Another Possible although not Probable Idea for HC

IHFO

I don't know if I would be 100% on board with him as the next HC of the Buffalo Bills and I have no information to suggest he is even a possibility. It's just an idea I've been running through my head the last couple of weeks and quite honestly knowing ralph I could see happening. He's a "proven" HC who even had the quote "you play to win the game", which would be different than Dick "playing to keep it close and lose at the final seconds blame everything on injuries". I'm quite honestly interested to see if any of the other posters have any insight one way or another on how they would feel if he was the next HC of the Bills.

I don't know if I would be 100% on board with him as the next HC of the Buffalo Bills and I have no information to suggest he is even a possibility. It's just an idea I've been running through my head the last couple of weeks and quite honestly knowing ralph I could see happening. He's a "proven" HC who even had the quote "you play to win the game", which would be different than Dick "playing to keep it close and lose at the final seconds blame everything on injuries". I'm quite honestly interested to see if any of the other posters have any insight one way or another on how they would heel if he was the next HC of the Bills.

At least Herm would occasionally have something interesting to say in post-game interviews.

I don't know if I would be 100% on board with him as the next HC of the Buffalo Bills and I have no information to suggest he is even a possibility. It's just an idea I've been running through my head the last couple of weeks and quite honestly knowing ralph I could see happening. He's a "proven" HC who even had the quote "you play to win the game", which would be different than Dick "playing to keep it close and lose at the final seconds blame everything on injuries". I'm quite honestly interested to see if any of the other posters have any insight one way or another on how they would heel if he was the next HC of the Bills.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Yeah, I'm not too sure about this one.

On the one hand, he constantly fielded pretty competitive teams with the Jets- but also took over for Parcells, didn't he?

On the other hand, he stunk in Kansas City- but I feel that he got tossed because Pioli was coming onboard and wanted his own man. Edwards was never given a true chance to build KC.

I would put him at the bottom of the list, if we couldn't get Holmgren, Gruden, Shanahan, or Shottenheimer.

And as much as I like Gruden, I am starting to think that perhaps Schottenheimer and 'Marty-ball' might be the best thing for a cold weather club such as Buffalo and with Trentative at QB.

I don't know if I would be 100% on board with him as the next HC of the Buffalo Bills and I have no information to suggest he is even a possibility. It's just an idea I've been running through my head the last couple of weeks and quite honestly knowing ralph I could see happening. He's a "proven" HC who even had the quote "you play to win the game", which would be different than Dick "playing to keep it close and lose at the final seconds blame everything on injuries". I'm quite honestly interested to see if any of the other posters have any insight one way or another on how they would feel if he was the next HC of the Bills.

<_< !!!!

What is it with people and desiring/keeping s****y coaches?

Jauron, Herm, Mangini ...

And the same goes for Marty "Chokenheimer".

Why is it only Bills fans are willing to accept "good enough"?

<_< !!!!

What is it with people and desiring/keeping s****y coaches?

Jauron, Herm, Mangini ...

And the same goes for Marty "Chokenheimer".

Why is it only Bills fans are willing to accept "good enough"?

:beer:

WHY CAN'T YOU READ

what is it with bills fans and not being able to read? was 4th grade not good enough for you?

<_<

WHY CAN'T YOU READ

what is it with bills fans and not being able to read? was 4th grade not good enough for you?

Are you a freaking half wit?

From you:

I don't know if I would be 100% on board with him as the next HC of the Buffalo Bills ...

Unless you are 100% sure you do NOT want him as a HC, then there is a percentage of you that would accept him.

So while Herm may not be your first choice, or second, or third , etc ...., given the right circumstance, you would accept Herm as the Bills coach.

That tells me, if Herm was selected as the next Bills coach, you would probably find some way to justify it. In fact, to some extent you already have:

... quite honestly knowing ralph I could see happening.

Hence forth: why would you be willing to accept another crappy head coach for the Bills?

And this:

I'm quite honestly interested to see if any of the other posters have any insight one way or another on how they would feel if he was the next HC of the Bills.

You asked for people's opinion, and I gave you mine.

Over and over people complain about Jauron playing not to lose. Along comes a guy who plays to win the game and still no one is happy.

<_<:beer::doh:

Do you go online? Do you enter a code?

Seriously...Edwards would be a poor choice, at least that's how I feel. I think it is funny...in the last day or two, I actually found an article advocating keeping ol' Richard around, and I have seen him referred to as a "great coach," and and "the bottom of mediocre."

I, personally, think the man is unfit to coach in the NFL...I do not rank him in the "mediocre" category...that would be because there is no mediocre in my book. 7-9 is a f@$king shot in the pills every year. Middle of the road record, with no realistic shot at playoffs, and a mid-round draft spot is worse that totally sucking out one year and grabbing a #1. #1's are supposed to be something you can build around, and a lot of them turn out to be just that. I don't need a list of #1 busts or anybody to take great exception to that statement. I am just saying that your options are winning and losing, and if the latter outnumbers the former...you aren't mediocre...you're bad.

The article I read on continuity and keeping Dick had some merit, but realistically...this guy has no sac...no leadership qualities. He is just a nice guy. Maybe he can take the rest of his money and live the rest of his life on it, but if he really is so effing nice, perhaps auto sales would work out for him. Hell, he can go coach another NFL team, just not the one that I have season tickets to go watch.

I think that it is to the point that the fans have spoken, and Ralph will actually pony-up a little scratch and get a coach that has a track-record. That is, of course, if a winning coach wants to shuffle off to Buffalo... I am still an advocate for Kelly giving it a shot, but would rather see him standing there with a bag of coin when the inevitable happens, so he can buy the team.

Vote for Chucky in '10

Do you go online? Do you enter a code?

Seriously...Edwards would be a poor choice, at least that's how I feel. I think it is funny...in the last day or two, I actually found an article advocating keeping ol' Richard around, and I have seen him referred to as a "great coach," and and "the bottom of mediocre."

I, personally, think the man is unfit to coach in the NFL...I do not rank him in the "mediocre" category...that would be because there is no mediocre in my book. 7-9 is a f@$king shot in the pills every year. Middle of the road record, with no realistic shot at playoffs, and a mid-round draft spot is worse that totally sucking out one year and grabbing a #1. #1's are supposed to be something you can build around, and a lot of them turn out to be just that. I don't need a list of #1 busts or anybody to take great exception to that statement. I am just saying that your options are winning and losing, and if the latter outnumbers the former...you aren't mediocre...you're bad.

The article I read on continuity and keeping Dick had some merit, but realistically...this guy has no sac...no leadership qualities. He is just a nice guy. Maybe he can take the rest of his money and live the rest of his life on it, but if he really is so effing nice, perhaps auto sales would work out for him. Hell, he can go coach another NFL team, just not the one that I have season tickets to go watch.

I think that it is to the point that the fans have spoken, and Ralph will actually pony-up a little scratch and get a coach that has a track-record. That is, of course, if a winning coach wants to shuffle off to Buffalo... I am still an advocate for Kelly giving it a shot, but would rather see him standing there with a bag of coin when the inevitable happens, so he can buy the team.

Vote for Chucky in '10

Relax bro', it's just Crayonz being himself. <_<

Hiring Herm Edwards would just prove that nobody learned anything from hiring Dick Jauron.

Sadly...I could easily see it happening.

Unfortunately, as long as Richie Kotite is available and the Bills appear to be heading towards eating 2 years of DJ's salary, Herm wouldn't be a bad choice. <_<:beer::doh:

I would still like to see the Titans fire Fisher and have the Bills land him. (Didn't say I expected it to happen, just said it's my preference.) If not Fisher, bring in Schottenheimer to get the team to the playoffs and once they are there, can his butt and bring in someone who can win in the playoffs.

Jauron knows how to get a bad team to play respectable but has no idea how to get a team beyond that. His 3 year deal should have been set in stone the day it was originally signed that it would not be renewed.

Herm Edwards...please NO!

The Bills already have a loser head coach, Edwards went into KC which had just been rebuilt by Dick Vermeil and started rebuilding again.

He is another dufas that doesn't get that you build the O line first, protecting the QB is everything.

"IF" the Bills hire another defensive minded head coach, I'm hoping it is Marty Schottenheimer. You know he will hire his son Brian away from the Jets to be the OC and build a decent O line and proper ground game.

His son could take over as head coach after a few years and the Bills might actually become a decent team that is able to contend with the Patriots.