Patriots are not Cheaters

judman

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be specific judman. Is there a particular incident you are referring to?

Absolutely. Terrible spots in the buffalo game that actually gave them a first down on a Wes Welker catch. The official picked up the ball and actually moved it (I believe there was a youtube link a few weeks ago). And the glancing blow of the Raven linebacker (Suggs?) that gave the patsies a first down on a "Brady Rule" call. Actually, Brady had to practically beg the official for it, as if to say "Remember our arrangement?" That team cannot be proud of their wins.

Probably the phantom roughing the passer calls on Tom Brady.

FIXED! Saved 2 of New Englands TD drives. Flacco got destroyed on a play 2 second after he got rid of the ball and no call. Tom Brady gets breathed on and it's a penalty. Not to mention they let Tommy Boy intentionally ground the ball at least once. In the grasp he threw that ball into an open area on the field with no WR within 15 yards of the ball in any direction.

What a bunch of crybabies ......

Whose crying. It's a fact. When ESPN pundits are talking about phantom calls you know it's bad. I'm tired of the Brady rules. Tuck rule, going after QBs legs, breathing on the QB....etc.

Don't forget Harbaugh getting a 15 yarder for talking to refs about a garbage PI call on one of their DBs--as per the announcers "when have you seen that before?". Someone seriously needs to look into this, it's just getting way too obvious......

Whose crying. It's a fact. When ESPN pundits are talking about phantom calls you know it's bad. I'm tired of the Brady rules. Tuck rule, going after QBs legs, breathing on the QB....etc.

What the pundits, and apparently other crybabies, don't get is the calls are being administered according to the rules of the game.

Yeah, the tuck rule may suck but it's a rule. Yeah, the rule prohibiting hitting a QB below the waist may be a losy rule but it's a current rule. And yes it may suck that a player gets called for 15 for placing his hand upon a QB's helmet but it's a rule.

if you want to complain about bad rules that's one thing but to insinuate that the Pats are cheating because of the proper enforcement of rules that's being a crybaby.

well look its to be expected. brady had the knee injury so the refs are sensitive to that. and any time a defender gets near a QBs knees they're sensitive to that too. i realize it was ticky tack but its going to happen, part of the game that over the long run good teams learn to recover from

What the pundits, and apparently other crybabies, don't get is the calls are being administered according to the rules of the game.

Yeah, the tuck rule may suck but it's a rule. Yeah, the rule prohibiting hitting a QB below the waist may be a losy rule but it's a current rule. And yes it may suck that a player gets called for 15 for placing his hand upon a QB's helmet but it's a rule.

if you want to complain about bad rules that's one thing but to insinuate that the Pats are cheating because of the proper enforcement of rules that's being a crybaby.

What about the bad spots? That has happened in a couple of games now. Harbaugh mentioned bad spots (without calling out the officials). I understand that USUALLY works both ways, but in a couple of games, and in more than a couple of circumstances, the Pats benefit.

I think a spot can be challenged, but teams probably would not want to burn challenges on bad spots.

You must be some sort of pats troll.

What about the bad spots? That has happened in a couple of games now. Harbaugh mentioned bad spots (without calling out the officials). I understand that USUALLY works both ways, but in a couple of games, and in more than a couple of circumstances, the Pats benefit.

I think a spot can be challenged, but teams probably would not want to burn challenges on bad spots.

Ball spots are arbitrary so yeah I suppose some favouritism could happen with them. I certainly don't think it's an epidemic problem benefiting certain teams however.

You must be some sort of pats troll.

I'm not penning anything revolutionary here. Some people just don't grasp basic, fundamental rules I suppose.

You hit a QB below the waist you're going to get a 15 yarder. You hit a QB in the helmet ....15. It happened to the Ravens yesterday and let's not forget, it also happened to the Pats yesterday as well. People seem to forget that fact!

I'm not penning anything revolutionary here. Some people just don't grasp basic, fundamental rules I suppose.

You hit a QB below the waist you're going to get a 15 yarder. You hit a QB in the helmet ....15. It happened to the Ravens yesterday and let's not forget, it also happened to the Pats yesterday as well. People seem to forget that fact!

Just kidding.

You're not going to change any minds here, though.

GO AWAY PATRIOT FAN BOY!!!! YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T SEE WHAT THE REST OF THE WORLD IS FINALLY SEEING NOT JUST OPPONENTS WHO HAVE BEEN SCREWED BY THE PATRIOT ACT!!!

GO AWAY PATRIOT FAN BOY!!!! YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T SEE WHAT THE REST OF THE WORLD IS FINALLY SEEING NOT JUST OPPONENTS WHO HAVE BEEN SCREWED BY THE PATRIOT ACT!!!

The Patriots act. What are you suggesting? A conspiracy of some sorts is in place that benefits the Patriots?

If so, who is all in on this, please.

There are always bad spots, mainly because the officials are human and down at field level which gives them the worst view possible. Couple that with the fact that most officials seems to be somewhere between 100 and 1000 years old and that's a recipe for bad calls. And it will always be that way unless they go to some automated system to spot the ball after each play.

The Patriots act. What are you suggesting? A conspiracy of some sorts is in place that benefits the Patriots?

If so, who is all in on this, please.

I don't know that footballs has conspiracies. What I do know is that the Patriots have been the beneficiaries of suspect favor calls and rules changes for year. Can you say "tuck rule", did you see the Ravens game yesterday? Apparently they only call intentional grounding and roughing the passer on teams NOT named the Patriots.

Tom Brady even got his own rule. Carlson Palmer taken out at the knees by the Steelers in the play offs. Your own Vince Wolfork takes out JP Losman and begins the Edwards era. OOOOOHHHH but Tom Brady gets taken out at the knees and now it's time for a rule change and you can't go low on a QB!!!!!!!

They did get you guys once though. A couple years ago the league "re-emphasized" the pass interference rules down the field because of how "aggressive"(read pass interference) the Patriots CBs would be down field. Your guys were masters of "incidental" contact. You were able to get away with it for years though until enough people complained.

I don't know that footballs has conspiracies. What I do know is that the Patriots have been the beneficiaries of suspect favor calls and rules changes for year. Can you say "tuck rule", did you see the Ravens game yesterday? Apparently they only call intentional grounding and roughing the passer on teams NOT named the Patriots.

Tom Brady even got his own rule. Carlson Palmer taken out at the knees by the Steelers in the play offs. Your own Vince Wolfork takes out JP Losman and begins the Edwards era. OOOOOHHHH but Tom Brady gets taken out at the knees and now it's time for a rule change and you can't go low on a QB!!!!!!!

They did get you guys once though. A couple years ago the league "re-emphasized" the pass interference rules down the field because of how "aggressive"(read pass interference) the Patriots CBs would be down field. Your guys were masters of "incidental" contact. You were able to get away with it for years though until enough people complained.

How daft are you? The Patriots don't make the rules so you can't blame them for it's implementation. Blame the NFL rules committee, of which no Patriot is part of BTW, for bad rules if you have a beef with the rules in the game.

As for the calls on the field ..... are you suggesting that the refs are knowingly conspiring to favor the Patriots?

How daft are you? The Patriots don't make the rules so you can't blame them for it's implementation. Blame the NFL rules committee, of which no Patriot is part of BTW, for bad rules if you have a beef with the rules in the game.

As for the calls on the field ..... are you suggesting that the refs are knowingly conspiring to favor the Patriots?

Again. Said nothing about conspiracy but I see what I see. You can't deny the Pats are getting preferential calls regardless of the reason for it!!! All I know is that Rules get changed and specific incidents in Patriots games have been the impetus for such changes!

You never answered my question above on the horrible calls other than the RTPs (probably since they don't support your view), but I'll answer yours. I think it should be seriously looked into, especially after things like the Donaghy stuff in the NBA and the Serie A scandal in Italian soccer two years ago (in which there was in fact a vast conspiracy involving refs in one of the biggest soccer leagues in the world) show that it can be done. There's an awful lot of money at stake and, in the Pats* case, awfully large egos involved, so who knows what people are capable of?

The refs have been in the bag for the Pats for years. I first noticed this Donte Whitner's rookie year when, after his TD return the refs called a late phantom PI call that the commentators couldn't even guess who the call was against.

The m.o. is almost always the same. The game is called evenly except for a huge break for the Pats early in the game, then one late in the game. They'll often give the Pats a bad break when it doesn't matter (i.e., opponent has 2nd and two from their own 30 yrd line)

This bias is a well known fact - yesterday I was watching the Giants-Chiefs game and the announcers said something along the lines"...there goes Vrabel lobbying the officials for a holding call. Hes not going to get one though, that only works for Patriot players, he's not used to being a Chief yet..."

Again. Said nothing about conspiracy but I see what I see. You can't deny the Pats are getting preferential calls regardless of the reason for it!!! All I know is that Rules get changed and specific incidents in Patriots games have been the impetus for such changes!

So, you are suggesting conspiracy then ........... Make up your mind will you.

I don't think there needs to be a conspiracy for the league to favor the Pats. There isn't a conspiracy required in the NBA to favor star players but there are clear economic incentives to do so. It's also no secret that Kraft is one of the preferred owners in the league. Also now even ESPN and CBS have direct financial interests tied in with the success of the Patriots and they themselves have enormous contracts with the NFL.

You never answered my question above on the horrible calls other than the RTPs (probably since they don't support your view),

I didn't answer it because I figured the point was moot. The RTP calls were called correctly as per the rules. You hit a QB in the helmet it's 15. You hit a QB below the waist, it's 15.

wrong!

Complaints aside, the clarification is on the books for the 2009 season (and beyond, no doubt), which means that we can expect a flurry of flags anytime a defender gets close to a quarterback's knees. NFL official Terry McAulay explained the nuances of the clarification during a recent visit to Patriots' training camp:

"We're looking for forcible contact, basically forearm, shoulder, or helmet right into his knee or below,''

you would term that 'hit' forcible?

link

The refs have been in the bag for the Pats for years. I first noticed this Donte Whitner's rookie year when, after his TD return the refs called a late phantom PI call that the commentators couldn't even guess who the call was against.

The m.o. is almost always the same. The game is called evenly except for a huge break for the Pats early in the game, then one late in the game. They'll often give the Pats a bad break when it doesn't matter (i.e., opponent has 2nd and two from their own 30 yrd line)

This bias is a well known fact - yesterday I was watching the Giants-Chiefs game and the announcers said something along the lines"...there goes Vrabel lobbying the officials for a holding call. Hes not going to get one though, that only works for Patriot players, he's not used to being a Chief yet..."

If you are suggesting that good teams maybe get the benefit of the doubt on some calls that bad teams don't get then yeah I agree. I mean if Manning to Wayne hook up and it's close the ref might inch them over the mark knowing that they are who they are. J Russell to whoever Raider WR happens to catch one his tosses might not get the same benefit. Ditto why the Colts and PAts OL don't seem to get called for holding as much as say the Bills OL

But, to suggest that the league gives the Pats preferential treatment to all other 31 NFL teams is monumentally asinine.