Kathleen Turner

Albany,n.y.

She's currently on Showtime's Californication, she's gone downhill big time. There are many actreses her age & older who look a lot better than she does. You'd think in a profession so based on looks, she would have taken better care of herself.

Kathleen Turner 2009: http://www.wireimage.com/celebrities/kathleen-turner

She's currently on Showtime's Californication, she's gone downhill big time. There are many actreses her age & older who look a lot better than she does. You'd think in a profession so based on looks, she would have taken better care of herself.

What are you talking about, "gone downhill"? She hasn't changed a bit since she held Princess Leia hostage in that gold bikini...

She's 55. Body Heat was half her life ago. Looks good for a 55 year old with arthritis problems. Also probably hasn't had facelifts.

Lets see what some of these posters look like when they are 55.

She's 55. Body Heat was half her life ago. Looks good for a 55 year old with arthritis problems. Also probably hasn't had facelifts.

Lets see what some of these posters look like when they are 55.

no kidding. You would think most of this board pulls nothing but 10's and hot ass by the way they post. Internet bravado. How courageous to make anonymous fun of a 55 year old suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. Big men!

The thing is Kathleen Turner hit the wall about 20 years ago.

Bill Simmons just started the Kathleen Turner all stars this week. Can anybody name anybody else?:

THE KATHLEEN TURNER ALL-STARS (-2.5) over The Stevie Nicks All-Stars

From reader Kalman: "I watched 'Night Shift' recently and was totally shocked to see how hot Shelley Long was in that scene when she cooks breakfast in her underwear. With you being the PCG (pop culture guru) and all, I was hoping you could think of some women who younger men may be surprised to find out were considered ridiculously hot and desirable back in the day. The Shelley Long All-Stars if you will. So far I have Kathleen Turner, Suzanne Somers and Cybill Shepherd. Need your help figuring out someone other than blonde chicks from the '80s."

You came to the right place, Kalman. Kathleen Turner is a much better choice for team captain. After "Body Heat" and "Romancing The Stone," really, nobody was hotter … and within 15 years she was playing Chandler's transsexual dad on "Friends." This would have been unthinkable in 1984. I would have fought you in 1984 for even suggesting it. Someone else I'd put over Long and who could arguably be the captain of this team: Stevie Nicks. (Look at her in this clip. Did a double take, right?) But the all-time greatest example? Shelley Winters. When I was growing up, she was the obese lady who came on "The Tonight Show" every so often. She was terrifying. I never knew that she was considered a siren in the 1940s -- that was even more unthinkable than Kathleen Turner's playing a transsexual dad.

Then again, it's no fun to name anything after Shelley Winters, or even to think about her. So let's name it the Kathleen Turner All-Stars. Some other good examples with help from the Mailbag Committee: Kirstie Alley; Susan Sarandon; Phyllis George; Belinda Carlisle; Carrie Fisher; Charlene Tilton; Mary Tyler Moore; Tyra Banks; Marianne Faithfull; Melanie Griffith; Delta Burke; Deborah Norville; Teri Garr; Cher; Brenda Vaccaro; Angie Dickinson; Brigitte Nielsen; Valerie Bertinelli; Lindsay Lohan (the youngest example ever); Ann Wilson; Elizabeth Taylor; Ann-Margret; Debbie Harry; Whitney Houston; and, of course, Jim Lampley.

Then again, it's no fun to name anything after Shelley Winters, or even to think about her. So let's name it the Kathleen Turner All-Stars. Some other good examples with help from the Mailbag Committee: Kirstie Alley; Susan Sarandon; Phyllis George; Belinda Carlisle; Carrie Fisher; Charlene Tilton; Mary Tyler Moore; Tyra Banks; Marianne Faithfull; Melanie Griffith; Delta Burke; Deborah Norville; Teri Garr; Cher; Brenda Vaccaro; Angie Dickinson; Brigitte Nielsen; Valerie Bertinelli WRONG; Lindsay Lohan (the youngest example ever); Ann Wilson; Elizabeth Taylor; Ann-Margret; Debbie Harry; Whitney Houston; and, of course, Jim Lampley.
Candice Berman, Sheri Lewis, Bette Davis (may be in running for youngest ever), Lauren Bacall, and of course Morley Safer and Andy Rooney.

Are you saying Valerie Bertinelli never was good looking or that she's still good looking?

I always thought Valerie Bertinelli was good looking...right up to the moment I saw her and Eddie Van Halen on the cover of some magazine and couldn't tell them apart. :doh:

I always thought Valerie Bertinelli was good looking...right up to the moment I saw her and Eddie Van Halen on the cover of some magazine and couldn't tell them apart. :doh:

LOL! I saw VB on TV the other day and turned to my wife and said "you know how they say spouses end up looking like eachother? Well she still looks like Eddie!"

Damn...why do they have to eat so much?

Obviously she looked great in 'Body Heat' and the 'Romancing the Stone' series - I also thought KT was pretty hot in one of my favorite flicks...