1. 1. Who is better, Jackson or Lynch?

• Jackson
    • Lynch

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

Fred Jackson is getting two thirds of the votes which doesn't surprise me.

Jackson was also highly praised by TE in a recent interview.

Here's an opinion from a prominent fantasy football writer:

"Bill RB Fred Jackson is hands-down a better back than Marshawn Lynch. They have to split the carries at the very least. He’s better for the offense they are running. Jackson came on our show on Sirius Friday night (so, of course, he went off that weekend; that happens 80% of the time) and told me he was only 5’9” 130 pounds in high school. A late bloomer, and that’s why he wasn’t drafted. Great guy, great player. "

They are both very good. Freddy does a couple things better and I think Marshawn does a few things better. IMO, if Lynch had the exact same holes and passes thrown his way on MNF, the results would have been equal or better even than Fred. Lynch in space is extremely hard to bring down with one guy and he rarely had the room that Jackson had on MNF. I also think that even with how well Jackson has looked almost every time he plays, if Marshawn wasn't suspended, he would be getting 2/3 of the touches and Freddy 1/3 from the coaching staff.

I can't wait to see Lynch run with this offense (if of course the OL play wasn't a fluke), it's going to be fun to watch.

That's not at all a knock on Jackson. I love the player and think the Bills should have paid him more than they did. He is just an excellent 1-B back.

Guest dog14787
They are both very good. Freddy does a couple things better and I think Marshawn does a few things better. IMO, if Lynch had the exact same holes and passes thrown his way on MNF, the results would have been equal or better even than Fred. Lynch in space is extremely hard to bring down with one guy and he rarely had the room that Jackson had on MNF. I also think that even with how well Jackson has looked almost every time he plays, if Marshawn wasn't suspended, he would be getting 2/3 of the touches and Freddy 1/3 from the coaching staff.

I can't wait to see Lynch run with this offense (if of course the OL play wasn't a fluke), it's going to be fun to watch.

That's not at all a knock on Jackson. I love the player and think the Bills should have paid him more than they did. He is just an excellent 1-B back.

I disagree, in my opinion Fred Jackson should stay the starter, especially if he keeps performing like he did against the Pats.

Guest dog14787
They are 2 different backs.

Lynch is a bruiser...Fred is more finesse.

If Lynch would run less like a bruiser and more like Fred Jackson he could be a more productive RB. Lynch's doesn't have the size to run like a big bruiser in the NFL, not in my opinion anyway.

Marshawn Lynch could really learn allot watching a man like Fred Jackson.

Who knows, maybe he will...

I for one can't wait to see Lynch get a shot at running behond this o-line. I honestly can't believe how well they did against NE. Lynch behind Wood on 1st and ten will be 2 and short a number of times a game. This is going to be awesome for the play-action. I would say at this time Jackson seems the more polished runner to the outside but beast mode is qoing to be awesome to watch between the tackles. I just wish he was back for the NO game. Lynch and Jackson could keep thier offense off the field for long stretches of the game.

Guest dog14787
I for one can't wait to see Lynch get a shot at running behond this o-line. I honestly can't believe how well they did against NE. Lynch behind Wood on 1st and ten will be 2 and short a number of times a game. This is going to be awesome for the play-action. I would say at this time Jackson seems the more polished runner to the outside but beast mode is qoing to be awesome to watch between the tackles. I just wish he was back for the NO game. Lynch and Jackson could keep thier offense off the field for long stretches of the game.

It is going to make for a lethal one, two punch, no doubt about it.

If Lynch would run less like a bruiser and more like Fred Jackson he could be a more productive RB. Lynch's doesn't have the size to run like a big bruiser in the NFL, not in my opinion anyway.

Okay, here's where I got to say you're wrong. He may be only 5'11 but he's 225 pounds of pure muscle. I'm 5'11 too and weigh 200 (not all muscle...) and the pic I have with him makes me look like his anorexic cousin! He's built like a pure tank! He likes cruisin' for a bruisin'. He's a Brandon Jacobs back. They're used as a way of wearing defenses down. You think they like repeatedly having 225 pounds pounding straight into them all game?

Recall the NYJ game last year. By the end of the game, the Jets D were screaming "No Mas!" anytime we handed the ball to him and he was just plowing them for 10 yard gains. Of course, Dumb Dumb Jauron decides to call a roll out and trust the ball to JP and ....well you know the rest.

We need to use BOTH RBs. 50/50, 60/40 whatever! If Dick can't figure how to use two premiere, different-styled backs effectively, he's more of a lost cause than we had ever thought.

Marshaun is bigger than Walter Payton was. I think he plays a very similar style to Payton..................NOT A BAD THING.

Guest dog14787
Okay, here's where I got to say you're wrong. He may be only 5'11 but he's 225 pounds of pure muscle. I'm 5'11 too and weigh 200 (not all muscle...) and the pic I have with him makes me look like his anorexic cousin! He's built like a pure tank! He likes cruisin' for a bruisin'. He's a Brandon Jacobs back. They're used as a way of wearing defenses down. You think they like repeatedly having 225 pounds pounding straight into them all game?

Recall the NYJ game last year. By the end of the game, the Jets D were screaming "No Mas!" anytime we handed the ball to him and he was just plowing them for 10 yard gains. Of course, Dumb Dumb Jauron decides to call a roll out and trust the ball to JP and ....well you know the rest.

We need to use BOTH RBs. 50/50, 60/40 whatever! If Dick can't figure how to use two premiere, different-styled backs effectively, he's more of a lost cause than we had ever thought.

Marshawn only wishes he was a Brandon Jacobs back, now when you say big bruiser thats what I'm talking about , 6'4 270 lbs of mean running machine coming at you with bad intentions.

Marshawn's not that guy, but he can run and that's what he needs to do in my opinion, find the hole turn on the jets and run.

I think they both have different skill sets and both are very valuable to us. Jackson is the better receiver and is a very slippery runner. Lynch is the guy you want hammering into people and in short yardage situations...he is also a pretty good receiver as well, but Jackson is special in that category...

I say Jackson. He is in much better shape, has a better burst, is a better receiver, has a much better attitude, and is much, much smarter. Lynch is good for some brute force, but Freddie just brings more to the table.

Endzone Animal = Skooby

Bucky Gleason agrees with us:

Lynch is a powerful back, but Jackson is a better one. He's more suited for the Bills' no-huddle attack. He's a better receiver and more elusive in the open field, which fits the Bills' short-passing game. The Bills should keep him as their primary back and change the pace with Lynch rather than the other way around.

Compare their character, and it's no contest. Jackson has been humble since he arrived while Lynch has been nothing but trouble. He's not worth the aggravation. He can easily be replaced. For all the mistakes Lynch has made off the field, his biggest was opening the door for Jackson on the field.

I say Jackson. He is in much better shape, has a better burst, is a better receiver, has a much better attitude, and is much, much smarter. Lynch is good for some brute force, but Freddie just brings more to the table.

Between the 20's, I would want Jackson running the ball. Redzone, I would want Lynch running the ball. Overall, I feel Jackson is a better RB, he's great at catching the ball and especially getting yards after the catch. It's very rare that you see Jackosn drop a ball.

Let's keep this in perspective here:

Jackson rushed for 3.8 ypc (tied for 21st in the NFL through 1 week in ypc among RBs with at least 10 carries) on Monday night, and was effective in the short passing game partly due to the fact that New England sold out to stop Evans and Owens.

He's a quality back, and I'm thrilled to have him...but Lynch is clearly more talented. Try to remember that Jackson has been playing football about 6 years longer than Lynch, and I don't care if it's in NFL Europe, the Arena League, whatever, that type of experience definitely helps. I believe Lynch will get more comfortable hitting the holes (now that it appears as though there will actually be holes to hit) and will become more and more productive.

But as I said, it's really, really nice to have them both.

Lynch is not more talented, only more powerful. He is not more elusive, he is not a better blocker, he is not a better receiver, he does not read his blocks as well, he's not as well conditioned, and he doesn't make smarter decisions on or off the field.

Power is just one aspect of the game. Lynch can move a pile better, can lower the boom better when he gets a head of steam going, but other than that he does nothing better, and Bucky is right to say he, rather than Freddie, is who should be the change-of-pace and short yardage back off the bench.