Jairus Byrd

bills_red

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to go up against the Pats and the Saints of the NFL you better be able to shut down the pass,

The Buffalo Bills rank 4th in the National Football League in Pass defense( despite injuries) and the main reason why we have been in every ball game.

Nice spin.

They have a "good" pass defense because they have the worst run defense in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...mp;d-447263-n=1

I see the same thing - mainly in chasing down runners who have broken free.

Agree. He seems out of position a lot and not a great force in run support - yet. But I'll give him the benefit of a doubt, since he missed a good part of OTAs and is still a raw rookie.

Hell, he catches the ball better the Owens - gotta give him props for that alone!

great draft if you substitute the maybin pick for a tackle. Then I would have to agree

but Byrd seems to be very much a ball hawk, now he needs to get better vs the run

Didn't see the whole game but just looked at the NFL.com highlights. Byrd's looking BAD on every long run the Jets had. Great job in coverage, but the run support has to get way better if he's to get beyond "good potential"

Didn't see the whole game but just looked at the NFL.com highlights. Byrd's looking BAD on every long run the Jets had. Great job in coverage, but the run support has to get way better if he's to get beyond "good potential"

well the LB got killed on those plays too buddy.

George Wilson continues to impress. 7 solo tackles, in on 11 total and he did not start. Byrd has some good hands.

Am I sold on Wilson as a quality starter at SS at this point? No. But I love the guy. Love his attittude. Love his interviews. Most of all love his athleticism. The way he reverted to WR on his pick was beatiful. Just a great catch.

GO BILLS!!!

As an aside - to all you Jim Leonhard fans - do you envision any way he makes the INT that Wilson came down with?

Yeah, you gotta love the people who whine about letting JL go. I like the guy but Wilson was a better player then and he is now. JL is JAG. Wilson just always seems to make plays and I love the energy he plays with. He was the one guy who played hard the whole game in Miami.

Agree. He seems out of position a lot and not a great force in run support - yet. But I'll give him the benefit of a doubt, since he missed a good part of OTAs and is still a raw rookie.

Hell, he catches the ball better the Owens - gotta give him props for that alone!

His ball hawking skills and the ability to create all important turnovers seem to be ahead of his run support skills. Sure, he has made some mistakes in run support but so have all of our linebackers whose primary job it is to stuff the run holes. The guy is a rookie that is showing promise. Please lets consider this when determining the standards by which we measure him.

I have also seen him make some good plays in the run as well as his mistakes.

Man I wouldn't say that. People the guys is playing FREE safety. He is absolutely the last guy that should be stopping runners. Ask yourself what kind of job our front 4 and LBs did to allow a runner to get the third level with that kind of speed built up? I think Jones made one cut on each of those long runs and he was GONE!!!!

The ONLY guy that looked good on those runs was McGee who has ridiculous speed and caught up to the jets fast runners.

anybody with anything negative to say about bryd should leave this forum now. the kid missed OTA's and had a sports hernia. Altho he isnt perfect in run support, thats something that will come in time thru experience and time in the system. He did absolutlely flatten Lewis last week, so the kid can hit. A free safety isn't counted on as much as a SS for run support. Bryd flaps his wings and makes plays. His instincts are not something u can teach. His first pick i don't think donte would have made. (deffenently not the glad-he's-gone Simpson). Right place, right time, great awareness. His second pick was perfect timing to leap up there and snatch the ball outta the air. I was pissed at first when Corner took Byrds 3rd pick away, but the team is more important than the individual. The kid is here to play and will only get better. In a couple years he will be mentioned in the same breath as Ed Reed.

anybody with anything negative to say about bryd should leave this forum now. the kid missed OTA's and had a sports hernia. Altho he isnt perfect in run support, thats something that will come in time thru experience and time in the system. He did absolutlely flatten Lewis last week, so the kid can hit. A free safety isn't counted on as much as a SS for run support. Bryd flaps his wings and makes plays. His instincts are not something u can teach. His first pick i don't think donte would have made. (deffenently not the glad-he's-gone Simpson). Right place, right time, great awareness. His second pick was perfect timing to leap up there and snatch the ball outta the air. I was pissed at first when Corner took Byrds 3rd pick away, but the team is more important than the individual. The kid is here to play and will only get better. In a couple years he will be mentioned in the same breath as Ed Reed.

BOLD statement. Lets not get ahead of ourselves but so far damn good for a rook that graduated late missing OTAs and I believe some of training camp due to that sports hernia.

Guest dog14787
Nice spin.

They have a "good" pass defense because they have the worst run defense in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...mp;d-447263-n=1

Did you watch Peyton beat the Fish? Allot of good running the ball up and down the field and winning the time of possession did in that game. Meanwhile Peyton Manning throws for another victory in one of the most lopsided games as far as time of possession goes in the history of the NFL.

Players like Jairus "the bird man" Byrd grounds high scoring passing attacks and helps win ball games.

Did you watch Peyton beat the Fish? Allot of good running the ball up and down the field and winning the time of possession did in that game. Meanwhile Peyton Manning throws for another victory in one of the most lopsided games as far as time of possession goes in the history of the NFL.

Players like Jairus "the bird man" Byrd grounds high scoring passing attacks and helps win ball games.

lmao...you hated the pick when we got him...

Like most people when it came to the draft in April, I was scratching my head when I saw our 2nd round pick was a safety. I was thinking, we lost a few players on the O-line, why aren't we drafting more O-line players? But, after seeing Byrd in action the last 3 games, I can't help but to be amazed with this kid, especially with the fact he missed time in camp with a hernia. It looks like our first 3 picks of the 09 draft are going to be home runs.