Get new Offense Coord - NOW, dump AVP

Chuckknox

3 in one year?

AVP may be in over his head but bringing someone in who doesnt know the players or playbook halfway thru the season is only going to make it worse

Everybody knows our playbook it is about 2 pages long. Getting someone up to mickey mouse speed would not be a problem.

That said it is a dumb idea

way to coherently think things through.

What is a new OC going to do for this team at this juncture? He has to use the same playbook... same terminology, same players.... plus he has to deal with the loser offensive assistants.

So, remind me, just for a laugh... who would want the gig as interim OC for the Bills?

Don't you think the new coach would want to hire his own OC? What OC would take a job 1/2 way through a season knowing he probably won't be there in 2 months?

AVP is way over his head, confused. Hire ANY one fast, who cares if it is the 3rd Offense coord in the same year

3 in one year?

AVP may be in over his head but bringing someone in who doesnt know the players or playbook halfway thru the season is only going to make it worse

Dude,

How could it possibly get any worse? Given the weapons that we have-not great, but good. There is absolutely no excuse for how out of sync and ineffective these guys play together. Sure our QB play is marginal, and our O line is very weak especially at tackle, but there is absolutely NO creativity. They are supposed to be professionals. And AVP calls just a brutal game. Three straight runs down by a touchdown in the third qtr. Do you think the players even pay attention to him? This is such a rag tag coaching staff it is just pathetic. I am very dissappointed in AVP's play calling. Here is his chance to make a name for himself-use some innovation. Any schmoe could come up with his gameplans. My son's sixth grade middle school team has more complex plays.

Dude,

How could it possibly get any worse? Given the weapons that we have-not great, but good. There is absolutely no excuse for how out of sync and ineffective these guys play together. Sure our QB play is marginal, and our O line is very weak especially at tackle, but there is absolutely NO creativity. They are supposed to be professionals. And AVP calls just a brutal game. Three straight runs down by a touchdown in the third qtr. Do you think the players even pay attention to him? This is such a rag tag coaching staff it is just pathetic. I am very dissappointed in AVP's play calling. Here is his chance to make a name for himself-use some innovation. Any schmoe could come up with his gameplans. My son's sixth grade middle school team has more complex plays.

I think AVP is going to regret taking this on. His performance this year could be a career killer. For his sake, I hope not.

AVP is way over his head, confused. Hire ANY one fast, who cares if it is the 3rd Offense coord in the same year

Why do we give a rip about the foot speed of an OC? I don't care if he's fast or slow or somewhere in-between, speed doesn't help when your in the booth or on the sidelines. :thumbsup:

Why do we give a rip about the foot speed of an OC? I don't care if he's fast or slow or somewhere in-between, speed doesn't help when your in the booth or on the sidelines. :thumbsup:

Ummm... I normally like beerballs posts, but this is so odd its in crayonz territory...

Considering the Bills learned Turk's playbook, terminology, and Turk/DJ's philosophy last season, all of the OTA's, and training camp before they fired him, how much can AVP or any other OC do? It's too late to change play book. All an OC can do at this point is work with the offense that is in place. Even though I think AVP could be tweaking things here and there, for example, more motion. I really believe his hands are somewhat tied and he is stuck with an offense and an offensive philosophy that is already in place. I am not saying he doesn't deserve any blame for the offensive woe's, but this is not his offense. The Bills screwed this up big time and AVP was put in a bad situation with a pop warner offense and a conservative coach. Good luck with that Alex...

I think AVP is being severely hampered by what Jauron is allowing him to do or not do.

I've seen different articles talking about how Jauron doesn't allow motion in his offense, how he wants a simplified offense. Fewer Formations, basic plays, etc. Then the OC change days before the opener. Add in the fact that you have a young O-line, WR dropping balls, and bad QB and I don't think the best OC on the planet could do anything with this. Unfortunately the easiest thing to do for some people is to point the finger at the OC and say it's all his fault, when it's not.

Way too late for that. This season is a loss anyway.

AVP's NFL Europe game plans really suck...but we are stuck with it until the end of the season unfortunately.