Lets split this board

Jeffery Lester

I have an Idea lets split this board up. So all of the whiny bitches who do nothing but complain about Ralph Wilson being cheap, or Call Dick Jauron and Idiot. Or my personel favorite I want my Jason Peters back piners. Can have the forum on M, W, F. Where people who actually like and enjoy the Buffalo Bills can have the forum on Tue, Thur, Sat. I cannot take you whiny depressing bitches anymore. I know it is a free country and you can say anything you want. Just do it on your days. Let the rest of fans enjoy the Bills without all the negative dribble. GO BILLS, GO AWAY BILLS HATERS.

It might be more useful to divide it up between realists and "unrealists". The point being I think many people on here are realists about the good AND the bad about this team. They can provide criticism of our faults while still being optimistic and hopeful for a Bills win. Why would anyone who really did hate the Bills participate in a Bills forum? I am of course excluding trolls who come here to start trouble with us fans.

Some "unrealists" can't, won't or don't choose to see the faults and short comings of this team that are areas for improvement and concern. Some focus TOO much on the negative and some focus TOO much on blind optimism!

You can't ignore this teams strengths OR it's weaknesses and we should feel comfortable discussing both as that is what it is to be a fan of the Bills.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but where do the realists go?

i mean, i've got the Bills with the potential of being 5-3 at the bye, but not sure if that'll be enough to get them to the playoffs.

damn, me and trying to maintain my objectivity.

jw

Hey John,

Welcome back. Good to have you here.

WB

Hysterical how--according to some posters--you have to be blindly blissful in order to be a "real fan". News flash, Mr. Lester--"real fans" have opinions, and they don't have to share yours.

I've got an even better idea for you, Jeffrey: let's divide the board into those that are capable of reading another person's opinion without questioning their fandom, and those that are not. The first group can have the board Monday through Saturday, and the latter can have the board on Sunday, when the "real fans" are watching the game.

I like the way you think ... especially because I'm not normally here on Sundays, so I wouldn't have to deal with the lunatic fringes on both sides.

Who do you have them beating?

Bucs

Saints

Jets

Fins

Browns

Panthers

Texans

Maybe it's just me but I think I'd rather drink the Bills kool-aid than the Jets or Texans kool-aid. That is being a realist. I mean I look at all of the teams above and am thoroughly unimpressed. The Jets are probably the best looking team out of them, but seriously, when I look at our roster and our performance in the first two games, it is hard for me to see a team with a rookie starting QB who has not done anything special by any stretch of the imagination and who has absolutely zero weapons to throw to and have quivers of fear running down my spine.

Granted the Jets shut down the TEXANS and a listless Pats team with a rusty QB and no Wes Welker. I am thoroughly unimpressed. No team the Jets have faced are anywhere close to as dynamic on offense as the Bills. And I am quite confident that if NE can hold the Jets to a meager 16 points with their sickly looking defense, they are going to have trouble doing anything against us. Their greatest offensive strength is their running game, which happens to be our greatest defensive strength. So does anyone really believe Mark Sanchez and the talentless Jets passing game is going to beat us? I am a realist, and I will not be tasting any of that Kool Aid.

Would have worked even better if he called himself Prez instead of Senator .... but there is always that Texas Tech coach and offensive guru ..... I seem to not be able to recall his name :lol:

It worked just fine, B2 - damned funny too. :lol:

But it sounds like maybe I've been shirking my duties - big game for TT at 17th ranked Houston this weekend, and a bit of a re-union as well, as Houston OC Dana Holgerson and quality control coach Kliff Kingsbury both studied at the knee of...

Mike Leach

I think being a realist, as far as judging NFL teams goes, means that you have to accept the "any given Sunday" and "that's why they play the games" themes. The talent on teams is pretty close from an athletic standpoint and I think coaching, while very important, is somewhat overrated. In the end, I feel like a lot of it is about motivation on the players part.

Basically being a realist, in my mind, means that the odds are this Sunday, we lose, but it's by no means a foregone conclusion and there is enough evidence to suggest that the game may be close or we could win (i.e. San Diego game last year - holding down a powerful offense, weather, how our new RT holds up, howw their o-line holds up). Being a realist does not mean that you bet the odds and call it infallible logic.

By the way, good to have you back jw.

Absolutely...or, er nearly absolutely (relatively so)? Odds are fallible by definition. But they are most often correct- otherwise sports books would cease to exist. Even more so with long odds. So sure, "any given Sunday" but any given season....much less likely although it does happen and I hope it does with the Bills this year.. Wouldn't it be nice to be the favorite more often though? And pointing this out and searching for a cure is somehow disloyal? I don't think that makes anybody a less worthy fan.

It worked just fine, B2 - damned funny too. :lol:

But it sounds like maybe I've been shirking my duties - big game for TT at 17th ranked Houston this weekend, and a bit of a re-union as well, as Houston HC Dana Holgerson and quality control coach Kliff Kingsbury both studied at the knee of...

Mike Leach

Kingsbury's already made the move to coaching, eh? Wasn't that long ago when I talked to him at SJF ... or maybe it was ...

It might be more useful to divide it up between realists and "unrealists". The point being I think many people on here are realists about the good AND the bad about this team. They can provide criticism of our faults while still being optimistic and hopeful for a Bills win. Why would anyone who really did hate the Bills participate in a Bills forum? I am of course excluding trolls who come here to start trouble with us fans.

Some "unrealists" can't, won't or don't choose to see the faults and short comings of this team that are areas for improvement and concern. Some focus TOO much on the negative and some focus TOO much on blind optimism!

You can't ignore this teams strengths OR it's weaknesses and we should feel comfortable discussing both as that is what it is to be a fan of the Bills.

sorry, but the 3-13 prognosticators fall further into the whiny dimwit "unrealists" category more so than the "rose colored glasses" crowd who believe we will be 9-7 "unrealists" club.

So spare me the "realist" , "unrealists" horsecrap.

...I cannot take you whiny depressing bitches anymore....GO BILLS, GO AWAY BILLS HATERS.

So we can count on you to post nothing but positive spin the Monday after the Bills' next ugly or heart wrenching loss this season, right?? :lol:

I'll tell you what I can't take, it's you band wagon "bitches" who start defending the team while they are playing well, when you know damn well you'll be out here screaming like the rest of us after they play two bad games in a row. :lol:

It's a long season and there are constantly good and bad things to post about all year long. If you don't like the negative then don't choose to read it.

If you don't like the negative then don't choose to read it.

Good advice, let me suggest to those that don't want to read anything "negative" to choose to use the ignore function on approximately 35% of select boardmembers, and waalaaaaaa

"negativity" vastly diminished :lol:

Funny how some consider themselves "realists" for predicting 9-7, and anyone who predicted 3-13 "dimwitted unrealists". Shouldn't we allow the season to unfold a little more before we declare who is the dimwit? One win at home over a terrible team is a pretty small window of data to make such sweeping judgments.

Bad idea just let the board be what it is. Its a good thing for people to question the organization and for people to defend it. I myself am a realist. If I have good reason to believe that this team is going to be bad I say so and say why I think that way. Now if I think the team is going to be good or at least better than some think I say why.

Going into this season I thought 6-8 wins is where we were pegged with 6 or 7 wins getting Jauron canned and 8 or more he kept his job. Now after the O-line looking so good and the D playing up to its level along with Trent doing a better than average job I am cautiously optimistic about the season.

BUT there are reasons to be pessimistic. The Pats* game while we looked good we still lost and the Pats* might just be a above average team. The Bucs are terrible so while we won it wasn't a victory that inspires dreams of the playoffs. So we are off to a 1-1 start yet we have looked pretty good so far.

Lets see the O-line keep looking good without Butler. Lets see the D contain the NO offense (24 points or less is a realistic goal). Lets see Edwards, Owens, Evans, and Jackson and the No huddle keep putting up the points (24 points scored by the offense is realistic but odds are we are going to need more to win).

My point is that you let it mix and you leave out the Trolls who are just here to piss people off. There is reason for hope and reason for hate.

Funny how some consider themselves "realists" for predicting 9-7, and anyone who predicted 3-13 "dimwitted unrealists". Shouldn't we allow the season to unfold a little more before we declare who is the dimwit? One win at home over a terrible team is a pretty small window of data to make such sweeping judgments.

what's funny about it? Based on past history, 7-9 record, a 3-13 record is more unrealistic than 7-9. It's just simple math, and common sense, that's all.

Also, for the record, no one considered themself a "realist" for predicting a 9-7 record, mmkay :lol:

I have an Idea lets split this board up. So all of the whiny bitches who do nothing but complain about Ralph Wilson being cheap, or Call Dick Jauron and Idiot. Or my personel favorite I want my Jason Peters back piners. Can have the forum on M, W, F. Where people who actually like and enjoy the Buffalo Bills can have the forum on Tue, Thur, Sat. I cannot take you whiny depressing bitches anymore. I know it is a free country and you can say anything you want. Just do it on your days. Let the rest of fans enjoy the Bills without all the negative dribble. GO BILLS, GO AWAY BILLS HATERS.

How bout you shut the hell up and leave if you don't like it. I believe we're all on here because we're fans of the Bills. It does not mean we all have to agree on everything. Deal with it...as Steely Dan would say, "JACKASS!!!"

There is a third category and its called the REALIST and we are here 7 days a week whether you want to read it or not. We are neither optimistic nor pessimistic but see things as they really are it could be a positive spin or a negative spin either way its our choice to pen and your choice not to read so reduce the amount of time you are on this board and the rest of us will have as you put it one less "whiny depressing B word" on the board!!!!

but where do the realists go?

i mean, i've got the Bills with the potential of being 5-3 at the bye, but not sure if that'll be enough to get them to the playoffs.

damn, me and trying to maintain my objectivity.

jw

John W, Heard you on WGR55's Howard Simon show a few days ago. Thought you were a terrrific guest.

Some people don't believe in objectivity, or at least a reasonable degree of it. The TRUE BELIEVERS have this perverse notion that being a good fan means that you should shed your ability to observe and reason. To those lemmings having their hometown team ranked 29 out of 32 over the past decade is the fault of the critics. To these blind fans going nine consecutive years of a playoff drought is due to bad luck rather than gross incompetence. There is no doubt that Ralph Wilson appreciates your uncritical support. Even when he is in Toronto at the podium ridiculing the region he still appreciates your blind loyalty. :lol:

There is a third category and its called the REALIST and we are here 7 days a week whether you want to read it or not. We are neither optimistic nor pessimistic but see things as they really are it could be a positive spin or a negative spin either way its our choice to pen and your choice not to read so reduce the amount of time you are on this board and the rest of us will have as you put it one less "whiny depressing B word" on the board!!!!

What about those who are always pessimistic but say their just being realists? How about no one here knows crap, can't see into the future, etc., etc.... just sit back and watch, enjoy some football... and most importantly cheer on our beloved Buffalo Bills!!