Parrish is “finished” in Buffalo

bills_red

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/...hed-in-buffalo/

I spoke to someone knowledgeably close to the organization and the Bills are looking to cut ties with disgruntled wide receiver/kick returner Roscoe Parrish, and a move will be coming by the middle of the week at the latest. I’m told the team has absolutely no plans to trade Owens.

But I’m told that Parrish is “finished” as a Buffalo Bill.

The NFL trade deadline is Tuesday afternoon. The Bills are frantically trying to accommodate a deal to move Parrish. The reported rumors of getting a third or fourth round draft pick are highly unlikely. The entire league knows the Bills are trying to move him. At this point the Bills will take anything they can get for the disgruntled five-year veteran. A sixth rounder is more feasible.

MORE ON LINK

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he only has himself to blame. I actually wanted him back for ST purposes. But he stunk there. Cost the Bills one game and changed the momentum of the Saints game with his fumble. Get what you can and move on. The Bills will have more 6 round picks then any team in the league next year.

I did like the message it sent to the rest of the guys. Play or sit out. The game move son with out you. makeing stupid no thinking mistakes will not be tolarated. Jauron actually showed a little backbone, jeez.

The fact that Parrish was declared inactive in yesterday's game spoke volumes. With James Hardy scheduled to return to practice on Wednesday, Parrish is the odd man out.

Now Steve Johnson will get an opportunity.

Steve Johnson is Reed's replacement. Hardy coming back will only assure Johnson sits on the bench. I hope either TO or Reed are sent out of here. We need Hardy and Johnson playing to see what we have for next year. We are not gong to win more than 4-5 more games if that anyway.

Well he only has himself to blame. I actually wanted him back for ST purposes. But he stunk there. Cost the Bills one game and changed the momentum of the Saints game with his fumble. Get what you can and move on. The Bills will have more 6 round picks then any team in the league next year.

I did like the message it sent to the rest of the guys. Play or sit out. The game move son with out you. makeing stupid no thinking mistakes will not be tolarated. Jauron actually showed a little backbone, jeez.

Then add a pick for inticement and see what's available at LB. Merriman?? I read where SD is listening to offers, though Sproles is their returner.

We're desparate for LB's, Imo.

Steve Johnson is Reed's replacement. Hardy coming back will only assure Johnson hits on the bench. I hope either TO or Reed are sent out of here. We need Hardy and Johnson playing to see what we have for next year. We are not gong to win more than 4-5 more games if that anyway.

What possible good would it do the Bills to get rid of TO or Reed? TO is still a very good receiver and Reed is probably the most accurate receiver on the team.

Hardy & Johnson could very well be the Bills' future, but that time is definitely not now.

I said this a long time ago, and I got lambasted by some, Roscoe is expendable. He is a below average WR, and a terrific PR, but we already have another good punt returner and we have 4 wr's that are better. Hopefully we can get a 5th rounder, but with the deadline looming, we probably could only get a 6th, unless there are teams bidding on him.

I've always thought Parrish was a lot like Max Afinagenov. Really flashy makes some plays but at the end of the day a player that has never lived up to their ability. Say what you want about the coaching staff not using players the right way but I don't think I have ever heard about any Bills QBs/WRs working in the offseason, before or after practice like you hear with the Mannings or Brady. Perhaps that is the reason none of these players live up to thier ability.

please explain, what is an "accurate" receiver?

What possible good would it do the Bills to get rid of TO or Reed? TO is still a very good receiver and Reed is probably the most accurate receiver on the team.

Hardy & Johnson could very well be the Bills' future, but that time is definitely not now.

Twenty to 1 says that Parrish is released, the Pats pick him up, and he makes a decent career out of it ala Welker.

Mind-boggling how this team hasn't been able to use him.

Lol. Parrish = Welker? That's one of the silliest and most baseless comparisons I have seen here and there have been many.

Parrish = Dante Hall = doesn't make much of an impact anymore.

Twenty to 1 says that Parrish is released, the Pats pick him up, and he makes a decent career out of it ala Welker.

The Patriots already have Julian Edelman. They have no need for a backward running, fumbling PR.

The fact that Parrish was declared inactive in yesterday's game spoke volumes. With James Hardy scheduled to return to practice on Wednesday, Parrish is the odd man out.

Now Steve Johnson will get an opportunity.

First thing I thought of when he was announced is inactive was a possible trade announcement later in the day. But I guess that was pretty obvious. They have until 4pm tomorrow to work out a trade...

Roscoe is still a top five PR in this league (I like to think), and with McKelvin out we don't have anyone to replace him. But he's been irrelevant this year. He is not a kick returner. Or maybe he's just getting too old to do it anymore, as he hasn't really been effective this year in returning kicks OR punts. I'd hate to see him go for something as low as a sixth, but if you can get him out of the division and get a fourth or better for him and clear space for Hardy than you might as well pull the trigger on it. I just don't want to hear that Fred Jackson is going to handle the return duties from now on. He's 28-years old and plays the position with the shortest shelf life for crying out loud.

I've always liked Roscoe for his effort and ability, but let's face it. He is too small to be a slot receiver or a kickoff return man. I've seen too many games where he gets the ball then gets crushed by a DB or LB. He has ridiculous speed, which is his greatest attribute, but he is not strong enough. Once a defender gets his hands on him, he's down. We do have other guys that can fill his role on special teams. Next year, Leodis will take his role in returns and shows a lot of promise (despite the fumble during week 1).

I really like Steve Johnson. People really don't pa attention to him because he is buried on the depth chart. He is a big guy and has great hands. Look back to the '08 season. His stats weren't good simply because of his playing time - remember he's was a 7th round rookie. But he made plays when he got in the game and did what he needed to when called upon. He knows how to use his bigger frame to get in good position to make the catch.

Besides both of them being diminutive WR's they have nothing in common. Welker always knows where the marker is, is an elite route runner, and has great hands while Parrish may be the most situation-unaware player I've ever seen. A better comparison is Dante Hall, another returner who disappeared just as quickly as he arrived.