Here's how you can tell a rivalry is dead:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the Dolfelon trolls? Usually by this point, this place is crawling with them. But no, not any more. Why? This rivalry is dead, buried under a decade of Paytoilet* dominance.

Shh, I got rid of them long ago. Check under the boulders behind the old Oak tree.

Where are the Dolfelon trolls? Usually by this point, this place is crawling with them. But no, not any more. Why? This rivalry is dead, buried under a decade of Paytoilet* dominance.

This game probably matters a lot to Ralph. Maybe he will fire Jauron if we lose. I doubt it, but there is always hope.

When the NFL realigned, I really wanted them to move into a Division which included Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Better rivalries would be formed.

Miami/Buffalo is the dumbest thing ever

then you do not know your history. Fins beat the Bills for 20 straight games, an entire decade. When Jimbo and co. whooped them in the 90's it was the greatest thing ever! At the same time, I think the Bills in the central would have been interesting given the geographic proximity to Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

The Miami rivalry was born out of "0 for the 70's". The current losing streak to the Pats* makes them our #1 rival.

PTR

then you do not know your history. Fins beat the Bills for 20 straight games, an entire decade. When Jimbo and co. whooped them in the 90's it was the greatest thing ever! At the same time, I think the Bills in the central would have been interesting given the geographic proximity to Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

The 20 straight wins and the kelly/marino connection were indeed the main reasons for the rivalry. Unfortunately players retire and those connections end. The longest lasting rivalries are based on geography. Ohio state Michigan, Mich/Mich state, UNC/Duke in basketball = just makes sense that these rivalries will last forever. Unfortunately realignment took place at a time when the Miami Buffalo rivalry was at the end of a very long life...lasted a few years but as the original poster points out its all but dead now. Playing Pittsburgh, Cleveland, an Cincinati twice a year, having large contingent of visiting fans at the home venue, would have made much more sense geographically. Unfortunately Ralph did not have this vision, I believe the quote was we sell out the Miami game every year.

Living in South Florida, let me assure you that down here they stopped caring about Buffalo years ago. The game is about as interesting to them rivalry-wise as a game against the Rams or Chiefs. Buffalo is simply irrelevant...not hated, not thought about, not worthy of dislike, just uninteresting and circled as a presumed win.

I didn't live through the 70s so I grew up watching the Bilsl always beat teh Fins. I'm indifferent to them. however, I hate the Pats (smug punks) and the Jets. I may actually hate teh Jets because of their obnxious fans who act like they have won something in 40 years. Plus, 2 of my best friends are Jets' fans and they are ruthless after Bills' losses.

Living in South Florida, let me assure you that down here they stopped caring about Buffalo years ago. The game is about as interesting to them rivalry-wise as a game against the Rams or Chiefs. Buffalo is simply irrelevant...not hated, not thought about, not worthy of dislike, just uninteresting and circled as a presumed win.

damn, everything u said in your post sucks. i sometimes hate that we have sunk so low....

Jacksonville's main rivalry is its own fan base showing up.

and why are we talking about jacksonville? can anybody tell me why when I post something on this board it always comes back to the jaguars? Im a Bills fan but Im starting to get pissed off at bills fans because they simply don't want to hear that are team might move. And you know what im talkin about. Just because I live in jacksonville and people here seem to not go to the games it's automatacally my fault. just get real " The Bills might move" I know you dont want to hear it but hear it. Jacksonville will probaly move also because people here simply dont care. And it's not like all i talk about are the bills moving on here.gessh

Joe, I was thinking more about this topic.

Imo, the rivalry isn't completely dead. Plus, Pennington is out and Porter is hurt. The reaction on this board is sure to be very ugly if we lose to Miami. VERY ugly. Jauron really might have problems if we lose.

Jmo.

There will still be excuses. Half of our defense is injured, the other half has broken bones. There is nothing saying Henne won't light us up just like Rosenfels did a couple years ago.

and why are we talking about jacksonville? can anybody tell me why when I post something on this board it always comes back to the jaguars? Im a Bills fan but Im starting to get pissed off at bills fans because they simply don't want to hear that are team might move. And you know what im talkin about. Just because I live in jacksonville and people here seem to not go to the games it's automatacally my fault. just get real " The Bills might move" I know you dont want to hear it but hear it. Jacksonville will probaly move also because people here simply dont care. And it's not like all i talk about are the bills moving on here.gessh

easy there Mr. Orlando Jaguar.

:thumbsup: