Another Possible although not Probable Idea for HC

IHFO

At least Herm would occasionally have something interesting to say in post-game interviews.

Probably not nearly as interesting - or entertaining - as...

Mike Leach

Make Leach HC/OC. Have him teach Hardy how to run routes like Wes Welker and Michael Crabtree. Then teach Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick how to play QB, or - better yet - bring in Graham Harrell, who already knows how. Let him spread the field with Owens, Hardy, Evans, Nelson, and Lynch. Watch the points pile up.

Problem solved.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! <_<

I don't know if I would be 100% on board with him as the next HC of the Buffalo Bills and I have no information to suggest he is even a possibility. It's just an idea I've been running through my head the last couple of weeks and quite honestly knowing ralph I could see happening. He's a "proven" HC who even had the quote "you play to win the game", which would be different than Dick "playing to keep it close and lose at the final seconds blame everything on injuries". I'm quite honestly interested to see if any of the other posters have any insight one way or another on how they would feel if he was the next HC of the Bills.

Absolutely not. He is horrible.

I still feel strongly that our HC will be Jack Del Rio. Just makes sense on every level.

I may not know Jack, but I like Jack.

Herm would be plausible, but not terribly energizing for the phyche.

Call me crazy, but I like Mike Tice (in some capacity).

I like Jim Haslett.

Guest dog14787
Probably not nearly as interesting - or entertaining - as...

Mike Leach

Make Leach HC/OC. Have him teach Hardy how to run routes like Wes Welker and Michael Crabtree. then teach Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick how to play QB, or - better yet - bring in Graham Harrell, who already knows how. Let him spread the field with Owens, Hardy, Evans, Nelson, and Lynch. Watch the points pile up.

Problem solved.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! :beer:

Mike Leach is near the top of my list of choices if I had my choice, one of the most creative offensive minded coaches in the nation in my opinion . <_<

I may not know Jack, but I like Jack.

Herm would be plausible, but not terribly energizing for the phyche.

Call me crazy, but I like Mike Tice (in some capacity).

I like Jim Haslett.

Del Rio has a problem of alienating his players in my opinion. If we want to go that route I like Jon Gruden allot and talk about being great in interviews, Gruden is awesome to listen to and always has a good insight and perspective to share.

Talk about good coaching, I think its remarkable what Fassel has done for JP Losman, the guys great with QB's. Be real interesting to see if JP works his way back into the NFL.

My choices in order would be:

1) Jeff Fisher - all around great coach (if the Titans make a dumb move and fire him)

2) Mike Leach - his offensive creativity would bring some level of interest to this team - this selection has Brandon written all over it.

3) Marty Schottenheimer - just knows how to win (ok, at least knows how to get to the playoffs and is friends with Buddy).

The problem is, our coaching options are limited because of the weak front office - what coach realistically would want to come to Buffalo and work with/for this group?

At least Herm would occasionally have something interesting to say in post-game interviews.

I'm hope to god that isn't a criteria for hiring a coach. I know some fans feel that is important, but that's because they are dumb. Bellecheat never says anything interesting.

Are you a freaking half wit?

From you:

Unless you are 100% sure you do NOT want him as a HC, then there is a percentage of you that would accept him.

So while Herm may not be your first choice, or second, or third , etc ...., given the right circumstance, you would accept Herm as the Bills coach.

That tells me, if Herm was selected as the next Bills coach, you would probably find some way to justify it. In fact, to some extent you already have:

Hence forth: why would you be willing to accept another crappy head coach for the Bills?

And this:

You asked for people's opinion, and I gave you mine.

you are reading way too much into it asshat..i was just asking for others peoples opinions, if Edwards was hired I definately would not spend my days looking for ways to justify it, you're taking my words and twisting them. Quite honestly it seems like something you do quite a bit on the boards reading some previous topics you've posted on.

you are reading way too much into it asshat..i was just asking for others peoples opinions,

And I gave you mine, and now you are bitching about it. :censored:

if Edwards was hired I definately would not spend my days looking for ways to justify it, you're taking my words and twisting them. Quite honestly it seems like something you do quite a bit on the boards reading some previous topics you've posted on.

How am I twisting anything? It is a simple concept:

1. You would completely disapprove of Herm's hiring regardless of the reason

2. You would completely approve of Herm's hiring regardless of the reason

3. You would fall somewhere in between 1 and 2. Meaning, there is set of circumstances and/or reasons you would be willing to accept/tolerate/put up with/approve/settle for/what ever word or phrase you choose to signify "I am ok with the hiring of Herm at this time".

By your own admission and words, you are not 1 nor are you 2. That puts you in category 3.

And it's irrelevant if Herm is #5 or #555 on your list of candidates to be the next HC of the Bills, it still means at some point you would tolerate him being the HC.

Which brings me back to my original post. Do NOT accept a crappy HC under any circumstance or reason.

Mike Leach??? How is that offense going to work in the NFL?

Herm Edwards - please god no...... And I don't even belive in god.

It is likely both Dallas and Washingotn will bid for Cowher(i think he is overrated) and Shanahan.

Holmgren would be interesting but he would want to be GM as well. Unfortunately he had his GM responsibilities taken away while at Seattle.

Gruden is the only past successful head coach that is likely to be in Ralph's price range.

And I gave you mine, and now you are bitching about it. :censored:

How am I twisting anything? It is a simple concept:

1. You would completely disapprove of Herm's hiring regardless of the reason

2. You would completely approve of Herm's hiring regardless of the reason

3. You would fall somewhere in between 1 and 2. Meaning, there is set of circumstances and/or reasons you would be willing to accept/tolerate/put up with/approve/settle for/what ever word or phrase you choose to signify "I am ok with the hiring of Herm at this time".

By your own admission and words, you are not 1 nor are you 2. That puts you in category 3.

And it's irrelevant if Herm is #5 or #555 on your list of candidates to be the next HC of the Bills, it still means at some point you would tolerate him being the HC.

Which brings me back to my original post. Do NOT accept a crappy HC under any circumstance or reason.

You are still assuming. I never said "I would be ok with Herm as head coach" Thats what you don't get, you're puting words in my mouth.

Once again going back to not reading, you apparently didn't read post #11 which states:

"i'm not at all advocating this so lets not say i'm an edwards supporter...it was just an idea, something i can see ol ralphie doing "

My pick is ---Marty Schottenheimeimer...you said it---He just knows how to win.....Believe it or not..To win in the post season you've first got to get there. HE WILL get you there. Right now he would have this team...yes this team..have a winning record....And in the lots we'd be talking possible playoffs. Alll I want is to be competitive.... A chance later on....And he could deal with Ralph..... What do you think?

My pick is ---Marty Schottenheimeimer...you said it---He just knows how to win.....Believe it or not..To win in the post season you've first got to get there. HE WILL get you there. Right now he would have this team...yes this team..have a winning record....And in the lots we'd be talking possible playoffs. Alll I want is to be competitive.... A chance later on....And he could deal with Ralph..... What do you think?

I'm good with either JDR or MS.