Fred Jackson is better then Adrian Peterson (2 games)

DIE HARD 1967

Adrian Peterson has 272 yards rushing and 42 receiving =314 total yards

Fred Jackson has 220 yards rushing and 108 yards receiving = 328 total yards

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

How is it that ESPN missed this stat when hyping the up the New Orleans Saints this week? :unsure:

Did you know that Fred Jackson has 10 more yards receiving then Terrell Owens? :beer:

Does Freddy Qualify for a liitle CREDIT from the national media?

I sent this stat to Mike and Mike at ESPN this morning and hopefully they will wake up, I suggest you do the same!

Lets flood ESPN with E-mail and get Freddy some credit!

Just something to think about before you replace Fred Jackson with Marshawn Lynch in week #4! (lol)

GO BILLS

-DIE HARD 1967

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it that ESPN missed this stat????

Just something to think about before you replace Fred Jackson with Marshawn Lynch (lol)

-DIE HARD 1967

Freddy is a darn good player. He's made our offensive line look pretty good the first two games. It will be very interesting to see what happens when Lynch comes back next week.

How is it that ESPN missed this stat????

Fred Jackson is getting the shaft from the national media in my opinion!

Just something to think about before you replace Fred Jackson with Marshawn Lynch in week #4! (lol)

-DIE HARD 1967

Teams game plan for adrien, not yet for freddy. Keep in mind that the vikings lack big play receivers so teams are more prone to load up the box. Great post though. I like the stats.

Team,

What needs to happen is Freddy staying the starter.........period. Marshawn is to much of a personal risk and has at times seemed to run to the wrong hole (s). Marshawn is a good talent. But not the right fit for the Bills. The Bills lockerrom has appeared to rally around Freddy, and for a young team, the lockerrom perception is immensely important. The BILLS FO should allow Marshawn time to "promote" his talents on the field as a backup to Freddie. Then the FO should trade Marshawn out of Buffalo by the trade deadline.

Team,

What needs to happen is Freddy staying the starter.........period. Marshawn is to much of a personal risk and has at times seemed to run to the wrong hole (s). Marshawn is a good talent. But not the right fit for the Bills. The Bills lockerrom has appeared to rally around Freddy, and for a young team, the lockerrom perception is immensely important. The BILLS FO should allow Marshawn time to "promote" his talents on the field as a backup to Freddie. Then the FO should trade Marshawn out of Buffalo by the trade deadline.

I am with you buddy!

Here's my take for what it's worth:

Definately keep Freddy as the feature back, Marshawn made his own bed now he has to sleep in it.

Keep Marshawn as a change of pace (smash em in the mouth) and for if Freddy gets hurt.

Also would be a real twister for opposing teams if we had a good two back play set.

Did you know that Fred Jackson has 10 more yards receiving then Terrell Owens? :unsure:

What made me laugh most about this was I was watch NFL PrimeTime... I think on Tuesday night where they go through the games and show how all the teams did. Sure enough the Bills/Bucs game was only worth a 30 second clip of Owen missing the pass through his hands and then his touchdown catch.

I personally prefer they keep Freddy off the main stage. He doesn't need national media attention to know he's good and hopefully, if he does care that he doesn't have the attention, that it will put a nice chip on his shoulder to keep being Lights, Camera, Action Jackson.

Freddy is a darn good player. He's made our offensive line look pretty good the first two games. It will be very interesting to see what happens when Lynch comes back next week.

Lynch is a great RB no doubt, but Freedy can read the holes, make people miss, and run them over!

Here's my take for what it's worth:

Definately keep Freddy as the feature back, Marshawn made his own bed now he has to sleep in it.

Keep Marshawn as a change of pace (smash em in the mouth) and for if Freddy gets hurt.

Also would be a real twister for opposing teams if we had a good two back play set.

I like the idea. You almost need two hight quality RB's to be successful in the NFL today. Esp with the no offense attack, having two fresh talented RB's would be a difficult thing for the D's to deal with.

i never understand why so many people care about what espn says or thinks...why would you care about that

the only people we need to worry about what they think are the Bills coaches and hope they do the right thing and keep Jackson as the starter when Lynch comes back because he has clearly earned it

i never understand why so many people care about what espn says or thinks...why would you care about that

the only people we need to worry about what they think are the Bills coaches and hope they do the right thing and keep Jackson as the starter when Lynch comes back because he has clearly earned it

I just think a little credit would be nice!

Team,

Initially, I would say that they can split carries 50-50, but then I think of Madden always saying that "when a team says that it has two backs, that really means that it doesn't have any." One of them is going to have to be the guy that gets 70% of the downs, including the ones at crunch time. I think that Marshawn is the better runner, but Lynch's versatility has been very valuable in the current offense.

Adrian Peterson is a once-in-a-decade RB. Jackson is proving to be a very good one. And I don't mind if Jackson is kept out of the national spotlight, given how great that turned-out for the Bills in Peters' case.

Well at least in Freddy's case, the attention would be for actual outstanding play.

Well for what it's worth, Fred Jackson has tons of attention from the fantasy football community. Most major sports website's fantasy pages have had Jackson as at least top 10 back for the last 2 weeks. ESPN loves him. I have both Jackson and Lynch on my team, and for fantasy purposes wish Lynch were suspended for the entire season.

Keep him under the radar as much as possible, but any Defensive Coordinator worth his pay already knows who Jackson is and what he can do.

As to Jackson better than Peterson, yeah Jackson has a few more total yards, but Peterson has 3 more touchdowns. With 1 point being the difference between 2-0 and 1-1 just one of those extra TDs that AP has would be great on our side.

WTF... Are you nuts? Lynch carried this offense behind a piece of sh*t OL for two years. I agree he should not be given the starting job back. The locker room would be fractured if he is just given the job back. My hunch is he goes down to Miami fresh and runs for 75-85 yards on about 12 carries. He is going to be a monster. Do you really think it is Fred Jackson that makes the screens work? It is the OL and AVP that have finally gotten this offense working. Lynch is going to be a stud when he comes back.

Guest dog14787
WTF... Are you nuts? Lynch carried this offense behind a piece of sh*t OL for two years. I agree he should not be given the starting job back. The locker room would be fractured if he is just given the job back. My hunch is he goes down to Miami fresh and runs for 75-85 yards on about 12 carries. He is going to be a monster. Do you really think it is Fred Jackson that makes the screens work? It is the OL and AVP that have finally gotten this offense working. Lynch is going to be a stud when he comes back.

Fred Jackson's capabilities as a receiver coming out of the backfield plus his Thurman Thomas like running style helps make our offense click properly. Opponents will have to defend against FJ's run now which in turn opens up the passing game where Fred Jackson also plays a big role.