Amusing Poz quote

eSJayDee

If you don't count the two times I cheated on my girlfriend, I've been a great boyfriend.

Also, could we get a math tutor in here for Poz? 60+71 = 131. That is not "the vast majority" of 318.

Because I'm sure he had the numbers in front of him.

“We were upset with the amount of rushing yards they had, but the vast majority was on just two plays,” said Paul Posluszny.

Typical Jauron coached player full of excuses and low on expectations

If we had Poz and Kiawaka on the outside LB positions and got a big/tough MLB in draft I would be ok with next year at this position. Keith could be a backup/4th LB in case of injuries as we are undersized here I think right now. Poz is too small and seems injury prone yet seems real fast and could do the OLB position as he is goo din coverage.

Not sure where that quote is from. Here's how Chuck Pollock wrote it:

... But Posluszny was realistic about the 16-13 victory.

"We didn't play perfect by any means," he said. "There were a lot of rushing yards we left out there and would like to have back, but what it came down to was that we made the plays we needed to win the game."

Of course he didn't know how many yards were surrendered, and when told the total was 318, Poz was stunned.

"That might be a first," he said incredulously of winning despite that statistic. "We won the game, but we've got to correct that. We can't continue to do that and expect to win games. We're going to have to take a hard look at that because 300 yards rushing ... the vast majority was on their two big plays where we didn't play our gaps.

"We made the big plays, but stopping the run, that's basic football. We were upset with the amount of rushing yards they had."

(I'll add the link when they put it online.)

Sounds a little different in context, no?

Fabio is highly overrated. Aside from QB, the weakest position on the Bills is clearly linebacker. The entire linebacking core needs to be flipped in lieu of real linebackers, that actually hit, foam at the mouth, create havoc, and have bad intentions.

Yeah. Eliminate those 2 carries & you only let up about 180 yds and 5 yds per carry. :unsure:

This is probably exactly what you get when you play for a "coddling" coaching staff. Instead of looking at things and really finding out what went wrong, you get this crap. Wonder what Rex Ryan, Tony Sparano or Bill Belicheck would have told the Bills regarding their run defense yesterday? I bet none of the Bills would have said what Poz said.

This whole organization lacks accountability. What a mess.

Not sure where that quote is from. Here's how Chuck Pollock wrote it:

(I'll add the link when they put it online.)

Sounds a little different in context, no?

It kinda does, but if he truly still said the vast majority was on their two run plays, then no, it sounds just as dumb. I couldn't tell if that was actually added by the writer or Poz, because there are no quotes to end that sentence!

If we had Poz and Kiawaka on the outside LB positions and got a big/tough MLB in draft I would be ok with next year at this position. Keith could be a backup/4th LB in case of injuries as we are undersized here I think right now. Poz is too small and seems injury prone yet seems real fast and could do the OLB position as he is goo din coverage.

Agree. :unsure:

It kinda does, but if he truly still said the vast majority was on their two run plays, then no, it sounds just as dumb. I couldn't tell if that was actually added by the writer or Poz, because there are no quotes to end that sentence!

Copy-editing 101: When a quote continues into the following paragraph, no closing quotation mark is used at the end of the first one. Everything from "We won the game, but ..." to the end of the excerpt is Posluszny's direct quote.

I might also note that while Chuck told him the total, PP may not have known the yardage of Jones' two long runs. (I'm assuming Chuck's the one who told him, because he always makes sure he has any significant stats before he leaves the press box. That's a habit I've tried to learn from him, the few times we've covered the same game.)

Copy-editing 101: When a quote continues into the following paragraph, no closing quotation mark is used at the end of the first one. Everything from "We won the game, but ..." to the end of the excerpt is Posluszny's direct quote.

I might also note that while Chuck told him the total, PP may not have known the yardage of Jones' two long runs. (I'm assuming Chuck's the one who told him, because he always makes sure he has any significant stats before he leaves the press box. That's a habit I've tried to learn from him, the few times we've covered the same game.)

I hear ya on the copy editing 101 thing, but then why would the following paragraph start with quotation marks again? Doesn't seem to make sense. Nonetheless, I understand now. :unsure:

I love how you guys blame Jauron for something a player says.

I do because that's the typical excuse type crap that is usually fed to players from your typical "player friendly" coaches. Typical indicator. It's funny how Sirius radio was reporting on their training camp previews that, by far, the Bills and the Redskins had the least intense camps out there.

Go figure.....Jim Zorn and Dick Jauron. Poz should have just said, they got their arses shoved down their throats and it needs fixed in a hurry. How do you think Ray Lewis would have handled that question?

I hear ya on the copy editing 101 thing, but then why would the following paragraph start with quotation marks again? Doesn't seem to make sense. Nonetheless, I understand now. :unsure:

Essentially reminding the reader that the quote continues, and obviating the need for repetitive attribution. (In English, not having to type "'blah blah blah,' he said" for every paragraph of a long quote.)

And I don't think Poz was trying to softpedal anything, or blow it off as "oh well, other than those two plays ..."

Go back to his first reaction to the number 318: "We won the game, but we've got to correct that. We can't continue to do that and expect to win games." He didn't mention the two long runs until after that.

JMO.

Essentially reminding the reader that the quote continues, and obviating the need for repetitive attribution. (In English, not having to type "'blah blah blah,' he said" for every paragraph of a long quote.)

And I don't think Poz was trying to softpedal anything, or blow it off as "oh well, other than those two plays ..."

Go back to his first reaction to the number 318: "We won the game, but we've got to correct that. We can't continue to do that and expect to win games." He didn't mention the two long runs until after that.

JMO.

Come on Lori, stop it with the facts..... People have an agenda and you are killing it! :unsure:

Come on Lori, stop it with the facts..... People have an agenda and you are killing it! :unsure:

Remember, though, what I cited wasn't the quote from the original post. I'll have to see if I can find that one.

Okay, here we are:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/10/19/r...-a-near-record/

“We were upset with the amount of rushing yards they had, but the vast majority was on just two plays,” said Paul Posluszny. ”On both of those plays we knew we just made mistakes. We got out of our gaps and we knew it was something we could easily correct. When Perry came in at halftime he said all we had to do was not panic, stick with our game plan and stick with everything we know and it worked out for us.”

Similar, but not exact. Wondering if Brown joined the conversation during his answer.

What's wrong with looking for a team leader that would have answered that question with a little more anger.

Again, I ask you this......Do you think Ray Lewis would have answered the question the way Poz did?

And I'm with Lori on this.....I know, from being a Penn State fan alone that Poz really cares about his team and his personal game, but my god, if the players aren't taking after their deadbeat coach, I don't know who is.

Would it actually hurt for someone on this team to show some anger, self confidence, and cockiness? This team has ZERO swagger....you know....the way most losing teams do.

In other words, they are an exact image of their head coach.

When emotion is high, sense is low.

Yup. I hate to keep droning on about my own experiences, but ...

Last week, a couple of kids put up some pretty impressive stats in the game I covered. One was the coach's son, who ran for a buck-eighty ... and said coach, who's a decent quote and no simpleton, didn't have a CLUE he had anywhere near that many yards. Doubt PP had a chance to check the box score before the postgame interviews.

Yup. I hate to keep droning on about my own experiences, but ...

Last week, a couple of kids put up some pretty impressive stats in the game I covered. One was the coach's son, who ran for a buck-eighty ... and said coach, who's a decent quote and no simpleton, didn't have a CLUE he had anywhere near that many yards. Doubt PP had a chance to check the box score before the postgame interviews.

So, you guys don't think that you can tell you are getting pushed around on the football field all game, even to the tune of 5 yards per carry? You most definately can. I'm sure he didn't know how many yards they gave up, but you can tell you are getting beat at the point of attack. He knew they weren't stopping the run. And, if anything, they should pride themselves on not giving up any big plays, which alone should have made him a bit testy.

Poz is young, and the way writers hang and try to make a story out of nothing makes a lot of people not say anything anymore. But come on, get pissed off once in while that you sucked. It would be refreshing. But I also understand that this is why all we now usually get anymore is the standard....."well, I'll have to look at the tape". Blah blah blah blah blah.

So, you guys don't think that you can tell you are getting pushed around on the football field all game, even to the tune of 5 yards per carry? You most definately can. I'm sure he didn't know how many yards they gave up, but you can tell you are getting beat at the point of attack. He knew they weren't stopping the run. And, if anything, they should pride themselves on not giving up any big plays, which alone should have made him a bit testy.

Poz is young, and the way writers hang and try to make a story out of nothing makes a lot of people not say anything anymore. But come on, get pissed off once in while that you sucked. It would be refreshing. But I also understand that this is why all we now usually get anymore is the standard....."well, I'll have to look at the tape". Blah blah blah blah blah.

Not sure how you can accurately judge his demeanor from his quotes; for all we know, where Chuck typed "incredulously," he might have said those few sentences in a "you gotta be bleepin' kidding me" tone. Or not.

FWIW, Chuck's story is now online:

http://www.oleantimesherald.com/articles/2...84794533525.txt

What's wrong with looking for a team leader that would have answered that question with a little more anger.

Again, I ask you this......Do you think Ray Lewis would have answered the question the way Poz did?

And I'm with Lori on this.....I know, from being a Penn State fan alone that Poz really cares about his team and his personal game, but my god, if the players aren't taking after their deadbeat coach, I don't know who is.

Would it actually hurt for someone on this team to show some anger, self confidence, and cockiness? This team has ZERO swagger....you know....the way most losing teams do.

In other words, they are an exact image of their head coach.

He had came back in about a month from his 2nd broken arm, won a hard fought game, and had an INT to set up the winning score. Additionally, we have 2 healthy DTs, lost a starting LB, and our best 2 run support safties. I really have no idea what your possible beef with Poz is.