Newsflash: The Bills roster is extremely thin

BillsVet

That sounds like a miserable place then.

Reality check: the Bills have only produced 1 winning season this decade, with the previous 2 years being some of the most painful.

Nothing like watching a team of young talented players being pissed away by one of the leagues worst head coach.

It's all about the "continuity".

Don't you want the Bills to win? Don't you want the Bills to succeed? Don't you want the Bills to dominate their opponents, all the time, every time?

If you do, how in the world do you openly accept mediocrity? Not only accept it, but root for it. Encourage it. Make excuses for it.

Why do you hate the Bills that much? Did a former Bill run over your tricycle or something?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because the tools keep too many players on the roster (like John Wendling) that can only play special teams. It destroys the ability to develp depth.

Thats just stupid! Those players your complaining about the tools keep happen to make Buffalo #1 in special teams! And that happens to be a huge part of football! GO BILLS!!!!!

I actually expect the Bills to lose this week because of the terrible injury situation. They'll be on the road playing a well-coached and desperate team, and it appears as if both starting tackles will be out (Bell is sitting out practice). Also, their starting MLB, and 3/4 of their secondary is out. And Kyle Williams is hurting and might not play. If Henne is even halfway decent, he should be able to feast. I hope he isn't.

Yet, those same LBs shut down the best offense in the league until the middle of the 4th.

The great Peters has given up one less sack than Bell. I also find your timing funny. i don't remember these posts after we were one of the best running teams in the NFL with this inexperience oline.

I guess you're a Bills fan. But you are the most negative fan I have ever met. Obviously there are problems with the team, but they should be 2-1 and just stopped a great offense. Things aren't nearly as bad as you want them to be.

I want the Bills to win because I love them. But it's almost become personal to shut some of you up. Seriously, I come to talk Bills and not slit my wrists after a page full of "woe is me" threads. Keep up the quality posting. :rolleyes:

Actually that is not true...our LBs are soo bad right now we were almost entirely in a 3 safety look with whitner in the box. Had we had actual depth with legit NFL linebackers they could have stayed more in their base package with 3 linebackers and not get SHREDDED with the run game. Buggs was on the sideline a ton last week. I dont even like our starters at LB..there are NO playmakers. Mitchell is slow and when in coverage is a complete disaster. Ellison is too small, and please dont talk to me about all his tackles. Good for him hes catching rbs 4 yards past the LOS. Poz is a solid linebacker but again none of these guys are dynamic playmakers.

Reality check: the Bills have only produced 1 winning season this decade, with the previous 2 years being some of the most painful.

Nothing like watching a team of young talented players being pissed away by one of the leagues worst head coach.

It's all about the "continuity".

Don't you want the Bills to win? Don't you want the Bills to succeed? Don't you want the Bills to dominate their opponents, all the time, every time?

If you do, how in the world do you openly accept mediocrity? Not only accept it, but root for it. Encourage it. Make excuses for it.

Why do you hate the Bills that much? Did a former Bill run over your tricycle or something?

You obviously are very young and have not been a Bills fan for too long.

There's 13 games left, my friend. A lot can happen. I just find it amazing that after one bad game (one in which we shut down the best offense in the NFL), this board becomes the most depressing place ever.

Trust me, if we have another subpar season, big changes need to be made. But crying about the Bills now IMHO does nothing. Long season to go. Enjoy, then female dog in the offseason.

We didnt shut them down!!!!! we got steamrolled int he 4th! Why is everyone so happy to praise a defense for getting run all over. This just goes to show how low our standards around here. Did they hang in there and play tough? Yes. Did breeze have a bad day? yes....BUT did we still get 27 points scored on us, and 225yds run all over us? YES. It ultimately comes down to results. It was absolutely not the defenses fault we lost but jesus im sick of them getting praised as well.

Guest dog14787

Billsvet is simply pointing out obvious problems. Maybe some of you choose to ignore them problems , but it doesn't make them go away.

There is only one way to fix the problems the Buffalo Bills have and continue to have and that's to hire a real GM and a HC who knows how to win in this league. (someone like Jon Gruden)

Its the only way...

There's 13 games left, my friend. A lot can happen. I just find it amazing that after one bad game (one in which we shut down the best offense in the NFL), this board becomes the most depressing place ever.

Trust me, if we have another subpar season, big changes need to be made. But crying about the Bills now IMHO does nothing. Long season to go. Enjoy, then female dog in the offseason.

Its not 1 bad game. Its that this season has begun to reflect of what everyone has expected of dick jauron. There's no sign of any change. We're headed down the same road that we have been on the past 3 years. All the signs are there, whether you choose to recognize them or not.

1. We are off to a slow start (1-2). jauron coached teams often start slow and finish slow (2008 was an outlier).

2. We found a way to lose against a better team in a game we should have won. jauron coached teams are always coming up small in big games and finding ways to lose. this has happened enough times in his 3 years at the helm.

3. The team has showed that it is trying to keep it close, rather than trying to win.

4. Trent stubbornly and utterly refuses to throw the ball to WRs. He's so afraid of making a mistake (a trait no doubt ingrained in his head by our gutless HC) that he refuses to try to make any plays.

You obviously are very young and have not been a Bills fan for too long.

Been a Bills fan for 30 years. Yes, I have suffered through the Stephenson/Bullough years.

And upon reviewing my post, I can see how my post would be mis-construed. I should have clarified.

The 2 years I am referring to is in regards to the past 10 (of the past 10, the past 2 were the most painful).

But I will say this. I have always said the main difference between Bullough and Jauron is the players hated Bullough, and would purposely throw games in order to get him fired.

Interestingly enough, it turns out, Jauron got his coaching start because of Bullough.

Guest dog14787
Its not 1 bad game. Its that this season has begun to reflect of what everyone has expected of dick jauron. There's no sign of any change. We're headed down the same road that we have been on the past 3 years. All the signs are there, whether you choose to recognize them or not.

1. We are off to a slow start (1-2). jauron coached teams often start slow and finish slow (2008 was an outlier).

2. We found a way to lose against a better team in a game we should have won. jauron coached teams are always coming up small in big games and finding ways to lose. this has happened enough times in his 3 years at the helm.

3. The team has showed that it is trying to keep it close, rather than trying to win.

4. Trent stubbornly and utterly refuses to throw the ball to WRs. He's so afraid of making a mistake (a trait no doubt ingrained in his head by our gutless HC) that he refuses to try to make any plays.

One day everyone will appreciate our QB's ability to take care of the ball properly and not throw unwarranted interceptions because turnovers more often than not are the difference between winning and losing in this league.

One day...

Been a Bills fan for 30 years. Yes, I have suffered through the Stephenson/Bullough years.

And upon reviewing my post, I can see how my post would be mis-construed. I should have clarified.

The 2 years I am referring to is in regards to the past 10 (of the past 10, the past 2 were the most painful).

But I will say this. I have always said the main difference between Bullough and Jauron is the players hated Bullough, and would purposely throw games in order to get him fired.

Interestingly enough, it turns out, Jauron got his coaching start because of Bullough.

Ok - fair enough. Didn't mean to come across as an ass.

One day everyone will appreciate our QB's ability to take care of the ball properly and not throw unwarranted interceptions because turnovers more often than not are the difference between winning and losing in this league.

One day...

Sorry, i prefer offensive production over potential mistakes. Taking care of the ball doesn't mean **** when your offense puts up 0 points. I'll take 2 TDs and 1 INT every single week over 0 TDs and 0 INTs.

Some people prefer to stick their head in the sand and think that a leopard can change its spots....

Guest dog14787
Sorry, i prefer offensive production over potential mistakes. Taking care of the ball doesn't mean **** when your offense puts up 0 points. I'll take 2 TDs and 1 INT every single week over 0 TDs and 0 INTs.

Trent Edwards is still learning and by know means playing at the level he should be, but just throwing the ball up for grabs is not a very intelligent approach, an approach I see QB's using way to often.

You don't see the championship caliber QB's like the Brady's or the Mannings doing it very often though do you.

It's been 3 games against IMO 2 of the better teams in the league. Talk to me after we are 3-2.

So it's Jauron fault that McKelvin fumbled or that a great defensive gameplan was ruined because Trent and hte receivers couldn't connect? Oh that's right. It's always teh coaches' fault.

Huh? We faked a field goal and then tried an onside kick. Your gameplan would consist of getting in a shootout with NO? That's not very smart. DJ's gameplan worked in both the NO and NE games and the PLAYERS messed it up. A coach can only do so much.

You have no idea of this at all. You also think the only reason Losman was a bad NFL is because of the coaching staff (well I guess 2 coaching staffs gave up on him).

I would think that after rebuilding the team since 2006 that Buffalo could feature slightly better depth and contend for a division title. But there are enough fans happy to have a team and not really interested in having being good.

And why are we supposed to accept that DJ is good enough in December, when the coaching axe is coming down across the league.

Too many Bills fans accept mediocrity and explain it away with wimpy excuses. Indy and Pittsburgh are small markets.

you've got an agenda, so pretty much anything you say regarding this topic has little value.

I agree that DJ isn't who we need, but to rail against R.B in his second year, where it seems pretty obvious to me that there have been a lot of good decisions that have been made suggest your disgust is a cumulative one, and not one with justified reason on this GM.

The reality is that we had both of our starting safety's go down in the same week, and that this FO made what I consider to be a good one in literally "cutting out the fat" in the piss poor Offensive lineman we have had over the years. It is unfortunate that we've had injuries in our O-line to deplete depth. You can blame the strength and conditioning, but to put that on R.B is misplaced.

Some people prefer to stick their head in the sand and think that a leopard can change its spots....

A lot of people figured DJ would change after narrowly keeping his job last December 30th. He never had any intention of doing anything different. He plays it safe, hoping to eke out a win at the last moment.

DJ does not regularly put his players in a position to win. I'll yield that Edwards needs to make some throws, but it's still no coincidence that he's become a lot like his HC. It is my sincere hope that TE starts going against what DJ calls up, because I think he has a lot of sway over the offensive game plan.

The Bills organization is a joke, a laughingstock. That is a painful reality to a lifelong fan like myself.

They could have had an o-line of Peters-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Walker. O.K. you hate Peters...Then draft Michael Oher at left tackle..Maybin was an idiotic luxury pick. We could have had a dominant o-line surrounded by many skill players. Instead our o-line suchs once again, we can't do anything behind the current starters and we are hoping for better next year.

I hope Miami kicks the crap out of us and same with the Browns..They both beat us last years, what's the difference now?

Jauron needs toget fired, same with the GM. Reach in those deep pockets and get us Gruden, Shanahan, Billick, Cowher, Holmgren and let them draft a 1st round quarterback and the best left tackle available next year...Then we'll have a chance.

A lot of people figured DJ would change after narrowly keeping his job last December 30th. He never had any intention of doing anything different. He plays it safe, hoping to eke out a win at the last moment.

DJ does not regularly put his players in a position to win. I'll yield that Edwards needs to make some throws, but it's still no coincidence that he's become a lot like his HC. It is my sincere hope that TE starts going against what DJ calls up, because I think he has a lot of sway over the offensive game plan.

He started running a no huddle. He fired his OC because he wasn't getting the job done. He hired Bob Sanders, who has done a great job with the d-line. He outcoached the homeless hoodie in NE. He shut down the best offense in football.

Jauron is a million times better than you give him credit for. BUT IT'S ALL THE COAHCES' FAULT!!!

He started running a no huddle. He fired his OC because he wasn't getting the job done. He hired Bob Sanders, who has done a great job with the d-line. He outcoached the homeless hoodie in NE. He shut down the best offense in football.

Jauron is a million times better than you give him credit for. BUT IT'S ALL THE COAHCES' FAULT!!!

And he'll punt at his 29 down 10 points with 7:41 remaining in the game. You actually defend this guy? Hasn't Cynical demonstrated ad nauseam how bad DJ is over his career? Do you think it's a coincidence that 8 out of 9 seasons he's had a losing team?