be expected to be). This team is so bad that they don't even perform well when they win. Much of that could be corrected by a disciplined environment like Parcells/Sparano use, but nonetheless they aren't playing up to their pay.

First of all, Jaws might not be any worse but he could also be no better. Second, Brandon isn't the problem. He's a marketing guy. Guy and Modrak do the shopping. Those guys need to go. Of course our Limp Dick head coach needs to be dumped as well.

PTR

in one year under Russ, the offensive line has been decimated, the linebacker corps. has not been shored up, we signed a wr star to sell tickets that has not helped the offense whatsoever, and the offense shows no signs of life. The team has less talent now that a year ago.

Exatly. And the Maybin pick was awful by any standard. You should NEVER bet your first round money on a sophmore who started 10 total college games. MIght work out, more likely to be a bust. Not that Maybin won't be good, but I doubt he will pan out to deserve #11 pick money.