Defend Trentative Edwards

Brand J

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm neither a supporter nor defender of Edwards but there's not a QB on this planet who could do anything under this staff and behind that OLine. Not one. Maybe he'll be OK and maybe he'll end up sucking, but we'll never find out about him until he's put in a tenable situation.

When he does get time he still doesn't make good decisions with the ball. And someone please tell me WHY DO WE CONTINUE WITH THE NO HUDDLE? The young OL obviously isn't ready for it. Huddle up, let them get their wits about them and I guarantee the penalties will drop.

DJ should be fired alone for not benching Trentative. Sometimes it takes getting benched before a player starts to respond favorably. But then again, I believed that being called out by an opposing coach would make Trent want to throw the ball all over his defense. Too bad Trent doesn't watch or care for football much, his heart isn't truly in the game.

Trent Edwards post game comments: "We just have to keep working hard at it. We had some opportunities out there that for whatever reason, we weren't able to take advantage of. I believe that we have coachable guys and we all want to get better, so we'll keep working at it."

We just lot to a team that completed TWO passes against us all game and you start a thread blaming Edwards for the loss.

Your fan knowledge is on par with jauron's coaching knowledge.

I wish I could share your optimism regarding Trentative Edwards Simon. It would be easier to think that the future is bright. Jauron just said on the postgame: We'll have to see about Trent.

What the heck optimism are you referring to?

The O-line is either too young or not good enough. That being said, a "normal" NFL Qb,,,,even Fitzpatrick would have led them to more than 3 points. I'm sure of it. Trent just can't make ANYTHING HAPPEN down the field. The few times he does throw deep aren't even close to being accurate anymore. He's a real disappointment.

When he does get time he still doesn't make good decisions with the ball. And someone please tell me WHY DO WE CONTINUE WITH THE NO HUDDLE? The young OL obviously isn't ready for it. Huddle up, let them get their wits about them and I guarantee the penalties will drop.

The only time I saw him with time today was when he threw the pick. And that was more not having any rapport with Owens than it was a bad decision.

I don't what I'm seeing so far from him, but I just don't think it's sensible to quickly pass judgment on a guy who has been in such an untenable situation since he came here.

We just lot to a team that completed TWO passes against us all game and you start a thread blaming Edwards for the loss.

Your fan knowledge is on par with jauron's coaching knowledge.

Uh RayFinkle... You got the right - the opposing QB completed 2 passes and we didnt win the game!!! If I told you that pregame what would have been your reason for the loss? All falls on the offense and the player that distributes the ball. If you CANT see that Edwards is a big problem on this team, you're HOPELESS...

I'm neither a supporter nor defender of Edwards but there's not a QB on this planet who could do anything under this staff and behind that OLine. Not one. Maybe he'll be OK and maybe he'll end up sucking, but we'll never find out about him until he's put in a tenable situation.

For the most part he had time to throw. He also had targets down field open. I refer to the third down when he had March one I nch wide open and wouldn't throw it untill a LB was on his back....He is broken...it might have been the staff who broke him, but he is broken. He sucks and now it is time for Fitzpatrick. I need to know if this kid can throw the ball. Trent Edwards could have had a better game today.He had time and lanes. He is afraid to throw the ball down field. It all stems from Dicky J pumping into the brains of these players it is alright to punt. :w00t:

He played with plenty of time behind the O Line last year and blew just as bad...in fact, he had plenty of time against Cle in last years game and proceeded to QB one of the worst games of QB play I have seen ever in the NFL...

It doesnt matter if he has time or no time, he just doesnt do anything with it. Even with a bad O Line, good QB's will be more productive than he has been...Trent hasnt been good on any level, ever, since High School...

For the mosat part he had time to throw. He also had targets down field open. I refer to the third down when he had March one I nch wide open and wouldn't throw it untill a LB was on his back....He is broken...it might have been the staff who broke him, but he is broken. He sucks and now it is time for Fitzpatrick. I need to know if this kid can throw the ball. Trent Edwards could have had a better game today.He had time and lanes. He is afraid to throw the ball down field. It all stems from Dicky J pumping into the brains of these players it is alright to punt. :w00t:

I have no idea what it is you watch on Sundays but I'm sure it's all in your head.

There not even remotely similar players and the comparison is invalid (not to mention Kelly is a HOF'er).

Unlike Kelly, Trent is a "system" QB that is going to rely on his system to succeed. Until he's in an even remotely efficient system we'll never be able to tell much of anything about him.

Exactly and thank you.

The comparison is not invalid. The Bills were 4-12 in the 1986 season, Kelly's first year, coming off of back-to-back 2-14 seasons.

So I would argue that the current Bills, who are 14-18 the last two season, have BETTER talent now than Kelly had back in 1986.

Bruce Smith of 1986 was no where near the player he was in 1990.

And Jauron, as bad as he is, has a better record than Bullough.

Kelly had worse coaching, and the talent level of the team was worse than it is today, and perhaps worse in franchise history.

And Edwards is a "system" QB? :w00t: There is no system in the NFL that makes a QB who can't throw downfield successful.

Again, name one thing that has Ewards has shown on the field, on his own merits, that makes you consider him an NFL-quality starter.

He's shown nothing, which makes him expendable.

The only time I saw him with time today was when he threw the pick. And that was more not having any rapport with Owens than it was a bad decision.

I don't what I'm seeing so far from him, but I just don't think it's sensible to quickly pass judgment on a guy who has been in such an untenable situation since he came here.

and a guy who looked like league MVP for the first quarter of last season...still--his wimpiness and lack of a big arm are reasons for SOME concern

I have no idea what it is you watch on Sundays but I'm sure it's all in your head.

I obviously watched the game closer than you did and even DVR'd it. We could watch it again via computer camera and count the times he had 4 or more seconds ... I know you are the type of person who is right....even when you're wrong.

P.S. It seems you are alone in your opinion here. the proofs in the pudding.