texan fan here visiting buffalo for the game next sunday

whats up fellas? I plan on traveling to new york for the texans vs bills game next weekend. I am flying to syracuse because that is where one of my friends lives and he is going to drive us to buffalo for the game that sunday morning. I was just wondering if there are any hotspots near the stadium on gameday, or of anything near buffalo. keep in mind I only been to florida and illinois outside of texas so I dont know anything about buffalo. and my friend has only lived there for a little while. I am soooo excited I always wanted to experience a texans road game. and If I could pick any stadium to visit outside of greenbay it is the bills. why? I am not sure, but it looks like a great football experience. also if any of you plan on tailgating at the game It would be great if u would let me tag along if u dont mind having a texans fan at it lol, I would be more than happy to donate money. thank you for your time and hopefully I can hear back from some of you. also how bad will I get heckled? LOL!!!!! I plan on wearing my demeco ryans jersey with my texans jacket and a red astros fitted hat. I come in peace, I am just a 24 yr old college graduate looking to have a good time and enjoy the finer things in life!

PS. I apologize if this topic doesn't belong on this section please move if needed. I hope to meet some of you next weekend possibly

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats up fellas? I plan on traveling to new york for the texans vs bills game next weekend. I am flying to syracuse because that is where one of my friends lives and he is going to drive us to buffalo for the game that sunday morning. I was just wondering if there are any hotspots near the stadium on gameday, or of anything near buffalo. keep in mind I only been to florida and illinois outside of texas so I dont know anything about buffalo. and my friend has only lived there for a little while. I am soooo excited I always wanted to experience a texans road game. and If I could pick any stadium to visit outside of greenbay it is the bills. why? I am not sure, but it looks like a great football experience. also if any of you plan on tailgating at the game It would be great if u would let me tag along if u dont mind having a texans fan at it lol, I would be more than happy to donate money. thank you for your time and hopefully I can hear back from some of you. also how bad will I get heckled? LOL!!!!! I plan on wearing my demeco ryans jersey with my texans jacket and a red astros fitted hat. I come in peace, I am just a 24 yr old college graduate looking to have a good time and enjoy the finer things in life!

PS. I apologize if this topic doesn't belong on this section please move if needed. I hope to meet some of you next weekend possibly

First of all, welcome. Secondly, you should come up for a Saturday and make a weekend of it. But if you're jsut comign up for the game, then jsut head to the parking lots at 8am or so. Not many places tailgate like we do.

Guest dog14787

You do realize by tailgating with Bills fans though, they may want to test your Texan toughness with some activities like perhaps sending you over the Niagara falls in a barrel. :w00t:

Welcome to the board. Your def in for a treat. Bills fans are one of the passionate fans in the NFL. Plenty of great places to tailgate around the stadium. Personally i tailgate at Erie Community College. We typically have a keg and about 5 grills going, always a good time. I think the tailgate is better than the game. (If you want to join us send me a personal message and ill let you know how to get in touch with me) Truely tho there isnt a bad place to tailgate

If your looking to get Buffalo Wings, the best are at a place called Wings...dont know the exact address and the other one is anchor bar. Sample the local food, its pretty awesome.

In terms of heckling... as long as you dont cause any trouble and talk smack youll be fine...few boos but most fans are pretty respectful...its just a game

Good Luck Texan....Your gonna need it :w00t:

First of all, welcome. Secondly, you should come up for a Saturday and make a weekend of it. But if you're jsut comign up for the game, then jsut head to the parking lots at 8am or so. Not many places tailgate like we do.

ya I am going to cuse on saturday and gonna spend sunday in buffalo, we do plan on being there early for sure, im sure buffalo know how to tailgate as we do in houston :w00t:

LMAO. Are there any hotspots near the stadium on gameday? Wow. Buffalo's setup near the stadium on gameday makes it the best tailgating scene in the NFL, and there isn't a close second. Trust me, on gameday, get somewhere near where you can visually see Ralph Wilson Stadium, and just walk around and observe. You'll be amazed at what you see, and you'll be entertained for the 5 hours before the game. Trust me.

You do realize by tailgating with Bills fans though, they may want to test your Texan toughness with some activities like perhaps sending you over the Niagara falls in a barrel. :w00t:

ya man I am not a rowdy fan and I dont like any trouble, I never mess with visiting fans at reliant stadium or anything like that. I appreciate the response! I will contact u in a couple days for sure in a message once me and my friend look at our options. I will send u my phone number, thx man

If you do head into Buffalo, Chippawa Street Downtown is the night club district. Some good bars, eateries etc there. There is a very good Buffalo wing place called Duffs on the corner of Orchard Park Rd and Southwestern Blvd. It's not far from the Stadium. You could try going to the Big Tree Inn which is practically next door to the Stadium. (cor of Abbott Rd and Big Tree Rd.) I've heard some Bills players will stop there and get wings/etc after games. Danny's is across the street and isn't bad either.

If you do need to make a quick getaway after the game, having to drive back to Syracuse and all, I would avoid the RWS lots and park in a private lot. Easier to get out of those. Your friend may already know this but traffic on Interstate 90 before and after games is heavy. The best way to bypass it is to get off at Exit 49 Transit Road, and head south about 8 miles. Transit turns into Southwestern and takes you right to RWS. Same with heading back. There is always a huge backup at the tolls and Transit Road will get you past all that.

Enjoy the game.

PTR

If you do head into Buffalo, Chippawa Street Downtown is the night club district. Some good bars, eateries etc there. There is a very good Buffalo wing place called Duffs on the corner of Orchard Park Rd and Southwestern Blvd. It's not far from the Stadium. You could try going to the Big Tree Inn which is practically next door to the Stadium. (cor of Abbott Rd and Big Tree Rd.) I've heard some Bills players will stop there and get wings/etc after games. Danny's is across the street and isn't bad either.

If you do need to make a quick getaway after the game, having to drive back to Syracuse and all, I would avoid the RWS lots and park in a private lot. Easier to get out of those. Your friend may already know this but traffic on Interstate 90 before and after games is heavy. The best way to bypass it is to get off at Exit 49 Transit Road, and head south about 8 miles. Transit turns into Southwestern and takes you right to RWS. Same with heading back. There is always a huge backup at the tolls and Transit Road will get you past all that.

Enjoy the game.

PTR

ya man after the game we plan on hanging around buffalo for a good while, so we will be able to check out some things. exactly how far is niagra falls from ralph wilson stadium?

Enjoy the game.

PTR

Don't sweat it compared to the Katy freeway during rush hour this traffic is nothing

Guest dog14787
yea, traffic at the Ralph sucks, but compared to Houston not so bad, anyway stay in the parking lots and

party till it thins outs, just like Reliant

I drove threw Houston on New Years Eve a few years back on my way back to Bay City and it was like a war zone. I have never seen so many car accidents at one time in my life. The City way out grew the roads in Houston and it has to be one of the worse places in the U.S. to drive.

Welcome to the board. Your def in for a treat. Bills fans are one of the passionate fans in the NFL. Plenty of great places to tailgate around the stadium. Personally i tailgate at Erie Community College. We typically have a keg and about 5 grills going, always a good time. I think the tailgate is better than the game. (If you want to join us send me a personal message and ill let you know how to get in touch with me) Truely tho there isnt a bad place to tailgate

If your looking to get Buffalo Wings, the best are at a place called Wings...dont know the exact address and the other one is anchor bar. Sample the local food, its pretty awesome.

In terms of heckling... as long as you dont cause any trouble and talk smack youll be fine...few boos but most fans are pretty respectful...its just a game

Good Luck Texan....Your gonna need it :w00t:

Yeah, you should hang out with Hamdan's Revenge, he'll probably bake you some cookies!

Sorry, HR, I couldn't resist. :w00t:

I drove threw Houston on New Years Eve a few years back on my way back to Bay City and it was like a war zone. I have never seen so many car accidents at one time in my life. The City out grew the roads in Houston and it has to be one of the worse places in the U.S. to drive.
Its bad, but you need to give some slack for New Years Eve

ya I am going to cuse on saturday and gonna spend sunday in buffalo, we do plan on being there early for sure, im sure buffalo know how to tailgate as we do in houston :w00t:

People in Houston know how to tailgate? You do know that up here it doesn't mean going bumper to bumper when 59 (Southwestern Freeway) curves to the left just past I-610, right? :w00t:

Too bad you're only in Buff-lo for 1 day. Lots of good bars and lots of good junk food (Duffs, the Bar-Bill, Teds, Mighty, etc, etc, etc). And the bars stay open 'til 4AM. :w00t:

We can't compete w/ the Pappas restaurants nor the Chinese restaurants you'll find in Sharpstown; but for what we do well (wings, pizza, Polish cuisine, Italian, dogs), Houston can't come close.

ya man after the game we plan on hanging around buffalo for a good while, so we will be able to check out some things. exactly how far is niagra falls from ralph wilson stadium?

It's about 40 minutes to Niagara Falls from Orchard Park. Consider bringing your passport so you can cross into Canada. The USA side of the Falls bites. All the action is on the Canadian side...better view, better tourist stuff, better clubs and restaurants. And of course, the "Canadian Ballet". Ask your friend to take you to the Sundowner. Don't be surprised if you run into some Texans players there.

PTR