What are we doing about filling Schouman's roster spot?

PromoTheRobot

Bills just signed a new OT but I have not heard anything about filling Schouman's spot on the roster. Luckily his knee is only sprained but I doubt he can play for a few weeks. How many times can you activate a player from the Practice Squad? Or maybe we save that slot for next week when Marshawn comes off suspension?

PTR

if Schouman is only out for a few weeks, there would not be an empty roster spot.

but the team will probably create one so that they can carry at least 3 TEs don't you think? Hasn't happened yet, but I would be surprised if they go into the NO game with only 2 (Nelson's nicked up to boot).

I dont see what purpose Corey McIntyre serves on this team. We could go one week with only two backs and if we need one play with a fullback, just put Kyle Williams or Marcus Stroud back there and tell him to run as fast as he can and smack the first person he sees.

Denny has played TE in the past...

Schouman hasn't been ruled out officially for next week, right?

I was thinking they were doing that for Hardy's roster spot.

They can't move Hardy to the roster until after week 6 and they still need space for Lynch next week.

I dont see what purpose Corey McIntyre serves on this team. We could go one week with only two backs and if we need one play with a fullback, just put Kyle Williams or Marcus Stroud back there and tell him to run as fast as he can and smack the first person he sees.

:thumbsup: I have visions of Edwards getting smacked square in the back by his 'fullback'.

Through 2 games have McIntyre seen the field? (not STs)

I second that notion. There is no reason not to have a 300 lb fullback.

I've been wondering that since OTAs.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd think/hope he gets releases when Lynch comes back.

For the next week at least, McIntyre is our 3rd RB. A fairly necessary function IMO.

After that, he may well be released to make room for Lynch.

WRT The Pack signing Stupar, I believe we have "the right of 1st refusal". i.e. They request picking him up, we then have the option of bringing him up to the regular roster, or losing him. (I believe he also has the option of refusing & instead opting to stay on our PS. I recall that circumstance happening b4.)

For the next week at least, McIntyre is our 3rd RB. A fairly necessary function IMO.

After that, he may well be released to make room for Lynch.

WRT The Pack signing Stupar, I believe we have "the right of 1st refusal". i.e. They request picking him up, we then have the option of bringing him up to the regular roster, or losing him. (I believe he also has the option of refusing & instead opting to stay on our PS. I recall that circumstance happening b4.)

Josh Reed could easily play emergency RB in case both Jackson and Omon went down, and we went at least a series or two with five wide last game. I really think a 3rd RB is unnecessary for one game. And it is only because we really do need 2-3 TEs and if we only have one completely healthy and two relatively healthy, Stupar probably needs to be added. I just don't know who else you release right now if it's not McIntyre. Maybe Wendling, or Jenkins again, but that would surprise me more than the FB we don't use.

but the team will probably create one so that they can carry at least 3 TEs don't you think? Hasn't happened yet, but I would be surprised if they go into the NO game with only 2 (Nelson's nicked up to boot).

The Bills are in a deep hole here....The problem is you cannot move Schouman or Nelson to a PUP kind of thing unless moving them to IR. Since they account for a spot in the 53 man roster, they really need to release someone in other area so that they can move Stupar to the active roster.

The trade for Roscoe, if it happens this week, will help them out. I don't think they are going to cut Steve Johnson from the 53 man roster to accommodate a TE....I would rather have Steve Johnson added to the game day active 44 man list.

:thumbdown::doh: