No more no-huddle? No comment.

Lori

Bills Mum On Talk Of Scuttling No-huddle Offense

JOHN WAWROW, AP Sports Writer

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) ― The Buffalo Bills no-huddle offense has suddenly become the no-comment attack.

If the Bills intend to scuttle running the offense they've used since May, no one was willing to say after practice Thursday as the team prepares to play at the New York Jets this weekend.

A Bills media relations official told reporters to ask only injury-related questions to Dick Jauron, though the coach has often discussed other topics on previous Thursdays. When a reporter asked Jauron about the no-huddle attack, the coach walked away without saying a word.

Bills players also declined to discuss the topic. Receiver Lee Evans said he didn't know. Receiver Josh Reed said he didn't have time to talk because he had to go to the trainer's room. Running back Fred Jackson would only say, "No," when asked if the no-huddle attack was being pushed aside.

Cue crazyDingo's ACor58's hysterical "OMG ... they're...they're...HUDDLING!!!" post from before the Pats game ...

Edit: Apologies, ACor. That was so good, I thought it HAD to be some of Dingo's work. Also, please note that Turk Schonert and Richard Seymour were still employed by their respective teams when this was written ...

The sanitized version:

Makes me think of this

Monday night, September 14th 2009

After a decent return by McKelvin, 1st and 10, ball on the Bills 26

Trent Edwards break from the huddle

Richard Seymour: "Oh crap fellas THEY HUDDLED - THEY :P HUDDLED"

Ty Warren: "HOLY :wallbash: ****!"

Belicheck, on the sidelines, slams off his headset: "I KNEW IT! I :thumbsup: KNEW IT. DAMN YOU JAURON. DAMN YOU!"

Brady, standinging nect to Belicheck: : "We are so..."

Randy Moss, next to Brady: " :thumbsup: ed."

Dick high fives Turk and the Bills proceed to go 3 and out.

1) ACor's post was hilarious!

2) What's the deal with the Bills media relations telling reporters what questions to ask? If that's how they roll, then why have reporters; we'll just wait to see the "news" propaganda on bb.com Pravda.bb.com.

Fixed. How dare those football writers ask questions about, you know, football. I wouldn't have minded if Jauron had declined to answer ANY question about gameplanning with a polite "no comment," but this smacks of "if you don't ask what we want you to ask, we're taking our ball and going home."

My preferred description of that is "bunker mentality."

1) ACor's post was hilarious!

2) What's the deal with the Bills media relations telling reporters what questions to ask? If that's how they roll, then why have reporters; we'll just wait to see the "news" on bb.com.

In regards to #1, yes, that was an awesome post. Especially the high-5 and going 3 and out part.

With regards to #2, it sounds dangerously like the Raiders...meaning, the Bills (like the Raiders) know the wheels have come off the cart, and staff get snippy whenever anyone points out "Hey, did you know this cart ain't got no wheels?"

Fixed. How dare those football writers ask questions about, you know, football. I wouldn't have minded if Jauron had declined to answer ANY question about gameplanning with a polite "no comment," but this smacks of "if you don't ask what we want you to ask, we're taking our ball and going home."

You're not being fair to Pravda.

Is John Herrera from the Raiders advising the Bills PR folks? I think it's funny all the different PR miscues which happened in just the past week.

Is John Herrera from the Raiders advising the Bills PR folks? I think it's funny all the different PR miscues which happened in just the past week.

Nah, Herrera's still in a (no-)class by himself.

Nix that. This retarded "bunker mentality" coming out of OBD began about a year ago at the time of the crash and burn, when the team refused to acknowledge anything about Jauron's contract extension. All this behavior does is wreak of smug arrogance, and it pisses off the fans. Someone with some hardware and rings, like belicheat* and the patsies* can get away with this. But teams that suck, such as us and the mangina-led browns, just look stupid when they behave this way.

I've got a good feeling that things are going to get much worse between the team and the fans/media before this season is over. Especially as the losses pile up.

Nah, Herrera's still in a (no-)class by himself.

JH and the organization he works for are in a class by themselves. The fact they've allegedly got a HC who hit an assistant makes the Bills look minor league.

Nix that. This retarded "bunker mentality" coming out of OBD began about a year ago at the time of the crash and burn, when the team refused to acknowledge anything about Jauron's contract extension. All this behavior does is wreak of smug arrogance, and it pisses off the fans. Someone with some hardware and rings, like belicheat* and the patsies* can get away with this. But teams that suck, such as us and the mangina-led browns, just look stupid when they behave this way.

I've got a good feeling that things are going to get much worse between the team and the fans/media before this season is over. Especially as the losses pile up.

Nine (going on 10) seasons without the playoffs, DJ's mere presence, Toronto, and the owner refusing to talk about the team spells fan discontent. I still say this could get worse than TD's final year in Buffalo.

I agree, their response to controversy has been amateurish. The Ring ceremony last week, questions about no-huddle, Schonert's firing, Jason Peters, et al. It all shows that the Bills are getting desperate to avoid answering all the legitimate questions about what's going on as they crash and burn in 2009.

JH and the organization he works for are in a class by themselves. The fact they've allegedly got a HC who hit an assistant makes the Bills look minor league.

N

come on - not so fast

remember- the Bills are the team where one of their joint offensive coordinators smashed his buddy's head thru a wall.

sounds like a criminal offense to me

Nine (going on 10) seasons without the playoffs, DJ's mere presence, Toronto, and the owner refusing to talk about the team spells fan discontent. I still say this could get worse than TD's final year in Buffalo.

I agree, their response to controversy has been amateurish. The Ring ceremony last week, questions about no-huddle, Schonert's firing, Jason Peters, et al. It all shows that the Bills are getting desperate to avoid answering all the legitimate questions about what's going on as they crash and burn in 2009.

It gets better: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/15/sports/f...all/15jets.html

Regardless, the Bills asked the Jets not to transcribe their conference calls with New York-area reporters. Either the Bills do not want negative quotes taken out of context, or they do not want their futility on record. (The team did not respond to requests for comment.)

“Unfortunately, we’ve run into a lot of issues,” Jauron said.

One hopes that our brethren in the NYC press corps were more than happy to help out their friends up here...