Welcome to Obama's Amerika...

My problem with this is:

1. Let's assume this lady is the worst sort of Communist dirtbag there is(just to make my argument)

2. That is something that you want to avoid "getting out", especially when you work for the government

3. Invoking Mao, but trying to say that it's Ok, because you merely respect his philosophical abilities = Invoking Hitler, and saying the same...to all rational people

....unless of course you are trying to tell us that we should only deal with historical figures in bite-size portions :bag: , and that the context of their words and actions is irrelevant, as long as they say one thing that makes sense(cough DC_Tom, cough). :doh: While we are at it, let's say that PT Barnum is a good guy to invoke when we are talking about true success in business, because, he did show some business acumen, and didn't rip his customers off...all of the time.

4. This lady works for an administration that is currently engaged in trying to deploy a massive government program that would astound FDR in terms of it's scope and cost.

5. Talking about 3 and 4, at the same time, AND ignoring 2 such that 1 becomes a potentially fair assessment of this lady, is almost definitely gonna get you burned by everybody, to include this board. It's like touching a hot oven.

So, if we can accept 1-5, then, wtf is she doing invoking Mao...in any context...ever? This action, by any definition, is stupidity. So how did we get to stupidity? Either:

1. She is just plain stupid

or

2. She has 0 fear of the public, and figures she can say whatever she wants, because it won't matter to us proles anyway, since we are all so in love with her boss anyway.

or

3. Both

I'd love to know what other conclusions you guys think we should draw about this. Right now I do not understand why anyone would be defending an obviously stupid, or oblivious, or both, move...especially on this board.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The communist thing..I'd say one or two advisors would be somewhat ok...but I see a pattern developing...and it's not good. The best thing is Americans are starting to wake up to this assclown (Obama) and his views...IMHO...The republicans make major gains in 2010...2012 he's gone.

Right, so in your world it's ok to tell an Adolf Hitler "anecdote" and quote him to a group of high school students even though you don't agree with his horrific killings of millions of people?

Uh, yes. Obviously not in your PC world. I have no problem with talking about Hilter and Mao... We all know what Hitler did. We all know what Mao did with his Great Leap Forward.

Uh, yes. Obviously not in your PC world. I have no problem with talking about Hilter and Mao... We all know what Hitler did. We all know what Mao did with his Great Leap Forward.

Yes Hilter killed a lot of people and led his country to amazing economic success,

while,

Mao killed a lot of people and led his country to abysmal economic failure.

And both ultimately left their respective countries worse off than when they came to power. Meanwhile the US just kept getting better.

Gotta hate those facts and historical realities...really mess up a loony argument.

Obama receives positive coverage from ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, Comedy Central, CNN, and MSNBC.

The Obama administration attacking Fox News is petty and childish. Thank god for Fox News to offer a balance. I say the same about MSNBC and Bush, you need to have the media keeping the gov't honest.

And the networks need to be careful how they cover this, next Republican president could do the same to them.

Right, so in your world it's ok to tell an Adolf Hitler "anecdote" and quote him to a group of high school students even though you don't agree with his horrific killings of millions of people?

Let's turn that argument around. Adolf Hitler said "The church is certainly necessary for the people. It is a strong and conservative element." Do you disagree with that statement now, because Hitler was a genocidal murderer?

The communist thing..I'd say one or two advisors would be somewhat ok...but I see a pattern developing...and it's not good. The best thing is Americans are starting to wake up to this assclown (Obama) and his views...IMHO...The republicans make major gains in 2010...2012 he's gone.

The far left wackos that Obama has appointed is what concerns me the most. These aren't mainstream people, people!

I don't like Glen Beck, but lately I've watched his program and developed a respect for him. He is pissing the administration off, and for that I give him credit.

"Lies cost the talk-show host a shot at NFL ownership; a White House honcho praises a murderer of millions to schoolkids."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/mao-mil...75-saying-dream

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/10/15/anita...ao-cheerleader/

Also, a major Obama funder linked to libelous and defamatory Wikipedia posts targeting his biggest detractors...

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/1...ikipedia_l.html

"The law firm linked to reports of an IP address associated with misleading and defamatory attacks on Rush Limbaugh was a major source of campaign funds for Barack Obama.

FEC records* indicate that individuals associated with Patterson, Belknap, Webb & Tyler, LLC donated almost $100,000 to Obama's 2008 campaign. Over the last ten years people associated with the firm donated another $80,000 dollars to the Democratic Party and thousands more to Democrats across the country, literally, from Oregon to Florida. Thousands more went to such radical left organizations as Emily's List and MoveOn.org."

You seriously need your head examined if you trust Obama and his commie lovin' administration officials to take control over your health care.

Guilt by association?! Sounds like the same old McCarthyism to me...

Oooooo, you SCARE me... the boogeyman is going to "take control of my health care"!!! I'm so scaaared, like a little rabbit in the woods... ROFL

Wow, if that's "Commie" then I'll be damned if I'm going to let fascists try and scare me from health care reform so their buddies in the insurance lobby and the drug manufacturer lobby and the medical supply lobby continue to eat from the trough. Don't worry, for every little angry actor you send to town hall meetings and every little "death panel" reference there will be an actual person who is majorly affected by not having health care coverage, you know, a REAL victim.

You're already specific enough...you're just an idiot. Telling a single anecdote about someone is not demonstrating an affinity for the entirety of that person's life. The inability to see the difference is the mark of a shallow-minded extremist incapable of any real understanding of...anything, really.

And don't B word about the "holier than thou" attitude you presume I have. Have you read any of your posts recently? :bag:

I think that what he said was horrible, and he should be fired. It was a terrible comparison, and in bad taste.

HOWEVER, do you all have the guts to say what Rush has said that he ADMITTED to saying was dispicable and racist?

Hmmm.. I don't see that ever happening. Hypocrisy lives, or not???

I think that what he said was horrible, and he should be fired. It was a terrible comparison, and in bad taste.

HOWEVER, do you all have the guts to say what Rush has said that he ADMITTED to saying was dispicable and racist?

Hmmm.. I don't see that ever happening. Hypocrisy lives, or not???

Most of what Rush has admitted to saying, I don't think is racist.

I wouldn't go with "dispicable" [sic] either...just because he really doesn't evoke a strong reaction with me either way. At most, I'd say "obnoxious".

And let it go. Your post was a ridiculous non-sequiter.

Most of what Rush has admitted to saying, I don't think is racist.

I wouldn't go with "dispicable" [sic] either...just because he really doesn't evoke a strong reaction with me either way. At most, I'd say "obnoxious".

And let it go. Your post was a ridiculous non-sequiter.

It was a total mind fart on my part... I hate it when I do that... I knew how to spell it... grrr..!! LOL

By the way, my post was not a non sequiter [sic] :doh: Prove it was a non sequitur. :bag: ROFL

It was a total mind fart on my part... I hate it when I do that... I knew how to spell it... grrr..!! LOL

The only reason that I quoted and "[sic]"'d it was because I was too lazy to try to spell it myself. :bag:

By the way, my post was not a non sequiter [sic] :lol: Prove it was a non sequitur. :doh: ROFL

I can't, because believing it's a non-sequiter is irrational, like believing in Zeus or the easter bunny...

The only reason that I quoted and "[sic]"'d it was because I was too lazy to try to spell it myself. :D

I can't, because believing it's a non-sequiter is irrational, like believing in Zeus or the easter bunny...

Now that was fun!!! :P

I find it difficult sometimes to avoid PPP... I have this nasty habit of letting my emotions over a subject bleed into my reasoning like a hemorrhage, and so I must self-medicate by staying away :unsure:

Now that was fun!!! :D

I find it difficult sometimes to avoid PPP... I have this nasty habit of letting my emotions over a subject bleed into my reasoning like a hemorrhage, and so I must self-medicate by staying away :unsure:

It is incumbent upon me, as a dedicated cynic and professional !@#$, to respond "What reasoning?"

Let's turn that argument around. Adolf Hitler said "The church is certainly necessary for the people. It is a strong and conservative element." Do you disagree with that statement now, because Hitler was a genocidal murderer?

The reason I think she's vile is because she was quoting a communist dictator who slaughtered millions of innocent people. It was the act of not only doing it but doing it in front of high school students. It wasn't what was in the quote itself that was ever at issue here.

Let me ask you this question. Imagine it's three years ago and a video is found of Bush's communications director Nicolle Wallace favorably quoting the founder of the Klu Klux Klan in front of high school students. The MSM becomes aware of this video. What do you think happens to her????

I'll give you a hint, it would be the polar opposite of this...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/20...-mostly-muzzled

The reason I think she's vile is because she was quoting a communist dictator who slaughtered millions of innocent people. It was the act of not only doing it but doing it in front of high school students. It wasn't what was in the quote itself that was ever at issue here.

Let me ask you this question. Imagine it's three years ago and a video is found of Bush's communications director Nicolle Wallace favorably quoting the founder of the Klu Klux Klan in front of high school students. The MSM becomes aware of this video. What do you think happens to her????

I'll give you a hint, it would be the polar opposite of this...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/20...-mostly-muzzled

But you didn't answer my question...do you believe that the church is necessary for the people, as a strong and conservative element? And if you do, does that mean you also support Nazi genocide?

Edit: by the way, the founder of the KKK, Nathan Bedford Forrest (racist bastard, great general) has been widely quoted, including on the Senate floor ("Get there first with the most.") Recently. By the a Texas Republican, during the Bush administration. You probably didn't know that, because it wasn't widely reported.

You seriously need your head examined if you trust Obama and his commie lovin' administration officials to take control over your health care.

You also need to have your head checked if you want a for-profit agency looking out for your well-being. Face it, nobody cares about the citizens- not the elected officials and not the private sector.

Face it, nobody cares about the citizens- not the elected officials and not the private sector.

Ummmm...the citizens care about the citizens. Which is completely lost on Washington, which is why you keep hearing the rhetoric sound like "This is what my constituents need..." instead of "This is what my constituents want..." because, let's face it, people are just too stupid to take care of themselves and if the government can just take care of everyone, then everyone won't need to take care of themselves. And hey...who doesn't want the government running everything in their life? :unsure:

And to suggest in a broad stroke that all of the private sector doesn't care about the citizens is ridiculous because that is also saying that they don't care about their customers, and when you don't care about your customers, your customers don't care about you and they ultimately find someone else to buy their products from. Assuming, of course, that the citizens aren't hog-tied to state regulations which restrict more competition in the state.

Tough concept, I know...

(Note: I am not defending 1billsfan. I'm disagreeing with your very general statement. Please don't confuse the two.)