Lets split this board

Jeffery Lester

What about those who are always pessimistic but say their just being realists? How about no one here knows crap, can't see into the future, etc., etc.... just sit back and watch, enjoy some football... and most importantly cheer on our beloved Buffalo Bills!!

Cheering on, sitting back,enjoying football and being correct and realistic (over the last 9 years) are not mutually exclusive.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, but the 3-13 prognosticators fall further into the whiny dimwit "unrealists" category more so than the "rose colored glasses" crowd who believe we will be 9-7 "unrealists" club.

So spare me the "realist" , "unrealists" horsecrap.

Man you like to try to pigeon hole people into your own little convenient boxes and then rail against them. I have not seen any people predicting a 3 - 13 season. Maybe there have been but I think they are in a very small group of people who deserve to voice their opinion. Other than you, who says someone predicting 9 - 7 is an "unrealist"???? Your arguing against the wall buddy in your imaginary world. I personally AM a realist and I think 9 - 7 is VERY doable.

I took your response seriously but I really think you're really just stirring the pot to try to get a rise out of people with that WAY off base assessment of the fan base.

Man you like to try to pigeon hole people into your own little convenient boxes and then rail against them. I have not seen any people predicting a 3 - 13 season. Maybe there have been but I think they are in a very small group of people who deserve to voice their opinion. Other than you, who says someone predicting 9 - 7 is an "unrealist"???? Your arguing against the wall buddy in your imaginary world. I personally AM a realist and I think 9 - 7 is VERY doable.

I took your response seriously but I really think you're really just stirring the pot to try to get a rise out of people with that WAY off base assessment of the fan base.

ummm you didn't get the gist of my rant, but that's ok. The 9-7 "unrealists" comment was mocking the one's who consider that to be unrealistic as I consider that to be more realistic than 3-13. Are we clear?

"7-9 isn't good enough."

"We haven't given the fans much to cheer about lately."

Guess those guys are just "pessimists." (That'd be Russ Brandon and Ralph Wilson for the record.)

What's amazing is that the owner and COO/GM can see plainly that there is work to do, yet the Polyanna fans just keep blaming the "negative pessimists". :lol:

John W, Heard you on WGR55's Howard Simon show a few days ago. Thought you were a terrrific guest.

Some people don't believe in objectivity, or at least a reasonable degree of it. The TRUE BELIEVERS have this perverse notion that being a good fan means that you should shed your ability to observe and reason. To those lemmings having their hometown team ranked 29 out of 32 over the past decade is the fault of the critics. To these blind fans going nine consecutive years of a playoff drought is due to bad luck rather than gross incompetence. There is no doubt that Ralph Wilson appreciates your uncritical support. Even when he is in Toronto at the podium ridiculing the region he still appreciates your blind loyalty. :lol:

i may or may not have posted this before, but here goes:

you think Mr. Wilson is harsh on Buffalo. he's pretty hard on his native Detroit, too. maybe even harder.

that said, i don't think i've been uncritical. rather, i hope i've been fair.

The AP was among the first to start writing about Bledsoe's demise half-way through his first season in Buffalo. The AP has questioned several moves the team has made, from draft busts to free-agent moves. nearly every big-picture story on the Bills that's moved on the wire has noted the team's playoff drought and compared it to the team's success in the 90s, while also noting the drought is now tied as the longest with Detroit.

have wrote this consistently on this board, too. Mr. Wilson is a straight-shooter and he has my respect, but that doesn't mean he and this team aren't open to some of the criticism that's been raised here and elsewhere. that said, i'll go no further in providing my opinions here on the radio or tv than i would in any piece i'd write for the wire.

to do otherwise, would be unfair to The AP, its members, readers and those whom i cover.

thanks for listening.

jw

and JohnC, i realize now you might not have been referring to me here. but i won't delete this post because i think it's important to remind those that wonder what the heck it is i do, and why i won't involve myself -- and will distance myself -- when it comes to some of the bashing some Bills members take on this board.

ummm you didn't get the gist of my rant, but that's ok. The 9-7 "unrealists" comment was mocking the one's who consider that to be unrealistic as I consider that to be more realistic than 3-13. Are we clear?

Didn't read the whole thread so I might have gotten things out of context. I do think I pegged you as a troll just trying to stir things up with your rant though.

Did I correctly get the gist of "Are we clear?" as you being an inflammatory d1ckhead?.... Or were you JUST concerned that I understood what your already quite simple explanation meant?

I have an Idea lets split this board up. So all of the whiny bitches who do nothing but complain about Ralph Wilson being cheap, or Call Dick Jauron and Idiot. Or my personel favorite I want my Jason Peters back piners. Can have the forum on M, W, F. Where people who actually like and enjoy the Buffalo Bills can have the forum on Tue, Thur, Sat. I cannot take you whiny depressing bitches anymore. I know it is a free country and you can say anything you want. Just do it on your days. Let the rest of fans enjoy the Bills without all the negative dribble. GO BILLS, GO AWAY BILLS HATERS.

i agree with you to a certain point. the whining can be too much at times. but like another poster said, dont read it. my advice, take it as "constructive criticism"

or do what i do. GET BACK TO WORK!

GO BILLS!

Did I correctly get the gist of "Are we clear?" as you being an inflammatory d1ckhead?.... Or were you JUST concerned that I understood what your already quite simple explanation meant?

well considering that you didn't understand :

"sorry, but the 3-13 prognosticators fall further into the whiny dimwit "unrealists" category more so than the "rose colored glasses" crowd who believe we will be 9-7 "unrealists" club."

I would say that I was JUST concerned that you weren't able to grasp another "quite simple explanation".

I have an Idea lets split this board up. So all of the whiny bitches who do nothing but complain about Ralph Wilson being cheap, or Call Dick Jauron and Idiot. Or my personel favorite I want my Jason Peters back piners. Can have the forum on M, W, F. Where people who actually like and enjoy the Buffalo Bills can have the forum on Tue, Thur, Sat. I cannot take you whiny depressing bitches anymore. I know it is a free country and you can say anything you want. Just do it on your days. Let the rest of fans enjoy the Bills without all the negative dribble. GO BILLS, GO AWAY BILLS HATERS.

<--- Pessimist.

But in any case variety is the spice of life. I like the optimists.