Mike Lombardi on the Bills

I think the only "poor planning" in regards to the tackle situation was drafting Maybin. But it's too early to tell what kind of player he'll become, so for now, I'll hold judgment.

I'm on the fence regarding the Walker dump since clearly he's not that valuable if other teams with struggling OLines (i.e. Green Bay) have taken a pass on the guy (the league has had six weeks to pass on Walker, tough to argue his worth to Buffalo). But what he did provide was much needed depth, at an outrageous cost.

Signing Peters was not, repeat NOT an option. His demands were ludicrous and his desire to stay in Buffalo was non-existent, at best.

So, rather than play the 20-20 hindsight game of "they should have drafted so-and-so," there's really no other way to argue that more could/should have been done (over the past 12 months) to boost the OLine.

We had two legitimate tackles, but no depth. Depth at tackle, for most teams, is a luxury, not a given.

I think the only "poor planning" in regards to the tackle situation was drafting Maybin. But it's too early to tell what kind of player he'll become, so for now, I'll hold judgment.

I'm on the fence regarding the Walker dump since clearly he's not that valuable if other teams with struggling OLines (i.e. Green Bay) have taken a pass on the guy (the league has had six weeks to pass on Walker, tough to argue his worth to Buffalo). But what he did provide was much needed depth, at an outrageous cost.

Signing Peters was not, repeat NOT an option. His demands were ludicrous and his desire to stay in Buffalo was non-existent, at best.

So, rather than play the 20-20 hindsight game of "they should have drafted so-and-so," there's really no other way to argue that more could/should have been done (over the past 12 months) to boost the OLine.

We had two legitimate tackles, but no depth. Depth at tackle, for most teams, is a luxury, not a given.

Why can't we play the hindsight game? How about the fact that, even though Peters' grumbling was in its early stages and they were thin along the o-line, they drafted McKelvin - a glorified kick returner - instead of Ryan Clady?

Why can't we play the hindsight game? How about the fact that, even though Peters' grumbling was in its early stages and they were thin along the o-line, they drafted McKelvin - a glorified kick returner - instead of Ryan Clady?

Where is the evidence that Peters' grumblings began in April 2008? He was undergoing groin surgery then and we had also just let Clements walk, a decision even the most ardent Jauron-haters will agree was the wiser decision, money wise.

So...?