I really hate Dick Jauron's mentality

Got_Wood

Dick Jauron:

"Obviously there's going to be some growing pains there and they will just keep getting better, but they're going to struggle," coach Dick Jauron said. "They're going to struggle and they're going to learn every week, but they'll come back and fight you. It wasn't pretty. I was proud of the way they fought through kind of an ugly game but hung in there until the end."

Here's a quote from Rex Ryan in comparison:

"It is a long season," Ryan said. "We're placing a huge importance on the game. Sanchez said it's a 'must game,' I saw. You know what's great, that's how I feel. Every game is a must game. Baseball is a 162-game schedule, that would be a 10-game losing streak if you lost one game in the NFL. So that's how big it really is."

Here's a quote from Mike Singletary after their loss to the Vikings:

“I can’t really remember what my tone was last year. All I know is right now, when I look at the situation we had yesterday, we go on the road, we play a team, we lose, you come back, you’ve got a choice to make, do you dwell on that - ‘Wow, I wish we would have won the game. Man, I wish we would have done this differently. Man, I wish we would have done that differently.’ No. I think you take it. You’re man enough take it. You chew it. You spit it out. You learn from it and you get ready for the next game. You get ready for the next opportunity. I think winners let it go. Winners move forward. I think losers sit there and just wallow in it and talk about it all week. And, it screws you up for the next opportunity going forward. So, I think our focus has to be on the opportunity at hand. I’m very excited about the opportunity that we have this week in the team coming in."

THOSE are the guys I want leading my team. Not some whiny, "they're going to struggle" or "there's going to be some growing pains" BS! We need a guy in here to motivate and discipline our players, and outcoach the opponent. No more excuses.

Of all the reasons not to like Jauron, analyzing press conferences and quotes is the dumbest.

Why? The mentality he portrays is a direct influence on the team. For example, Rex gets fired up and gets his guys excited for games. What happens? They are 3-0. Dick tells his guys to go out there and try hard and if we win great. What happens to us? We are 1-2. The coaches demeanor has a huge impact on how the team plays. Dick's a loser and it shows in everything he says.

Of all the reasons not to like Jauron, analyzing press conferences and quotes is the dumbest.

This is the only time you hear the coaches voice. What else do we have to go on?

If this is the kind of halftime speech demeanor we can expect from our coach, it's upsetting. You wonder why we can't finish out games. Everyone is just depressed by the end because of an uninspiring coach.

Wrong!

How many more times can he say "the defensive scheme was very good, it took Lee and Terrell out of play". What? You're admitting to the world you're being out-coached weekly???? Scheme better, please!

His press conferences are all wrong....no fire, no passion, no swagger. Just a confused, book smart, old, white Ivy league guy who deep down is more conservative than Rush Limbaugh.

Defending anything Dickie J does should be considered a felony at this point.

Give me Mike Tomlin, Rex Ryan or Samurai Mike all day, every day.

Dick Jauron:

"Obviously there's going to be some growing pains there and they will just keep getting better, but they're going to struggle," coach Dick Jauron said. "They're going to struggle and they're going to learn every week, but they'll come back and fight you. It wasn't pretty. I was proud of the way they fought through kind of an ugly game but hung in there until the end."

I agree with you that Dick has a loser mentality and have been officially off of the Dick bandwagon since the Clowns game last year.

But my question to Dick would be, when in God's Green Earth will all this learning turn into wins? I remember 3 years ago in Dick's first seaon we almost beat Indy. We hung with them the whole game and then lost at the end. I'm thinkin. "man, we're close. We'll start winning these games against good teams." 3 years later we're still losing these games against good (and some not good) opponents the same exact way. Can we ever get over this hump we've been on for going on 4 seasons?

I want a coach that understands you win by scoring more points than your opponent, not the team that makes the fewest mistakes. And one that thinks it's OK to get ahead early and let the other guys play from behind and try to keep close to us. I don't care if he screams and hollers or not as long as he wins. Cower is a screamer. Tom Landry was not. Who won more Super Bowls?

Jauron's statements are kinda like the Mayor in Seattle who, after 2 weeks of record-breaking snow and the city's inability to clear the streets, said "I think we did a good job - I give us a B".

Guess who didn't get re-elected?

I'm just sayin.....

But my question to Dick would be, when in God's Green Earth will all this learning turn into wins? I remember 3 years ago in Dick's first seaon we almost beat Indy. We hung with them the whole game and then lost at the end. I'm thinkin. "man, we're close. We'll start winning these games against good teams." 3 years later we're still losing these games against good (and some not good) opponents the same exact way. Can we ever get over this hump we've been on for going on 4 seasons?

Exactly. It seems like we're always "learning" about our last loss. Always an ecxuse. Guess what, this team isn't so "young" anymore. They shouldn't be learning from better opponents. They should be good enough to BEAT their opponents.

Do you really love Jauron this much? The point of the post is that the coach sets the tone and mentality for the team. Yes, there are different styles and ways to go about it. Jauron has had three years + to set a tone in Buffalo and the results suggest he has not done it well.

You got to be kidding me dude! The same lack of passion press conference resonates in the lockeroom and on the sideline...hes a joke with no fire...do you ever have anything bad to say about this team? DECADE of no playoffs means its allowed and acceptable to bash the head coach or team

Wrong!

How many more times can he say "the defensive scheme was very good, it took Lee and Terrell out of play". What? You're admitting to the world you're being out-coached weekly???? Scheme better, please!

His press conferences are all wrong....no fire, no passion, no swagger. Just a confused, book smart, old, white Ivy league guy who deep down is more conservative than Rush Limbaugh.

Defending anything Dickie J does should be considered a felony at this point.

Give me Mike Tomlin, Rex Ryan or Samurai Mike all day, every day.

Has Dingyberry Dick ever heard of a plan B? Or of in-game offensive adjustments? Or of being more than semi-comatose on the sideline? Time to resign DD....use health reasons as a cover.

Dick Jauron:

"It is a long season," Ryan said. "We're placing a huge importance on the game. Sanchez said it's a 'must game,' I saw. You know what's great, that's how I feel. Every game is a must game. Baseball is a 162-game schedule, that would be a 10-game losing streak if you lost one game in the NFL. So that's how big it really is."

“I can’t really remember what my tone was last year. All I know is right now, when I look at the situation we had yesterday, we go on the road, we play a team, we lose, you come back, you’ve got a choice to make, do you dwell on that - ‘Wow, I wish we would have won the game. Man, I wish we would have done this differently. Man, I wish we would have done that differently.’ No. I think you take it. You’re man enough take it. You chew it. You spit it out. You learn from it and you get ready for the next game. You get ready for the next opportunity. I think winners let it go. Winners move forward. I think losers sit there and just wallow in it and talk about it all week. And, it screws you up for the next opportunity going forward. So, I think our focus has to be on the opportunity at hand. I’m very excited about the opportunity that we have this week in the team coming in."

THOSE are the guys I want leading my team. Not some whiny, "they're going to struggle" or "there's going to be some growing pains" BS! We need a guy in here to motivate and discipline our players, and outcoach the opponent. No more excuses.

I don't know, I'm not defending DJ, but your comparing his comments to a coach who just won his third straight game, and another who lost a close game for his first loss of the year. His offensive line is very young, and inexperienced. They will go through growing pains and struggle, should he scream at them and blow up the line again just because of a bad game?

im not a fan of jauron, but his quote and the Singletary quote are exactly the same.

"its was a tough game but you learn and move on"

i do like Mike's quote of "Winners move forward. I think losers sit there and just wallow in it and talk about it all week."

most on this board could use that advice

I don't know, I'm not defending DJ, but your comparing his comments to a coach who just won his third straight game, and another who lost a close game for his first loss of the year. His offensive line is very young, and inexperienced. They will go through growing pains and struggle, should he scream at them and blow up the line again just because of a bad game?

Ok then, here is a quote from Mike Tomlin following their recent loss to the Bengals. This is a 1-2 team just like us:

"We have to accept responsibility for our actions. We need to get back in the lab, turn over every stone possible to find a winning formula to get in this locker room and make us victorious. That’s the reality of it. We won’t run away from that. We will acknowledge that, and we accept responsibility for our actions.”

Dick Jauron:

Every time we lose he is saying the other guys have better or more expeirenced personnel. He likes our guys but they are very young and they make a lot of mistakes. It like a plea to Ralph and Brandon "get more talent if you want to win". The message to the fans is , "we are doing our best but our talent level really does not match some of the teams we have played". Oh and we have a lot of injuries too.

I would like to see him angry one time but i don't think he has it in him.

Every time we lose he is saying the other guys have better or more expeirenced personnel. He likes our guys but they are very young and they make a lot of mistakes. It like a plea to Ralph and Brandon "get more talent if you want to win". The message to the fans is , "we are doing our best but our talent level really does not match some of the teams we have played". Oh and we have a lot of injuries too.

I would like to see him angry one time but i don't think he has it in him.

Talent isn't the problem anymore. Marshawn, Freddy, TO, and Evans are arguably the best WR and RB combination in the league. Give another coach these guys, and you've got a Superbowl contender.