The Guy We Should Be Drafting

Wizard

Nebraska is not a great team; however, the one guy that all the college experts has been talking about is a complete beast (Suh, #93). He is a defensive end that also occasionally lines up in the DT spot. This guy is a top 5 pick barring some injury, record, or work ethic issues. He was all over the place! The guy tracked a running back down a few yards after knocking the guy blocking him out of the way.

I know we drafted Maybin with the first pick last year, but Maybin will never be a great player in this league. Suh will. He plays strong run and pass defense. This is the guy we should be drafting if we have a top 5 pick.

Bank it. You heard it hear first. :devil:

I live in Nebraska and watch every Husker game. Ndamukong Suh (said Nah-Da-Muh-Kong). It should be illegal for this guy to be playing this game. He's a monster, a freak, just down right NASTY. But he's the nicest guy in the world and has great character. Very articulate. He's been compared to Reggie White and Warren Sapp. There is no way he doesn't become THAT good. BOOK THAT! He's a definite top 4 pick. If you want him you better pray we suck the whole year. It won't be too hard to do.

I live in Nebraska and watch every Husker game. Ndamukong Suh (said Nah-Da-Muh-Kong). It should be illegal for this guy to be playing this game. He's a monster, a freak, just down right NASTY. But he's the nicest guy in the world and has great character. Very articulate. He's been compared to Reggie White and Warren Sapp. There is no way he doesn't become THAT good. BOOK THAT! He's a definite top 4 pick. If you want him you better pray we suck the whole year.

I think that's pretty much a forgone conclusion. So we're good, right? :devil:

Agreed, Suh is a beast - so is the DT from Oklahoma, Gerald McCoy. Unfortunately for the defensive minded Bills fans, I hate to break it to you, but we will be picking either a QB (Colt McCoy - since Sam Bradford will probably wait to heal and play his senior season) or a LT to help protect the body (but not the fragile psyche) of Trent Edwards - if he's even given a mulligan on this season... Let's hope that we COMPLETELY clean house and find a decent front office with a respectable scouting department!!!

Agreed, Suh is a beast - so is the DT from Oklahoma, Gerald McCoy. Unfortunately for the defensive minded Bills fans, I hate to break it to you, but we will be picking either a QB (Colt McCoy - since Sam Bradford will probably wait to heal and play his senior season) or a LT to help protect the body (but not the fragile psyche) of Trent Edwards - if he's even given a mulligan on this season... Let's hope that we COMPLETELY clean house and find a decent front office with a respectable scouting department!!!

Top 5 pick??? HAHAHA, the guys isn't a day 1 pick. If we pick Colt in the top 5 I will no longer be a Bills fan.

Not saying we should draft him...but i deff dont want Scott starting at SS next year. and Taylor Mays out of USC is a freaking MONSTER

yes DB's are how you win in the NFL whoooohooooooooooooooooooooo

KEEP JAURON KEEP RUSS and all your dreams will ccome true!!!!

Nebraska is not a great team; however, the one guy that all the college experts has been talking about is a complete beast (Suh, #93). He is a defensive end that also occasionally lines up in the DT spot. This guy is a top 5 pick barring some injury, record, or work ethic issues. He was all over the place! The guy tracked a running back down a few yards after knocking the guy blocking him out of the way.

I know we drafted Maybin with the first pick last year, but Maybin will never be a great player in this league. Suh will. He plays strong run and pass defense. This is the guy we should be drafting if we have a top 5 pick.

Suh is a stud, but I have never seen him play DE. IMO he deserves teh Heisman, and will be the consensous #1 prospect.

I agree with Maybin 100% You could see in college he played with no strength or leverage. Our only hope is to go 3-4 and pray he can play rush LB. In that case Suh would look great at 3-4 end. Its halftime of the OK State right now and Okung looks very dominant at LT. I have pretty much focused on watching him and only him, Okung looks like a solid option in the top 5. Okung/Suh/McCoy/a handful of DEs. We should add a top line prospect easily. (Although I said the same thing last year with Smith, Smith, Monroe, Oher, Orakpo, Raji....and we get Maybin? WTF)

I was watching Suh today against Texas Tech, hoping to see what all the hype's about. Maybe just a bad game for the big guy, but he was a non-entity against Leach's offense - then again, that can happen when you're up against...

Mike Leach - Sheffield, Texas Tech upset Nebraska 31-10

The loss comes a day after Pelini finally handed out the Blackshirts, a tradition dating to the 1960s where the defensive starters wear black practice jerseys as a symbol of excellence.

Pelini waited until midseason for the second straight year to unveil the Blackshirts, and nose tackle Ndamukong Suh said Pelini should take them back.

Suh is a stud, but I have never seen him play DE. IMO he deserves teh Heisman, and will be the consensous #1 prospect.

I agree with Maybin 100% You could see in college he played with no strength or leverage. Our only hope is to go 3-4 and pray he can play rush LB. In that case Suh would look great at 3-4 end. Its halftime of the OK State right now and Okung looks very dominant at LT. I have pretty much focused on watching him and only him, Okung looks like a solid option in the top 5. Okung/Suh/McCoy/a handful of DEs. We should add a top line prospect easily. (Although I said the same thing last year with Smith, Smith, Monroe, Oher, Orakpo, Raji....and we get Maybin? WTF)

Keep the faith, you are bound to hit one of these years.

First? This is the fourth or fifth time, at least.

My problem with Suh is that he's physically a twin to Stroud. We need a number 1 technlique DT, a big guy in the 330 pound range. Suh is going to be great, but he plays Stroud's position.

Geezus, if I had a dollar every time someone said "this guy is a beast and will be the next great thing in the NFL" (in so many words) just to see him be marginal to a flat out bust I would probably own the Lakers by now...

Let me know when he does something in the NFL...I mean I can name several guys just in the last 5 years alone that were supposed to be sure things who are now marginal at best or on different teams (riding the bench), struggling to make teams, or out of the NFL all together...

And what is it with the fans that just refuse to give Maybin a chance before they label him a bust...rediculous...

?? Heisman:

No interior lineman on either side of the ball has ever won the award, although the offensive guard Tom Brown of Minnesota and the offensive tackle John Hicks of Ohio State placed second in 1960 and 1973, respectively, and the defensive end Hugh Green of the University of Pittsburgh finished second in 1980. Also, Kurt Burris, a center for the Oklahoma Sooners football team, was also a runner-up for the award in 1954.

Now maybe the Outland Trophy.

?? Heisman:

No interior lineman on either side of the ball has ever won the award, although the offensive guard Tom Brown of Minnesota and the offensive tackle John Hicks of Ohio State placed second in 1960 and 1973, respectively, and the defensive end Hugh Green of the University of Pittsburgh finished second in 1980. Also, Kurt Burris, a center for the Oklahoma Sooners football team, was also a runner-up for the award in 1954.

Now maybe the Outland Trophy.

You missed the "In My Opinion" acronym. I doubt he wins the Heisman, but if I had a vote, I would vote for Suh. This is because I believe he is the best player in the country - which is who the award is supposed to go to.

Geezus, if I had a dollar every time someone said "this guy is a beast and will be the next great thing in the NFL" (in so many words) just to see him be marginal to a flat out bust I would probably own the Lakers by now...

Let me know when he does something in the NFL...I mean I can name several guys just in the last 5 years alone that were supposed to be sure things who are now marginal at best or on different teams (riding the bench), struggling to make teams, or out of the NFL all together...

And what is it with the fans that just refuse to give Maybin a chance before they label him a bust...rediculous...

Why is it rediculous to expect the 11th overal player in the draft to make an impact right away? Other teams picks do it all the time. Both Stafford and Sanchez are playing well, we all know what Ryan and Flacco did last year, but I have to wait 3-4 years to call JP sh*t? Oher has started every game this year and has been solid. Orakpo, who has made a position switch, has 15 tackles and 2.5 sacks to go along with his 5 starts. Yet I cannot be pissed at Maybins 3 tackles and nearly invisble play? Dont tell me to give him time when time and time again there are players who are ready to go that we pass on. No one thought Maybin would be able to produce in his first few years, and by the time he is good his contract will be up and he will be playing elsewhere. We get nothing out of our top picks. Enough projects already draft guys that are NFL ready.

Suh will be #1 or #2 overall, so I doubt that the Bills will have a shot at him. Buffalo had better not take a QB either, unless they want another one to get his butt kicked and lose his confidence behind a poor OL. The pick HAS to be OL. From what I read, the best is OT Russell Okung from OK State. Several preliminary mock drafts have TB taking him, if they finish worse than the Bills, but he would be the guy to target even if Buffalo has to move up a spot or two.

BTW- If the Bills finish so badly that they draft #1 or #2 and Suh is available, they should absolutely take him. Take the best available player in the #1 or #2 spots regardless of position and Suh is the guy.