Should Edwards retire?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been a lot of stuff in the news about lingering brain damage in NFL players, not just the ones who get concussions. Trent's brain is going to turn to tapioca if he gets his bell rung again.

PTR

Oh, I agree. I'm actually quite serious. He's the type of person who can succeed in life outside of football.

Just finished saying this in another thread but yes, for his own health its time for him to retire. He's still affected from last years concussion imo, though I'm not a doctor. Now this.

On a side note hope the bills send the film of the late hit on him to the league office

Just finished saying this in another thread but yes, for his own health its time for him to retire. He's still affected from last years concussion imo, though I'm not a doctor. Now this.

On a side note hope the bills send the film of the late hit on him to the league office

It is *outrageous* that that wasn't a penalty. Really. Pace is a dirty, dirty player. He's one guy I wouldn't mind seeing getting a cheap shot at the Rogers Center in a few weeks.

It is *outrageous* that that wasn't a penalty. Really. Pace is a dirty, dirty player. He's one guy I wouldn't mind seeing getting a cheap shot at the Rogers Center in a few weeks.

Totally agree.

It also pisses me off when I read some of the bashers call Trent a wimp even though he puts himself in harm's way trying to make plays for our team.

This is a good question, and as others have noted, Edwards does not seem all that interested in football beyond it being something he's relatively good at. Does anyone know what his contract #s were like? He's probably done ok for himself.

Totally agree.

It also pisses me off when I read some of the bashers call Trent a wimp even though he puts himself in harm's way trying to make plays for our team.

I'd never call him a wimp. I actually wish he'd learn to slide on his runs, he takes a lot of unnecessary hits.

I really do think he should retire for his own health. He's a nice guy, and can truthfully say "I was a decent NFL QB for a while". The hits seem to have taken a toll on him, and he isn't the same player he was a while ago. Whether he's gotten timid, or the concussions have effected his decision making abilities, we don't know. It's up to the doctors and Trent.

no you should. we ahve no difinative answer abouty his injury and you have him retiring. go the fu-- away!

Take a look at the record of concussions. We do have a definitive answer, actually - he did suffer a concussion today, and he had a bad one a year ago. Btw, why swear? What's the point?

Totally agree.

He'll take some chances which I respect in the way of personal injury. But he's more a wimp because he can't take the punishment not so much because he is afraid of the hit.