trent concussion

nuklz2594

Guest dog14787
does the nfl have a special helmet he can wear? i remember kelso wore a different helmet.

If there is a better one TE should wear it because a couple more concussions and he's done.

does the nfl have a special helmet he can wear? i remember kelso wore a different helmet.

Current NFL helmets are the reason for all of the brain injuries- but as long as NFL marketing can line their pockets, they couldn't care less. The uniforms are about the all-mighty dollar, not player safety at all. The design is HORRIBLY flawed

Current NFL helmets are the reason for all of the brain injuries- but as long as NFL marketing can line their pockets, they couldn't care less. The uniforms are about the all-mighty dollar, not player safety at all. The design is HORRIBLY flawed

Care to elaborate?

Guest dog14787
Care to elaborate?

I've often thought more could be done protecting the head and neck by incorporating a flexible support swivel fastening the helmet to the shoulder pads in the rear designed to lessen some of the impact taken on the head and neck area and dispersing it across the shoulders upon impact. The only problem with this train of thought is pretty soon you have human missiles flying around capable of colliding at even faster speeds.

Care to elaborate?

Not "horribly flawed" as much as simply archaic. The "hard shell with foam inserts" design is sufficient for preventing head trauma (e.g. skull fractures), but transmits too much energy to the head to prevent brain trauma, particularly cumulative brain trauma such as from multiple concussions.

There's been better designs under development for about ten years...Riddell has one, and here's a neat graphic of another one. The real surprise is that the NFL doesn't appear to be taking the lead in developing this technology - doubly surprising since Riddell is the largest supplier of helmets to the league.

Guest dog14787
Not "horribly flawed" as much as simply archaic. The "hard shell with foam inserts" design is sufficient for preventing head trauma (e.g. skull fractures), but transmits too much energy to the head to prevent brain trauma, particularly cumulative brain trauma such as from multiple concussions.

There's been better designs under development for about ten years...Riddell has one, and here's a neat graphic of another one. The real surprise is that the NFL doesn't appear to be taking the lead in developing this technology - doubly surprising since Riddell is the largest supplier of helmets to the league.

The Xenith X1 looks like a good helmet.

Thanks. Quite interesting. You'd think the league and/or teams would be all over a new design like this. I guess we just gotta give Brady a concussion before the league trys to actually do something about it.

I've often thought more could be done protecting the head and neck by incorporating a flexible support swivel fastening the helmet to the shoulder pads in the rear designed to lessen some of the impact taken on the head and neck area and dispersing it across the shoulders upon impact. The only problem with this train of thought is pretty soon you have human missiles flying around capable of colliding at even faster speeds.

your design would alter physics eh......??????

Guest dog14787
your design would alter physics eh......??????

Nawww, high speed collisions would occur more frequently , but I suppose we can't make the players any faster than they already are, lol, my bad.

When the fear of breaking your neck is taking out of the equation the collisions would become more violent and occur more frequently in my opinion and the same can be said about a foolproof helmet, your head would then become a projectile or weapon with no fear of injury.( not a legal one)

Oh, Sweet Jesus. Can you imagine Crayonz's reaction when he finds out there are shock absorbers inside that thing? Talk about cheating. :cry:

Instead of worrying about a new, better helmet. Why not think about actually changing protections , pass plays and O linemen.

Payton Manning takes the fewest sacks in the NFL for several reasons, quick release, passing plays designed to get the ball out in 3-4 seconds and and offensive line that actually can protect long enough to allow him to make plays.

That concussion that Edwards suffered in Arizona, that safety came clean on him, nobody was even close to blocking him. When an offense fails to pick up a safety blitz like that one, it is a result of the entire offense failing to do its job, in a spectacular fashion. That one play changed the course of the game and the Buffalo Bills entire season.