Help with Hotels in Downtown Buffalo

My buddy and I are looking to get a room in DT Buffalo after the Dec 29th sabres-pens game and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good deal in the arena area. We'd like to be able to walk to the game and be able to stumble back from the bar late.

Also, anyone have any experience booking in downtown through priceline? Is it better to try now or to wait and try to get a last minute deal? and what hotels have you ended up getting in the past and for what price?

I know this is more of a Harbour Club 300 post, but I don't have name there. Thanks!

My buddy and I are looking to get a room in DT Buffalo after the Dec 29th sabres-pens game and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good deal in the arena area. We'd like to be able to walk to the game and be able to stumble back from the bar late.

Also, anyone have any experience booking in downtown through priceline? Is it better to try now or to wait and try to get a last minute deal? and what hotels have you ended up getting in the past and for what price?

I know this is more of a Harbour Club 300 post, but I don't have name there. Thanks!

The Hampton on Chippewa is a great location...especially for stumbling home. The place is literally in the middle of all the bars on Chippewa. It's also very nicel, especially for a Hampton.

If you guys don't mind spending some $$, the Mansion on Delaware is very, very nice. Even includes "butler service", i.e. someone to drop you off and pick you up. Also walking distance to Chippewa.

Im not a fan of priceline, I prefer Travelocity, but also check the hotels websites direct, a lot of times they have better prices than those sites, usually with other offers included. Dont wait last minute @ that time of year!

B.

I always use hotels.com because if you need to cancel/switch they're good about crediting you back on your card or giving you a credit to use. The Comfort Suites on Allen was pretty cool and they have the suites so that when you wrangle some of Buffalo's finest thicklets back to your place you can each have your own space...and you'll need it....

I always use hotels.com because if you need to cancel/switch they're good about crediting you back on your card or giving you a credit to use. The Comfort Suites on Allen was pretty cool and they have the suites so that when you wrangle some of Buffalo's finest thicklets back to your place you can each have your own space...and you'll need it....

How do you know that he won't wrangle a thinlet? Is this a quality vs quantity issue? :devil:

How do you know that he won't wrangle a thinlet? Is this a quality vs quantity issue? :devil:

In probability theory, the law of large numbers (LLN) is a theorem that describes the result of performing the same experiment a large number of times. According to the law, the average of the results obtained from a large number of trials should be close to the expected value, and will tend to become closer as more trials are performed.

Let's say the proportion of thicklets to thinlets in Buffalo is 4:1 (very complex mathematic formulas were used to calculate that ratio). According to the law of large numbers, the result of performing the same experiment (in this case 'let' wrangling) will yield, on average, a 75% chance of your 'let' being the dreaded pelvis-straining thicklet instead of the preferred thinlet or cutlet.

Ipso facto, 'let-wrangling' in Buffalo will net you a thicklet 75% of time, 95% of the time.

So whenever I use priceline now, I go here first

http://www.betterbidding.com/

You need to register, but it is great foir understanding which hotels are rated what priceline, and it also gives you great ideas on what offers are being accepted. I never put in a bid until I go there first.

BTW, here is the list of hotels in downtown that Name your Own price uses

3* Adams Mark Hotel

3* Hyatt Regency REVIEW

2.5* Comfort Suites Downtown

Meassage on winning bid for the Adams Mark on 10/10-10/11

Started the bidding at $34 and did incrementals of $2 (adding zones). Got:$42

Adams Mark Hotel Buffalo

Downtown Buffalo

120 Church Street

Buffalo, New York 14202

716-845-5100

Did use the PRICELINE link.

Nice guys... Thanks for all the suggestions.

Just for the record, when I talk about priceline, I'm talkin about the name your own price negotiator option, not just booking it through them at normal price. By doing this, you can get some way cheaper rates.

I think I will just try putting in low bids incrementally on priceline and see what I can get, unless Preston's son can hook me up with a good deal or somethin.

Any other suggestions?

Nice guys... Thanks for all the suggestions.

Just for the record, when I talk about priceline, I'm talkin about the name your own price negotiator option, not just booking it through them at normal price. By doing this, you can get some way cheaper rates.

I think I will just try putting in low bids incrementally on priceline and see what I can get, unless Preston's son can hook me up with a good deal or somethin.

Any other suggestions?

1. There's a new Embassy Suites on Delaware, one block from Chippewa. Opened in July. Very nice, and if you're coming for hockey, you'll like it: NHL teams seem to stay there so far this season (there are autograph hounds outside on game mornings).

2. There is not a Comfort Suites on Allen.

In probability theory, the law of large numbers (LLN) is a theorem that describes the result of performing the same experiment a large number of times. According to the law, the average of the results obtained from a large number of trials should be close to the expected value, and will tend to become closer as more trials are performed.

Let's say the proportion of thicklets to thinlets in Buffalo is 4:1 (very complex mathematic formulas were used to calculate that ratio). According to the law of large numbers, the result of performing the same experiment (in this case 'let' wrangling) will yield, on average, a 75% chance of your 'let' being the dreaded pelvis-straining thicklet instead of the preferred thinlet or cutlet.

Ipso facto, 'let-wrangling' in Buffalo will net you a thicklet 75% of time, 95% of the time.

Be careful however to distinguish amongst the thinlet the dreaded cracklet. A much less experienced but far more upsetting wrangle is the transgendered peckerlet. In either case show them the door and wrangle yourself to bedlet.

So whenever I use priceline now, I go here first

http://www.betterbidding.com/

You need to register, but it is great foir understanding which hotels are rated what priceline, and it also gives you great ideas on what offers are being accepted. I never put in a bid until I go there first.

BTW, here is the list of hotels in downtown that Name your Own price uses

3* Adams Mark Hotel

3* Hyatt Regency REVIEW

2.5* Comfort Suites Downtown

Meassage on winning bid for the Adams Mark on 10/10-10/11

Started the bidding at $34 and did incrementals of $2 (adding zones). Got:$42

Adams Mark Hotel Buffalo

Downtown Buffalo

120 Church Street

Buffalo, New York 14202

716-845-5100

Did use the PRICELINE link.