Ironically, the thing which helped Fitz most...

was that he threw the ball so badly at least 3 times that NYJ players who seemed well positioned to get INTs were unable to make the play.

He looked better than Edwards did in his horrendous performance against the Browns, but then being better than squat can still be only slightly better squat.

Maybe so, but the toss to Evans that was overturned was deep(ish) and exactly where it needed to be. I don't see TE even attempting that throw, much less making one that good.

he may not have had good numbers but he did a few things that edwards hasn't/can't do:

He made a throw to lee on a comeback to the sidelines.

He threw the slant

He has some solid pocket awareness and was able to move around a bit while still keeping his eyes downfield

Granted it was a poor performance overall, i think he showed confidence in not only himself but his teammates.

Maybe so, but the toss to Evans that was overturned was deep(ish) and exactly where it needed to be. I don't see TE even attempting that throw, much less making one that good.

Um, not really. That was a great adjustment by Evans. Not a perfectly thrown ball by any means. Even the slant TD to Evans was a little behind him. And don't forget that horrible throw to Nelson, where he made a great play reaching around the defender. Fitzpatrick is a pretty bad QB. The Bills have some great receiving weapons. Would love to see how they would do with a guy like Brees, Manning, Warner, etc...

Edwards would have been off by a good five yards on that throw. I also doubt he would have hit Evans on the slant he scored on.

Fitz's throws, otherwise, tended to be cover-your-eyes bad.

Um, not really. That was a great adjustment by Evans. Not a perfectly thrown ball by any means. Even the slant TD to Evans was a little behind him. And don't forget that horrible throw to Nelson, where he made a great play reaching around the defender. Fitzpatrick is a pretty bad QB. The Bills have some great receiving weapons. Would love to see how they would do with a guy like Brees, Manning, Warner, etc...

I'd love to see Owens play with Peyton in Indianappolis. He would be perfect with a guy that can be so accurate as Manning. He looks to me like he is controlling hinmslef and behaving despite playing with a pop warner type offense.

Nah, that's the only non-short throw that Trentative is willing to make -- long pass down the sideline, usually so close to being out of bounds that the received goes out right as he catches it.

I'd love to see Owens play with Peyton in Indianappolis. He would be perfect with a guy that can be so accurate as Manning. He looks to me like he is controlling hinmslef and behaving despite playing with a pop warner type offense.

I'd rather see Peyton play with Owens in Buffalo.

Edwards would have been off by a good five yards on that throw. I also doubt he would have hit Evans on the slant he scored on.

Sanchez's also. CBS left the TEN@NE* national feed for this game, so I saw most of the 2nd half. Commentator Fouts mentioned the winds' effects, several times. Including the late 4th qtr. miss by Lindell - Fouts talked about winds swirling and bouncing back from a scoreboard at that stadium.

Odd season - Anderson's 2 completions, TEN's Collins with two, Sanchez with his few.

Which amazingly enough were more entertaining than Trent's checkdowns.

he may not have had good numbers but he did a few things that edwards hasn't/can't do:

He made a throw to lee on a comeback to the sidelines.

He threw the slant

He has some solid pocket awareness and was able to move around a bit while still keeping his eyes downfield

Granted it was a poor performance overall, i think he showed confidence in not only himself but his teammates.

Edwards threw a slant to Evans on the Bills first drive yesterday.

heh. his throws were so bad on those three plays that the Jet defenders couldn't make a play. If he'd have thrown good passes, all three of those easily would have been picked.

I suppose he could have been throwing it where only the WR could get to it but the coverage was so good, that meant that no one could get there. Hey, I'm an optimist. We won a game on the road with Ryan Fitzpatrick at the helm so I just can't muster up to much criticism.

was that he threw the ball so badly at least 3 times that NYJ players who seemed well positioned to get INTs were unable to make the play.

He looked better than Edwards did in his horrendous performance against the Browns, but then being better than squat can still be only slightly better squat.

The wind was brutal, balls were floating all over the place. Tough for everyone, even tough to understand the ref giving the penalty explanations. I hope Fitz gets the start next week. I don't think he's great, but he may run this offense better than TE, I'll reserve judgement until I see him play in better weather conditions though. I thought he did pretty good in the wind yesterday.