Changing coach not the right thing to do, so says Wilson

Talonz

WILSON

Bills owner Ralph Wilson decided that making a coaching change in the middle of the season was not the right thing to do, at least for now.

"Yesterday was so bad that it's hard to make a decision right now," Wilson said prior to the Monday Quarterback Club luncheon. "I'm not going to make any decisions during the middle of the season right now. At least right now."

During the luncheon, Wilson tried to make light of his team's poor performance.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

WILSON

Bills owner Ralph Wilson decided that making a coaching change in the middle of the season was not the right thing to do, at least for now.

"Yesterday was so bad that it's hard to make a decision right now," Wilson said prior to the Monday Quarterback Club luncheon. "I'm not going to make any decisions during the middle of the season right now. At least right now."

During the luncheon, Wilson tried to make light of his team's poor performance.

Not really that surprising...I mean who is going to take over? The more important change needs to be made at QB

WHAT??????????????

:cry:

I hate the Bills, it makes no sense to love them, right now...at least for now... :wallbash:

Seriously, what else to expect from Wilson? He hasn't made good decisions for the last 20 years, even when he has time to think about them. Who does he turn to for guidance?

What he seems to be saying, to me anyways, is, let's see if the Bills can win one more game before the bye week, which would keep them within the realm of possibly still finishing the acceptable 7-9, with a little wiggle room for a loss or two...no pressure...then, if the Bills don't finish at least 7-9, Ralph will have time to think of a reason why DJ should come back next season...

I hate the Bills, it makes no sense to love them, right now...at least for now... :wallbash:

Seriously, what else to expect from Wilson? He hasn't made good decisions for the last 20 years, even when he has time to think about them. Who does he turn to for guidance?

What he seems to be saying, to me anyways, is, let's see if the Bills can win one more game before the bye week, which would keep them within the realm of possibly still finishing the acceptable 7-9, with a little wiggle room for a loss or two...no pressure...then, if the Bills don't finish at least 7-9, Ralph will have time to think of a reason why DJ should come back next season...

I understand about Dick, but the fact that he "tried to make light of his team's poor performance"...pisses me off....would that be okay for a player or coach to do that? Leadership starts at the top....dammit Ralph, snap out of it!

Time to change the owner then. It's time for Ralph to get out of town. He is incapable of running a businesss. He is incapable of making a decision. He is a clueless old fart. He is laughing at how bad HIS team is? F-off Ralph. EVERYONE is laughing at YOU. You old d-bag. Any good you have done is wasted. You have been cheap and stupid for 40 of the 50 years you have owned this team especially the last 10. The fans would have booed you at halftime yesterday and you deserve it and more. Sell the team to someone who gives a crap and is not so old and senile they can still make a decision. Everyone seems to be right when they say NOTHING will change until Ralph is gone. I can't beleive I waste my time on money on this garbage anymore.

I'll go out on a limb here - I believe Ralph has made up his mind to change coaches and I believe he will make changes in the front office also. There is little to be gained by making a switch now. The earliest it takes place is the bye week but I now believe Jauron is here until the end of the season.

The more important decision is (call the individual a GM or whatever) who will take over the front office. We all know Ralph felt burned by Donahue and rightfully so. The Marv years are proving to be a failure (in retrospect). The net of this is that Ralph will return to his senses and realize that a true football mind has to lead the front office.

I think Ralph should spend the rest of the season looking to see who is out there and who the best choice for the job is. This season is lost anyway. The roster will be blown up and Bobby April (though his stock has fallen mighty far) might be the only coach worth salvaging from this staff. Dan Snyder has shown that simply throwing money around does not solve problems (Cowboys and Jones are also proving this point).

I know many of you will say Ralph is cheap and nothing will change ... time will tell.

Ralph dieing probably isn't the answer. Firing DJ probably isn't the answer. Benching TE probably isn't the answer. The only answer that makes sense to me is getting a football savvy GM. And letting said GM do what he needs to do to get the team back on track. I would imagine that would include firing DJ AND benching if not firing TE. You need someone like Parcels who knows what needs to be done and will do it, as well as recognizing talent (and lack thereof) when he sees it. Until then, we are all just pissing into the wind.

I understand about Dick, but the fact that he "tried to make light of his team's poor performance"...pisses me off....would that be okay for a player or coach to do that? Leadership starts at the top....dammit Ralph, snap out of it!

It was the same after the Toronto game versus Miami last season. And to think, we though they couldn't get much worse than that performance.

I think RW is not lucid and just riding things out. They've trotted out all the excuses, and now the marketing guys are forced to come up with some great ones.

It was the same after the Toronto game versus Miami last season. And to think, we though they couldn't get much worse than that performance.

I think RW is not lucid and just riding things out. They've trotted out all the excuses, and now the marketing guys are forced to come up with some great ones.

Jauron has one more card to play. They can bench Edwards. What else is there?

The emergency chute is going to fail, of course. Fitzpatpatsack isn't any good. We knew that when they outbid themselves in a rush for his services.

NFL haves and have nots imbalance worst in my memory, too. This makes for a pretty bad product for the entire league. Maybe the league ownership will get it and enact some changes to promote parity but I'm not sure what those would be...outlawing cheap owners who look at winning as secondary?