texan fan here visiting buffalo for the game next sunday

you need to start practicing the parking lot olympics....you know, beer pong/drinking, bean bag toss/drinking, ring toss/drinking, football throw/drinking etc....when your done with all that, sit down, relax and have a cold one.......because this is your first game, i would recommend a bills parking lot for the true tail gating experience, come early, like before 10 am and plan to stay late after the game. stop by the Field House (indoor practice facility, looks like a huge barn), usually some good stuff going on there. wear your gear, bills fans are a fun loving bunch, just don't "taunt" anyone otherwise you might be wearing some beer. you know what they say......Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem....lol......(P.S.A. have a designated driver).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt you'll have a problem wearing Texans gear. It's not like it's Miami or the Jets. And, as said previously by someone, don't judge the fan base on a few idiotic, loud-mouthed drunks. I live about 6 hours from the stadium, and used to go every year (streak stopped when my son was born!). The tailgating is unbelievable. I've never tailgated with anyone who was less than friendly. I saw someone's advice to dress for the weather. Take heed! My first game was Buffalo vs. Denver in late October. My buddy and I went in jeans and jackets. No gloves, hats or raingear. Make sure you have all of those things! Not only was it freezing, but it started raining/snowing and we were drenched and chilled to the bone by mid 1st quarter. Of course the game went to OT, AND Buffalo lost! So it was like a quadruple whammy for the day. But even with all of that, it was probably one of the best times I've ever had in my life. Enjoy the game. Enjoy the fans. Enjoy the atmosphere. And welcome to upstate NY!

ya hopefully I can go to some of those places you mentioned. It will really depend on what my friend wants to do since he knows the area and he will be driving. he said something about a town called rochester. anybody familiar with that? and ya like I stated before, I am a very easy going guy who has alot of friends because of it. I know its your house and I will act like a good guest :w00t: me and my friend will both be in texan gear :w00t: :w00t:

Rochester is not actually a town. It is a city...essentially Buffalo on a smaller scale. I'm amazed that so few people outside of NY state know of Rochester. I have cousins from Rosenberg Texas that had never heard of it before they came up here either.

If you do go to Rochester stop by Nick Tahou's and grab a Garbage Plate.

dang man I live in northwest houston too! the willowbrook area to be exact. LOL my biggest heartbreak is still that 1993 playoff game when buffalo came back down 35-3. Everytime I see that game on replay I always hope that never really happened and that the oilers hold on lol. I was only 7 at the time, but it still hurts
If you need more advice a group of Bill fans meet every sunday at Nortons on 249, back wall TV., Bills flag should be up

If you need more advice a group of Bill fans meet every sunday at Nortons on 249, back wall TV., Bills flag should be up

I actually work at the texans game on sunday, but on the way home I can stop by and have a beer or something and watch the bills vs panthers. sound cool?

-Bring your drinking face.

-Grab yourself some Canadian beer.

-Wander around with your friend and just take in the scenery, there's usually crazy games, stunts, etc. going on in many of the tailgating lots.

-I wouldn't worry too much about having a Texans jersey on. You'll get the occasional yelling and shouting and booing but just act friendly and happy and no one will care.

-Pound those last few beers on the way to the gate, seeing as beer prices inside are ridiculous.

-Hit up Duff's after the game if possible...you won't regret it.

-Definitely be prepared for the weather, it will probably be very cold.

-Get to the tailgating lot early and start drinking, start the day out the right way.

-Enjoy yourself, it will be a fun experience.

whats up fellas? I plan on traveling to new york for the texans vs bills game next weekend. I am flying to syracuse because that is where one of my friends lives and he is going to drive us to buffalo for the game that sunday morning. I was just wondering if there are any hotspots near the stadium on gameday, or of anything near buffalo. keep in mind I only been to florida and illinois outside of texas so I dont know anything about buffalo. and my friend has only lived there for a little while. I am soooo excited I always wanted to experience a texans road game. and If I could pick any stadium to visit outside of greenbay it is the bills. why? I am not sure, but it looks like a great football experience. also if any of you plan on tailgating at the game It would be great if u would let me tag along if u dont mind having a texans fan at it lol, I would be more than happy to donate money. thank you for your time and hopefully I can hear back from some of you. also how bad will I get heckled? LOL!!!!! I plan on wearing my demeco ryans jersey with my texans jacket and a red astros fitted hat. I come in peace, I am just a 24 yr old college graduate looking to have a good time and enjoy the finer things in life!

PS. I apologize if this topic doesn't belong on this section please move if needed. I hope to meet some of you next weekend possibly

If you are coming in to Syracuse the night before, have your friend take you to Dinosaur BBQ. Okay, it's not Texas level, but it is a rather interesting place.

seriously, you will have a good time just enjoy the experience.

Buffalo is not NYC/Miami or Chicago, its a medium sized northeast city that is full of "real" good people many of whom care deeply about sports. If you are looking for a big "cookie cutter" type city with glitz and glamour you will be disappointed but if you are looking for a "real" and unique experience with true fans you will have a blast.

you need to start practicing the parking lot olympics....you know, beer pong/drinking, bean bag toss/drinking, ring toss/drinking, football throw/drinking etc....when your done with all that, sit down, relax and have a cold one.......because this is your first game, i would recommend a bills parking lot for the true tail gating experience, come early, like before 10 am and plan to stay late after the game. stop by the Field House (indoor practice facility, looks like a huge barn), usually some good stuff going on there. wear your gear, bills fans are a fun loving bunch, just don't "taunt" anyone otherwise you might be wearing some beer. you know what they say......Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem....lol......(P.S.A. have a designated driver).

What's a Bills Parking Lot?

I am happy for this thread. I am also a Texans fan in Houston traveling to Buffalo next Saturday for the game. I am totally excited about coming to Buffalo again. I was there in March but didn't get to see much since some Bills players took me to Toronto. All of the suggestions of things to do were great. I am staying at Hotel Indigo. Is there anything to do socially around there or should I go into downtown? How can I get to the stadium from my hotel? I would also like to join a tailgate or two on Sunday. I will be in my Houston Texans gear. I am a female so I am hoping that I won't get harrassed much. I smile and laugh alot, plus I am tiny so hopefully I have that going for me.

How is the weather there now?

I am happy for this thread. I am also a Texans fan in Houston traveling to Buffalo next Saturday for the game. I am totally excited about coming to Buffalo again. I was there in March but didn't get to see much since some Bills players took me to Toronto. All of the suggestions of things to do were great. I am staying at Hotel Indigo. Is there anything to do socially around there or should I go into downtown? How can I get to the stadium from my hotel? I would also like to join a tailgate or two on Sunday. I will be in my Houston Texans gear. I am a female so I am hoping that I won't get harrassed much. I smile and laugh alot, plus I am tiny so hopefully I have that going for me.

How is the weather there now?

Hmmm Id bring a jacket...or 4 :cry:

Should be about 20's or 30's come november 1st