Defend Trentative Edwards

Brand J

I want to hear Trentative Edward's biggest supporters attempt to defend him after this game. Please bring your rosy colored glasses and enlighten me as to how good Trent is and how it is everyone else's fault around him...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to hear Trentative Edward's biggest supporters attempt to defend him after this game. Please bring your rosy colored glasses and enlighten me as to how good Trent is and how it is everyone else's fault around him...

I'm neither a supporter nor defender of Edwards but there's not a QB on this planet who could do anything under this staff and behind that OLine. Not one. Maybe he'll be OK and maybe he'll end up sucking, but we'll never find out about him until he's put in a tenable situation.

Give it a rest champ. No online, about 9 false starts on the offense which put them in 3rd an long all day. This team's porblems are A LOT bigger than the QB position.

The sun, he doesn't play well in the sun... or at night, because of the lights... they sometimes get in his eyes when he drops back.... umm... the coaches, that's it. No one could win with these coaches. Or, the line! The line is horrible and we could have Joe Montana and not do anything. Have I mentioned that the coaching is bad? Anyway, starting Fitzpatrick is a bad idea... because... because... umm... ...

The sun, he doesn't play well in the sun... or at night, because of the lights... they sometimes get in his eyes when he drops back.... umm... the coaches, that's it. No one could win with these coaches. Or, the line! The line is horrible and we could have Joe Montana and not do anything. Have I mentioned that the coaching is bad? Anyway, starting Fitzpatrick is a bad idea... because... because... umm... ...

...or the wind

....or the snow

...maybe it's the newly-discovered "3-4 Concussion" - thanks to the New England Journal of Medicine.

I'm neither a supporter nor defender of Edwards but there's not a QB on this planet who could do anything under this staff and behind that OLine. Not one. Maybe he'll be OK and maybe he'll end up sucking, but we'll never find out about him until he's put in a tenable situation.

I don't agree with this. Jim Kelly started in Buffalo under Hank Bullough, the worst coach in Bills history.

Even under that lousy coach, and during a losing season, Kelly always showed signs that he had the ability an NFL caliber QB.

Edwards has shown NOTHING to even hint that he has any ability to be an NFL starting QB.

Trent is a problem...but hardly the biggest problem.We need a coach and a GM and an owner first. Put any other QB in there and we still are a garbage organization.

That wasn't it's an "OL" and not Edwards. It's impossible to know anything about any QB on this team. The schemes are awful, the coaching is poor, there's no support off the field. There is no ability to make adjustments or properly adjust to the blitz.

The play at QB is poor, but the entire organization is poor. That's not fixed by just replacing the QB...it's been tried before.

I will be the first one to say that OL does suck. However, dear god the boy can throw it down field. I have the biggest supporter of TE and I was hoping to see Fitzpatrick.

When they're rushing 3 and dropping 8 and the 3 are getting home, what the hell can ya' do?

DJ should be fired alone for not benching Trentative. Sometimes it takes getting benched before a player starts to respond favorably. But then again, I believed that being called out by an opposing coach would make Trent want to throw the ball all over his defense. Too bad Trent doesn't watch or care for football much, his heart isn't truly in the game.

Trent Edwards post game comments: "We just have to keep working hard at it. We had some opportunities out there that for whatever reason, we weren't able to take advantage of. I believe that we have coachable guys and we all want to get better, so we'll keep working at it."

I don't agree with this. Jim Kelly started in Buffalo under Hank Bullough, the worst coach in Bills history.

Even under that lousy coach, and during a losing season, Kelly always showed signs that he had the ability an NFL caliber QB.

Edwards has shown NOTHING to even hint that he has any ability to be an NFL starting QB.

Word.

There not even remotely similar players and the comparison is invalid (not to mention Kelly is a HOF'er).

Unlike Kelly, Trent is a "system" QB that is going to rely on his system to succeed. Until he's in an even remotely efficient system we'll never be able to tell much of anything about him.

That wasn't it's an "OL" and not Edwards. It's impossible to know anything about any QB on this team. The schemes are awful, the coaching is poor, there's no support off the field. There is no ability to make adjustments or properly adjust to the blitz.

The play at QB is poor, but the entire organization is poor. That's not fixed by just replacing the QB...it's been tried before.

Exactly and thank you.

Sorry, I can't buy this one. Kelly had -in front of him- Ken Jones, Jim Ritcher, Joe Devlin and another USFL castoff, Kent Hull.

No comparison.