Mike Lombardi on the Bills

6. Let’s face it, the Bills are just good enough to win five games, and the longer the season goes, their lack of size will affect their ability to stay healthy. Their bad planning on their offensive line, especially at tackle, is too much to overcome. But what they’ll really need to decide is whether they can win with Trent Edwards at quarterback.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Diner-...was-Witten.html

6. Let’s face it, the Bills are just good enough to win five games, and the longer the season goes, their lack of size will affect their ability to stay healthy. Their bad planning on their offensive line, especially at tackle, is too much to overcome. But what they’ll really need to decide is whether they can win with Trent Edwards at quarterback.

would anyone disagree with that assessment?...

Size and and ability to stay healthy is a dubious connection. Why is Keith Ellison always playing while Poz is always hurt?

Yeah, I think that's an uneducated generalization about the state of the Bills. Size hasn't gotten these guys hurt. Bell, Butler, Poz, and Scott are not undersized for their position.

It comes down to the head coach: the philosophy, the discipline, the clock management, the personnel decisions, the motivation... none of these areas are where they need to be for success. We're one of the most penalized teams in the league, Edwards has been sacked 2nd most of any QB in the league, we kneel before half time when there is still valuable time left to get points on the board, we can't challenge officiating calls efficiently, our offensive playbook is "vanilla" yet we can't seem to run it fluidly... the list goes on.

Do I even need to back up the fact that Jauron needs to be fired this very minute. This is really pushing my ability to remain a fan of this team. I'm holding on as much as I possibly can here...

Yeah, I think that's an uneducated generalization about the state of the Bills. Size hasn't gotten these guys hurt. Bell, Butler, Poz, and Scott are not undersized for their position.

It comes down to the head coach: the philosophy, the discipline, the clock management, the personnel decisions, the motivation... none of these areas are where they need to be for success. We're one of the most penalized teams in the league, Edwards has been sacked 2nd most of any QB in the league, we kneel before half time when there is still valuable time left to get points on the board, we can't challenge officiating calls efficiently, our offensive playbook is "vanilla" yet we can't seem to run it fluidly... the list goes on.

Do I even need to back up the fact that Jauron needs to be fired this very minute. This is really pushing my ability to remain a fan of this team. I'm holding on as much as I possibly can here...

Well, that...and Tom Modrak AND John Guy.

Size and and ability to stay healthy is a dubious connection. Why is Keith Ellison always playing while Poz is always hurt?

Because Ellison doesnt hit hard or play in the trenches. He doesnt take on blocks. He sucks. He makes a play 1/100. Worst player on this team.

Lombardi knows the Bills all to well...His comment earlier this Year that the Bills were behind the other Teams in the AFC East "intellectually" was priceless and dead on... :nana:

Poz is not going to be any healthier, re: his arm fracture, in the future. He is at significnat risk for reinjuring the arm.

it was obvious in the preseason that we were not going anywhere with the existing offensive line. The "poor planning" has been going on for years (Ngata, Oher come to mind.) This guy lombardi seems to know a lot about football.

Lombardi does know his stuff, thats why a writer, Chris Landry, was caught plagiarizing his material on the internet haha.

But as far as Ellison goes, i dont know what people really expect when you have a special teamer at best starting at OLB