I feel like the tide is turning

zow2

gugny.... while i admit that t-shirt is a little bit vulgar, i disagree with you. This isn't just a game, its a tradition, its a lifestlye, it means a !@#$ of alot more than the New York Bowling championships. Or the England Darts Tourny. Bills football, Bills Pride envokes the strongest emotions from me. roller coaster of emotions of extreme highs and lows. They can make you a manic depressant. If the head coach doesnt think of it that way he shouldn't be here. Game planning and studying film and team preperation should be alot more important to him that having dinner with his wife on their anniversary, or attending one of his daughters birthday parties. Life revolves around the Bills, and thats how a head coach should view it. I don't think DJ feels 1% that strongly, altho i don't believe he doesnt' care at all. he would probably like a win but it doesnt' hurt him if they lose it. I don't like that. Buffalo Pride and the legendary Buffalo Bills are amongst the most important things to a die-hard like me.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scoring 2 TD's in three games against CLE, NYJ, and CAR isn't what I'd call offensive production. As a matter of fact, the offense has exactly 8 TD's in 7 games. They rushed for 53 yards on 30 carries yesterday, and the OL is struggling mightily.

It's easy to get emotionally worked up after beating inferior teams. To make the post-season, the Bills have to go at least 7-2 in their final 9 games to have a shot, which means losing only two games to NE, MIA, NYJ, ATL, IND, HOU, JAC, KC, and TEN. After losing to CLE, I'm no game is a sure thing with this team.

It's actually all of 3 offensive TDs - 2 against Carolina, 1 vs the Jets. But nevertheless, your points are spot on.

I don't hold any optimism for this season - and I usually try to look at the bright side of things. I just have no faith in the coaching staff to get this turned around. Winning these games against bad teams or QBs that have really bad days doesn't inspire me, either. If they beat Houston with a good offensive performance, then I might be encouraged.

I don't know, i get this weird vibe about this team. Last year they started 5-1 and then everything caved. This year, they absorb that soul-crushing opening night loss at NE, then spiral down to 1-4 after that horrible home loss vs. Cleveland. Everything that could go wrong did including a crazy amt of injuries. I mean things could not have been worse.

Now all of a sudden, at rock bottom...Trent gets hurt- new QB, the D and Byrd emerge to create a remarkable amt of turnovers, stopping 4th and shorts...the patchwork D is finding a chemistry together. If they can't smother teams, they certainly change the game with turnovers. The O is making just enough plays to score a couple offensive TD's while breaking in a new QB. SPecial teams is suddenly playing up to their potential, covering punts and KO's and pinning teams back....plus, the weirdest of all, our opponents special teams are botching and missing easy FG's that would change these games. It all gives me just enough hope that if they beat Houston on Sunday, I'm going to be pumped for the 2nd half of the season.

I think if we can rely on getting 9 picks, horrific winds, multiple missed field goals from short range and crucial special teams turnovers by the other side we really could be on to something good. To me, the last two games were typical of what you see when two average-to-bad teams tee it up. These wins remind me of the ones we had early last year.

That having been said, I hope they continue to take advantage of what breaks there are on the schedule and there is plenty to watch in terms of seeing young guys develop into the heart of the roster.

It's actually all of 3 offensive TDs - 2 against Carolina, 1 vs the Jets. But nevertheless, your points are spot on.

I don't hold any optimism for this season - and I usually try to look at the bright side of things. I just have no faith in the coaching staff to get this turned around. Winning these games against bad teams or QBs that have really bad days doesn't inspire me, either. If they beat Houston with a good offensive performance, then I might be encouraged.

It is funny you say the jets are bad & then say houston is good. Jets beat houston pretty good opening weak. I

You may be too optimistic, maybe not. It's too early to tell. But, I too am optimistic. Sometimes when a team learns to win, they can win other games they "had no business winning" too. Do you realize that if we win on Sunday and the Jets lose to Miami, we'll have sole possession of the last wildcard spot? We'd have the same record as the Texans and Jets but own both of them on head to head. As far as the Jets and Carolina being bad teams. Maybe so, but the Jets had a winning record when we beat them and they still have a winning record.

I think we can beat Houston but it's gonna be tough. They've got a good downfield offense. If we can get pressure on Shaub and get a few picks we have a chance. Fitz has struggled in 1st halfs but gotten us 13 points in the 2nd half of each game. If we can somehow get him going in the first half, we got a real shot at this.

I don't know, i get this weird vibe about this team.

This is exactly why I love hard core Bills fans. They can watch the last three miserably played games (by all teams involved) and still have a great deal of optimism for the remainder of the season. I truly wish I had some of that in me.

I hate to say this but objectively speaking we are the worst 3-4 team in the league...

dont want to sound like a broken record....if we just had a tiny bit of luck we could be at 5-2. i dont think we are as bad as u think.

anyway the team is now playing with new life. they see that extra effort equals result. at least thats what i hope they think...

This is exactly why I love hard core Bills fans. They can watch the last three miserably played games (by all teams involved) and still have a great deal of optimism for the remainder of the season. I truly wish I had some of that in me.

her name is HOPE

is it rude if i say, "accept it monkey!"

God help me, I love it so.

Houston will destroy us, and show us that our "great pass D" is simply average without a pass rush to help it out. (not a critique of the secondary, which I think is very good.)

Why do you ( and others with similar posts ) insist on posting on the board? I don't get it. The Bills won two in a row and you have to find some way or another to shred the team. Why don't you go post on the 'Fins board and talk about how great it is to have Fergie as your owner.

Yes, thanks for the correction on the TD's.

It's pointless to discuss individual players or even the coaches because ultimately it's the people from the top choosing the coaches and players that are hindering the franchise. The owner, supposed COO/GM, VP's of Pro Personnel and Amateur Scouting are the people who need to draw the criticism. For me, it's hard to believe in a franchise which won't change because the owner is at an advanced age and cannot make long term plans.

For the life of me, there's nothing more to say about the franchise. Management is struggling to find reasons NOT to change. The tide is not turning, and if it were, 7-9 in 2008 would have been the end for that HC and front office. I'm actually looking forward to the off-season to see how they're going to sell this team and avoid making changes, including firing the coach. It wouldn't surprise me to see DJ return, especially if they go 7-9 or 8-8.