Can we please get COLT MCCOY

I'm all for bringing in an established vet, but I'm really not sure who's going to be available. The most notable free agents will be Jason Campbell and Kyle Orton, and I'm guessing Orton at least will be retained by his current club.

Campbell isn't bad, but isn't great, either. At some point, you're going to have to roll the dice on a a first round QB, or else just hope you back into one (Someone lets Drew Brees become a free agent, your 6th round pick from Michigan breaks out). The question is how long you wait to put the other pieces in place before you pull the trigger.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quarterback is the most important position on the field, but not for this team. They need OTs, and someone like Terrance Cody from Alabama at DT. They need a linebacker who weighs more than Julia Roberts. They need another tight end, and probably a receiver.

A qb would be a ticket seller, and little more.

He has a weak arm and his numbers are inflated by playing in a top program. Need I remind you of the last first rounder we took from Texas?

I like Jevan Snead and even better, if he comes out as a junior, Jake Locker from Washington.

Snead has completely underwhelmed me. I had high hopes given his conference but he has just looked like just another guy so far this year.

Quarterback is the most important position on the field, but not for this team. They need OTs, and someone like Terrance Cody from Alabama at DT. They need a linebacker who weighs more than Julia Roberts. They need another tight end, and probably a receiver.

A qb would be a ticket seller, and little more.

A great QB can mask a bad o-line performance (just look at Rothelisberger). Problem is, there aren't any QBs in this draft who can do that, so I tend to agree they should go OT/DT/LB in this draft.

Blow it up and wait for Forcier. That guy is gonna be a football god. I hate Michigan and didnt want to believe. This guy has balls and he is a winner.

In the meantime I like Pike a lot.

lol at Claussen. Im sick of Notre Dame fans trying to sell this kid.

I wouldnt be pissed at a Bradford pick, but Im an Oklahoma fan. I would love to see them take the TE Gresham with their second pick, even if they had to trade down to the end of the 1st round.

seriously this is a stupid thread but the bills need a 1st rounder to get back into things.. Please I want MCCOY...

Peyton Manning would fail under the current coaching and management.

Until the coaches and front office are cleaned out - nothing will change.

Players come and go yet the story remains the same - bad management from top to bottom is the problem.

I don't think Bradford or McCoy are the answer. There aren't really any quarterbacks out there with a strong enough arm. I would like to see someone out there with a cannon. How did we pass on Jay Cutler?

You must be enjoying the outstanding career of the cannon-armed QB in OAkland.

I'm all for bringing in an established vet, but I'm really not sure who's going to be available. The most notable free agents will be Jason Campbell and Kyle Orton, and I'm guessing Orton at least will be retained by his current club.

Campbell isn't bad, but isn't great, either. At some point, you're going to have to roll the dice on a a first round QB, or else just hope you back into one (Someone lets Drew Brees become a free agent, your 6th round pick from Michigan breaks out). The question is how long you wait to put the other pieces in place before you pull the trigger.

I wouldn't take Campbell. Orton I'd take in a heartbeat. He's not pretty, but he wins. That's all that counts. Last year we could have signed Jeff Garcia. He'd be better than Trent. Even Seneca Wallace would be better then Trent and he was a free agent this year. If he only lasts a year or two, so what? Then get someone else. I cant' predict the future, but if the Bills were aggressive, someone would be available and they could get him. The thought of sacrificing 3 more seasons for a rookie to "learn" is a worst case scenario for me. Many FA or trade bait QBs have taken their team to SB like Kurt Warner, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Matt Hasselback, Craig Morton, Jeff Hosstettler, Doug Williams ... In fact, HOF coach Joe Gibbs won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs. You don't have to have one guy as the "frachise QB" to be successful.

Do you think McCoy would have been able to do a damn thing behind that line yesterday? Could Johnny Unitas have won the game behind that line, for that matter? I'll keep saying it until we finally get one: BUILD THE OLINE!!!!

This "fix the O-line" crap to excuse Edwards play is rediculous. Good QB's find a way to play well despite their O-lines. The Steelers and Green Bay are good examples of that, they both have bad O-lines, yet Big Ben and Rogers play very well and put their teams in positions to win.

This "fix the O-line" crap to excuse Edwards play is rediculous. Good QB's find a way to play well despite their O-lines. The Steelers and Green Bay are good examples of that, they both have bad O-lines, yet Big Ben and Rogers play very well and put their teams in positions to win.

Rodgers is 8-12, with 2 win over last year's winless Lions.

I can't believe no one has mentioned this kid from Houston - Case Keenum (pronounced casey). QB is ticky scouting assignment. Everyone here is naming big school popular QBs. Look at the guy and see if A)he can make NFL throws, B)good pocket presence, C)moves the ball up and down the field, D)is he good or product of the system?, E)just makes plays, F)wins G)size, H)good knowledge of time (internal clock, knows D&D, TOs, etc).

That is how you scout for NFL QBs.

Tebow - are you kidding me? he is not an NFL QB (fails A, C, D). He is not at all fast enough to be a wildcat QB either.

Snead- hes OK - not franchise. hyped too much

Mccoy - hes average, hyped too much

Forcier - kind of like Tebow, he will be a great college player but not an NFL arm. too small

in general the big ten is a joke - and ND plays lots of the big ten so I don't look at good performance from QBs that play these teams.

Pike - I really like him, but I think he is like Harrell, Daniels - product of the spread. I think he is better than those two though

Bradford - hes better than OK, dont know if hes franchise - kind of like deer in headlights, has really good players around him big 12 teams don't play defense

Keenum - just watch him, A-H, not to mention he is fiery and a great leader. Also he is very athletic, can run well. Runs a spread like offense, but he is not a product of the system - as a frosh everyone at houston was like OMG we have a steal.

*Yes I am a scout

I can't believe no one has mentioned this kid from Houston - Case Keenum (pronounced casey). QB is ticky scouting assignment. Everyone here is naming big school popular QBs. Look at the guy and see if A)he can make NFL throws, B)good pocket presence, C)moves the ball up and down the field, D)is he good or product of the system?, E)just makes plays, F)wins G)size, H)good knowledge of time (internal clock, knows D&D, TOs, etc).

That is how you scout for NFL QBs.

Tebow - are you kidding me? he is not an NFL QB (fails A, C, D). He is not at all fast enough to be a wildcat QB either.

Snead- hes OK - not franchise. hyped too much

Mccoy - hes average, hyped too much

Forcier - kind of like Tebow, he will be a great college player but not an NFL arm. too small

in general the big ten is a joke - and ND plays lots of the big ten so I don't look at good performance from QBs that play these teams.

Pike - I really like him, but I think he is like Harrell, Daniels - product of the spread. I think he is better than those two though

Bradford - hes better than OK, dont know if hes franchise - kind of like deer in headlights, has really good players around him big 12 teams don't play defense

Keenum - just watch him, A-H, not to mention he is fiery and a great leader. Also he is very athletic, can run well. Runs a spread like offense, but he is not a product of the system - as a frosh everyone at houston was like OMG we have a steal.

*Yes I am a scout

Shouldnt you be out scouting then? I mean it is football season