thoughts on aaron maybin?

loyal2dagame

I pray I am wrong - but I think Maybin is miscast as a DE in a 4-3 defense. In a 3-4, he could be a Suggs type player, but with us, I am hoping he develops another 2 moves and get's to an Anthony Hargrove type level of performance. What I noticed last night was that he had one move and that was it....

I know people will be critical of the opinion, but I think 11 was way to high for what he is....

i think maybin played a decent game, but i was a little saddened by the fact he was pass rushing identicle to schobel. run past the qb and try to get back before the ball is gone.

If Maybin is half as productive as Schobel has been in his career it will have been a very good pick for one.

Two, Schobel was great last night.

Three, DE's almost always go AROUND the tackle, so why you people complain about schobel doing it is beyond me. DE's are smaller and not as strong typically to bull rush a 300lb+ lineman. They use quickness and most often go around the outside becuase it gives them the cleaner route to the QB and keeps them one on one with the tackle. If its there, they will spin inside and Schobel spins inside too...

I swear, its hilarious (especially after last nights game) seeing all the negativity about one of the better DE's in the NFL.

If Maybin is half as productive as Schobel has been in his career it will have been a very good pick for one.

Three, DE's almost always go AROUND the tackle, so why you people complain about schobel doing it is beyond me. DE's are smaller and not as strong typically to bull rush a 300lb+ lineman. They use quickness and most often go around the outside becuase it gives them the cleaner route to the QB and keeps them one on one with the tackle. If its there, they will spin inside and Schobel spins inside too...

I swear, its hilarious (especially after last nights game) seeing all the negativity about one of the better DE's in the NFL.

i'm not saying anything about schobel's play yesterday. i just think that it would be better for the bills to have de's with different pass rush styles on each side rather than having both run 5 yards past the qb and try to get back on just about every play

The main thing that I am worried about is that Maybins good preseason performances were from the same spot as Schobels position, so now he is rushing from the opposing side. Big difference, and I'm a bit concerned that he can be effective from this side.

i thought maybin was good last nite, in time i think he'll develop into a productive player for us. Whether he stays at defensive end or is utilized in more of a lee suggs type of role or dare i say derrick thomas, he's got great speed & just looking at him on the field, he looks like he's gonna be a beast.

I hate to beat a dead horse here but i'm still pissed that we cut Copeland Bryan and kept both denney and kelsay. Now with Kelsay likely to be out, i sure woulda like to have CB around, there was nothing Denney or Kelsay could do that Bryan couldnt do.

Too bad about Poz, he's quickly becoming the Tim Connolly of the Bills. that pick is really looking like a bust, such a shame not only for us but for him as he really seems like a good kid. I wonder if we'll pick up Pat Thomas or Derrick Brooks.

Maybin's arms look like two rubber bands. Has a chest the size of a sparrow for a DE. Appeared to get thrown around like a rag doll for 90% of the game.

At this time, no way is he a true defensive end.

His future is as a speed rusher/coverage linebacker or he needs to put on some serious body mass.

Maybin's arms look like two rubber bands. Has a chest the size of a sparrow for a DE. Appeared to get thrown around like a rag doll for 90% of the game.

His future is as a speed rusher/coverage linebacker or he needs to put on some serious body mass.

<_<

He's 20 years old - give it time..

if he eats some of the good wny foods, he'll have no problem adding some serious body mass.

Really?

http://www.powertrainsports.com/combine-tr...and-fitness.jpg

It seems to me teams are respecting his talent but his ability is not there yet. From what I could see, seems like the Pats committed 2 linemen for him early on then only the LT later in the game. Maybin actually appears somewhat tentative and slow to me, but because the LT is usually backing up so fast to respect his speed, it gives the illusion Maybin can get up the field in a hurry. He takes a bunch of short steps coming off the line, not the power strides I'm hoping for from a DE.

Don't get me wrong, I think he has talent and will be a good player, I just think that right now he is feeling his way through things. He's obviously developing a spin move, but it seemed mostly ineffective last night.

He's young enough to learn a good spin inside, unlike Schobel. I expect him to only get better at shedding linemen and going inside.

Why are people trashing Schobel?

He was clearly the best pass-rusher on the field.

I guess a sack, 1 int, and 1 TD. Not to mention the numerous times he forced Brady to get rid of the ball is not good enough for people's crazy expectations. You guys are right, we need to cut Schobel. Obviously, he is no better than other teams' backups.

Kyle Williams, another bum. That offensive line, no future. Alex Van Pelt, only reason he is not the towel boy is he comes cheap.

We should bring in expensive players and coaches with big names. How about Norv Turner or Chan Gailey.

Trade Schobel for Kabeer Olarewaju Gbaja-Biamila (KGB). Kyle Williams for Chris Hovan or Tank Johnson.

That will fix our problems.

+1