I'm not sure about you guys, but watching Fred Jackson last night

SDS

If Marshall Faulk, in his prime, is only worth a 2nd and a fifth rounder, Lynch gets you a 4th at best. This idea is flawed on almost every level. Jackson's age, Lynch's or any RB's trade value, Bills lack of depth at RB, improved offensive line play (which is a good reason why Freddy did what he did lastnight). Outside of Lynch's off the field issues, I can't think of one reason to trade Marshawn.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, shouldn't we give Lynch an opportunity to run behind the revamped o-line before we annoint Jackson the better back...I mean, the guy has rushed for 1,100 yds in each of his first two seasons. Granted, Jackson had some good games at the tail end of last season (after Lynch took the brunt of the pounding over the first 14 weeks) and looked good last night, but overall I think Lynch is the more talented, capable back.

Let's see how he does when he comes back.

One thing's for sure though, I wouldn't come close to entertaining the idea of trading either guy. Why mess with such a potent backfield combination when you don't have to?

Honestly I think it was the pay calling. Running the screens, draw plays, hitting receivers in stride. It was fun to watch...

I thought the play calling was excellent! Screens and draws, what a concept...

And I am in the Jackson as #1 camp, but they make a great 1-2 punch.

Guys, shouldn't we give Lynch an opportunity to run behind the revamped o-line before we annoint Jackson the better back...I mean, the guy has rushed for 1,100 yds in each of his first two seasons. Granted, Jackson had some good games at the tail end of last season (after Lynch took the brunt of the pounding over the first 14 weeks) and looked good last night, but overall I think Lynch is the more talented, capable back.

One thing's for sure though, I wouldn't come close to entertaining the idea of trading either guy. Why mess with such a potent backfield combination when you don't have to?

i agree 100%. time will tell us who is the better back. after 1 game, we give fj the #1 job. i dont think so.

and the idea of trading lynch is really really stupid! even if i entertain the idea that fj is the better back, what the hell is wrong with a 1-2 punch like the giants or the cowboys.

lets trade t.o. for dropping a pass. see i can be stupid too.

Freddy played a great game and played well at end of last but he needs to show he can handle the number of plays a RB gets before he is labeled as a #1 back. Of course as soon as he is if Jason Peters is his model he will skip training camp and off-season workouts, show up late out of shape and demand his contract be reworked.

looked an awful lot like Thurman Thomas last night. Catching those screens, the patient running, the sliding through the holes on off-tackle runs...

Anyone else get that impression?

That's exactly what I was thinking too.

The way he waited for his blocks was pure Thurmanesque.

I've only had a chance to see Lynch in a few games, but I gotta say... Fast Freddies performance last night was the best running I've seen by a Bill in a long long time.

:wallbash:

looked an awful lot like Thurman Thomas last night. Catching those screens, the patient running, the sliding through the holes on off-tackle runs...

SDS, functionally they have many of the same assets. But stylistically I have to disagree.

Stylewise, Jackson is more of a strider/glider. Reminds me more of an Eric Dickerson type style.

Agree. But any of these comparisons are good news for the Bills

Now we're getting somewhere. Jackson IS a long strider while Thurman had quick feet and took small steps.

When I saw the original post, the first running back I thought of was Marcus Allen. Both long striders with deceptive speed, both very smooth catching the ball, both effective taking a toss from a deep set, and both one cut and go runners. Same body types too. They both like to lunge and dive when near the goal line or first down yardage, using their long bodies to lay out for more yardage.

Allen was listed as 6'2" and 210 pounds. Fred Jackson 6'1" and 215 pounds.

I think Jackson's game is uncannily like Marcus Allen's and yes, I agree with many people that he's a better running back than Marshawn is.

Guest dog14787

Now that you mention it, yes he did. :wallbash:

That's exactly what I thought, watching the game.

Even Thurman said the same thing on WGR...he said something like "Fred Jackson reminded of someone else I know" and started laughing...

I have saying this since early last year...good to see people finally seeing the same thing...