So...Are we contenders now?

murra

It's weird being one of the only optimistic people in Buffalo right now, but I'm feeling good. Clearly we should have won that game, but to be honest, we didn't lose because of coaching for the first time in forever. Sure, you'll argue about the 8 second runoff before that last timeout, but let's be real... AVP coached his a$$ off, and we held Brady in check all day.

Basically, everyone is furious because we found a way to lose, but I'm thinking...if that was the best team in the league...and Fred Jackson is healthy, who is going to stop us this season?

(In nicer words) I can't wait until our division deciding week 15 match-up.

It's weird being one of the only optimistic people in Buffalo right now, but I'm feeling good. Clearly we should have won that game, but to be honest, we didn't lose because of coaching for the first time in forever. Sure, you'll argue about the 8 second runoff before that last timeout, but let's be real... AVP coached his a$$ off, and we held Brady in check all day.

Basically, everyone is furious because we found a way to lose, but I'm thinking...if that was the best team in the league...and Fred Jackson is healthy, who is going to stop us this season? I'm ready for a week 15 rematch for the mother f*cking division, who's with me?

murra, I'm on board! That was a hell of game that should show this team that they can play with ANY team in the league. One game does not a season make, but losing by 1 (from some rookie mistakes and, well, Leodis) to the Pats is a hell of a start...

The Bills will never be contenders under Jauron because they lose games they should win 95/100 times. How can it be possible the Bills get in situation where statistics dictate they should win 95 out of every 100 games under similar circumstances, yet still lose virtually 100% of the time??

The few positives I took from this game:

1. The screen pass was an amazing thing to see in a Bills uniform! We need more of that.

2. The effect of TO opening the middle of the field for Freddy J.

3. Freddy J

4. AVP had some solid play calling, although many were saying the same thing about Schonert

5. Run D looked solid for the most part

My big peeves:

1. Detrimental Bell and his penalties - killed some drives

2. Obviously McKelvin's return

3. Clock management during last possession

4. Can we please cover the comeback?

You can only be a contender when you know HOW TO CLOSE OUT a game. This coaching staff has no !@#$ing clue how to close a door, let alone a football game. As long as these morons are coaching this team, they are far from contending for anything except high draft picks. And even then, they !@#$ that up.

Basically, everyone is furious because we found a way to lose, but I'm thinking...if that was the best team in the league...and Fred Jackson is healthy, who is going to stop us this season? I'm ready for a week 15 rematch for the mother f*cking division, who's with me?

I feel good and bad. That was a completely demoralizing loss and I feel really bad for Leodis but its just one game. The Bills played their asses off and besides some questionable playcalling at the end they played great. I feel better about the rest of the season but last year they started off 4-1 and ended up doing terrible. I'm also worried about Poz but they finally have a good group of players.

I'm with you.

It's also worth pointing out that the Pats win like this all the time over the league's better teams.

I'm upset but not as upset as the Dallas game. There's no point in killing yourself over the first regular season game when you had SO many questions going into it. Most of those questions were answered positively. Bell had dumb penalties, but I bet he won't make those same mistakes next week. We had 3 o-lineman who never played an NFL snap and a O-Cordinator who never called a play and yet the offense moved the ball and scored points against the defensive genius Belichick.

The Bills are a laughing stock. They always find a way to lose "exciting" games. I remember feeling the same way about the Dallas game a couple years ago. The Bills are always good enough to look like they should win, but they do STUPID things to lose the game. Whether it's a FG wide right, or a last minute kick off return that looks like a forward pass but isn't, or a huge lead blown against Dallas, or this pathetic showing last night, the Bills simply can't finish. They're not closers. I'm a long time Bills fan that feels absolutely disgusted right now.

So a competitive 5-11 season is better than a blow out 5-11 season?

They did way better than we thought. If the bills were losing and came back to lose by one, everyoine would feel better about it.

To answer you topic, yes. We are contenders. I don't think it was AVP calling the plays so lets give Trent the credit he deserves. AVP made a huge impact, to be sure, and he's only been OC for a week or two, so when we are in sync I think this thing is going to be something to see. Credit DJ and Trent because they both performed so far beyond what you would expect if all you knew about football was what you read on these boards. I am certainly with you for the rematch. The Bills are STRONG. woot.

BTW, they added time back onto the clock on that timeout. I guess you didn't notice that.

The few positives I took from this game:

1. The screen pass was an amazing thing to see in a Bills uniform! We need more of that.

2. The effect of TO opening the middle of the field for Freddy J.

3. Freddy J

4. AVP had some solid play calling, although many were saying the same thing about Schonert

5. Run D looked solid for the most part

My big peeves:

1. Detrimental Bell and his penalties - killed some drives

2. Obviously McKelvin's return

3. Clock management during last possession

4. Can we please cover the comeback?

and a long wait for Poz to come back from injury... Teams will attack the middle now.

The Bills will never be contenders under Jauron because they lose games they should win 95/100 times. How can it be possible the Bills get in situation where statistics dictate they should win 95 out of every 100 games under similar circumstances, yet still lose virtually 100% of the time??

Good commentary murra. Quit the Jaron bashing thing matter2003 you jerk. He had nothing to do with tonight's loss. Did DJ fumble or have a penalty called on him? If you ever played any sport you would know that attitude and confidence win. Just like sticking an approach shot for birdie or getting your first 300 in bowling - it's easier afterward. The players have to learn to win on their own! After tonight's game they should take the positives and build on them.

Good commentary murra. Quit the Jaron bashing thing matter2003 you jerk. He had nothing to do with tonight's loss. Did DJ fumble or have a penalty called on him? If you ever played any sport you would know that attitude and confidence win. Just like sticking an approach shot for birdie or getting your first 300 in bowling - it's easier afterward. The players have to learn to win on their own! After tonight's game they should take the positives and build on them.

Yes I played sports growing up and in college. I also know that teams take on the demeanor of their coach more often in football than in any other sport. That's all you need to know about the Bills to know they will consistently lose games that are virtually impossible to lose every year until he is gone...

Funny I never seem to remember this sort of thing happening to a Parcells coached team, let alone happening virtually every time they are in this situation...the situation is too big for Jauron to handle...that is the ultimate issue...

Don't compare this to the Dallas game. The Bills played far better tonight than they did against the Cowboys.

Agreed. They played much better than I expected and it was actually entertaining til the end. Losing Sucks but there obviousy is some talent (Freddie, Schoeble, Trent and maybe the O line as it develops) and they may be middle of the pack again in the NFL. So...get the Sunday ticket or not...cable really sucks and I hate giving RW my money,even indirectly. Was that game enough to make the change? I'm not sure. Any comments? Option 2, root for the Titans on cable and bet against more misery....actually sounds like the best option right now but likely won't. Guess its a few more weeks of watching scores and bad internet feeds to decide. Why can't they just be good? ...never mind, we all know and he won't likely die for years given the Bills luck. :censored:

Yes I played sports growing up and in college. I also know that teams take on the demeanor of their coach more often in football than in any other sport. That's all you need to know about the Bills to know they will consistently lose games that are virtually impossible to lose every year until he is gone...

Funny I never seem to remember this sort of thing happening to a Parcells coached team, let alone happening virtually every time they are in this situation...the situation is too big for Jauron to handle...that is the ultimate issue...

You seem content to place this issue into a nice tidy box with a bow. You are comparing DJ to Parcells one of the best coaches of all time. How about Tony Dungy, a very good coach also. He seems to have the same characteristics as DJ. A quit and confident coach. TD had a little over 500 win/loss record until the Payton Manning days. It's not always the coach. In your theory Marv Levy should not have been coach with Bills during the glory days because he previously could not win. Funny how your stock goes up as a coach when you have players. And speaking of the glory years that was a team that played with attitude and confidence.