Parrish chasing down Piscitelli

MattF2000

I couldn't find a thread anywhere so was just curious about the thoughts on the play. Being at the game it looked like Piscitelli was going to return it for a touchdown with ease. Seemed Roscoe really turned it on and caught up to him to save a TD. I know TB scored on the next play but I thought it was a pretty serious effort on Roscoe's part to run him down. Especially considering he hasn't been the happiest with his role in the offense. I'm not sure most receivers put that much effort to run down an opposing DB with that big of a head start. I was at the game so maybe it looked better than it really was too.. Anyone else impressed by this play? Thoughts?

I think most people were thinking that the guy that hit jackson to force the fumble was supposed to be blocked by roscoe in the first place. So if roscoe didn't miss his block, their might not have been a fumble in the first place. Roscoe was quick. And if i remember correctly, edwards caught up to them toward the end too.l

I couldn't find a thread anywhere so was just curious about the thoughts on the play. Being at the game it looked like Piscitelli was going to return it for a touchdown with ease. Seemed Roscoe really turned it on and caught up to him to save a TD. I know TB scored on the next play but I thought it was a pretty serious effort on Roscoe's part to run him down. Especially considering he hasn't been the happiest with his role in the offense. I'm not sure most receivers put that much effort to run down an opposing DB with that big of a head start. I was at the game so maybe it looked better than it really was too.. Anyone else impressed by this play? Thoughts?

I rated it as very Beebe-ish. Never quit!

It was on a blown play but I think it sparked the Bills a bit.

I think most people were thinking that the guy that hit jackson to force the fumble was supposed to be blocked by roscoe in the first place. So if roscoe didn't miss his block, their might not have been a fumble in the first place. Roscoe was quick. And if i remember correctly, edwards caught up to them toward the end too.l

^ this.

Yes, Roscoe's lack of physicality definitely contributed to the turnover happening in the first place.

And I've spent a good part of my day making the argument that he should be traded.

Those things said, it was a great hustle play by Roscoe and only makes me think well of him as a football player.

Even though roscoe, missed the block, you can't blame him for that fumble. That was just a piss poor fumble by jackson.

Really? I tend to put that in the category of a "fluke". Did you walk away from the game thinking less of Jackson's carrying ability?

Roscoe missing a block wasn't the reason Jackson fumbled.

Indirectly, you could make an argument that it was. The TB defender tackling Jackson was the guy that Roscoe should have blocked. The defender didn't cause the fumble - the ball just jumped out of Jackson's hands - but if he wasn't there trying to make the play, who says Jackson definitely fumbles?

Splitting hairs, yes, but it's all connected.

I rated it as very Beebe-ish. Never quit!

It was on a blown play but I think it sparked the Bills a bit.

:rolleyes:

I don't care if he screwed up. He made up for it by atoning for it. That dude is fast. I'd be willing to bet that after Lee he is the fastest guy on the team. That play was jaw dropping.

Indirectly, you could make an argument that it was. The TB defender tackling Jackson was the guy that Roscoe should have blocked. The defender didn't cause the fumble - the ball just jumped out of Jackson's hands - but if he wasn't there trying to make the play, who says Jackson definitely fumbles?

Splitting hairs, yes, but it's all connected.

Is Roscoe supposed to hold a block for half an hour now? That play took forever to develop.

Roscoe is REALLY FAST.

We NEED to get him more involved somehow, especially with the line shaping up well (giving more time to develope plays/routes)

Aye aye aye---enough already with the "we need to get him more involved" crap. Involved as what??

He chased down Vito Piscitelli---now he's Usain Bolt?

Come on--Trent almost caught this guy.

Yes, Roscoe's lack of physicality definitely contributed to the turnover happening in the first place.

And I've spent a good part of my day making the argument that he should be traded.

Those things said, it was a great hustle play by Roscoe and only makes me think well of him as a football player.

Agree with all points.

Really? I tend to put that in the category of a "fluke". Did you walk away from the game thinking less of Jackson's carrying ability?

I thought it was both. Jackson just kind-of lost the ball as his arm came up and out, which should really never happen...but to fumble it straight up into the air and into the hands of an opposing player is weird as hell.

I really don't remember Trent being anywhere near the tackle but again I was at the game. It seemed there was close to ten yard difference between Parrish and the defender and he really gained ground. I was impressed by the hustle that's all. Not saying Parrish should or shouldn't be traded. Anyone know where to see a clip of this?

If Parrish blew the block then that is not good. However, the fumble was clearly Jackson's fault and had almost nothing to do with a possible missed block. With that being said, I'll take a fumble like that in exchange for how well Jackson has been playing.