Ted Ginn to Buffalo?

Which begs the question, with the plethora of DB'S that we have drafted over the past few years, why didn't we take him out and plug in another one?

Here is why I know that all you belly acres are wrong. If you go to a Miami game, almost everybody is wearing a Ted Ginn Jersey. Lots of them wear Dan Marino, but few wear current player's jerseys. That's why I know he might be good. Just the loss in T-shirt sales in Miami could make me smile.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TO and Reed are most likely gone after this season. Roscoe is likely gone as well. If Ginn gets cut by the Fins and he would actually be interested in coming to Buffalo I would take him for a reasonable price. He fills 2 needs assuming only Evans, Hardy, and Steve J are on the roster 1- A returner to fill Roscoe's spot 2- A slot receiver/depth. I am not one to think he is a number 1 or a 2 but as a slot guy he is more then serviceable.

So while Ginn might be a bust he still has a place in the league and the Bills might not be as terrible a fit as others here think (Once again assuming Roscoe is cut and Reed and TO leave in free agency).

Nothing against him personally, but IMO we should have drafted Ngata instead of him. Whitner is a hard hitter and a leader on the team, but Byrd & Wilson look awesome in the secondary. We should trade Whitner for either a T or LB.

Byrd and Whitner look even better

I've watched Ginn struggle down here in South Florida ever since the day he was drafted.

It was, however, still one of the best recent Fin-hating moments this Bills fan has had in the last few years ... watching Cam Cameron (the "offensive-minded" twin of Dick Jauron) step to the post-draft press conference podium to a chorus of boos ... offering up this charm:

"We drafted the Ginn family" .... "Ted Ginn Jr. and his family will give us everything they have." It justifiably became the punchline of every joke on South Florida sportstalk radio for 2 years.

Even our perpetual mediocrity assurance team of Modrak/Guy must've busted a gut on that one.

GREAT IDEA...next year when our qbs are knocked on their ass by the unstoppable pass rush of any of 31 NFL teams they can get up and look at Owens, Evans and Ginn coming back to the huddle. That's the key...get a lot more of the guys we have no need for to fill roster spots somewhere between starter and taxi squad and leave our offensive line to fend for itself.

Actually...do you work for the present Bills administration?

Nothing against him personally, but IMO we should have drafted Ngata instead of him. Whitner is a hard hitter and a leader on the team, but Byrd & Wilson look awesome in the secondary. We should trade Whitner for either a T or LB.

Ngata...now that would have been the move. Or we might have drafted Oher over Maybin. Kind of says a lot about our drafting of players.

Which begs the question, with the plethora of DB'S that we have drafted over the past few years, why didn't we take him out and plug in another one?

That is a great question, maybe it is chalked up to Jauron not being able to recognize an obvious weakness. I sure hope he wasn't trying to make some sort of example out of McGee. He's one of our few talented DB's who actually opted to stay in Buffalo instead of going after a big contract elsewhere.

I've watched Ginn struggle down here in South Florida ever since the day he was drafted.

It was, however, still one of the best recent Fin-hating moments this Bills fan has had in the last few years ... watching Cam Cameron (the "offensive-minded" twin of Dick Jauron) step to the post-draft press conference podium to a chorus of boos ... offering up this charm:

"We drafted the Ginn family" .... "Ted Ginn Jr. and his family will give us everything they have." It justifiably became the punchline of every joke on South Florida sportstalk radio for 2 years.

Even our perpetual mediocrity assurance team of Modrak/Guy must've busted a gut on that one.

:unsure: That press conference was CLASSIC.