Bills leaving Buffalo?

Rudyc80

DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER...got this froma nother site

"Add the Bills to the short list of teams being mentioned as relocation candidates for Los Angeles. They join the Vikings and the Saints. Scratch the Colts, who are close to a deal with the city of Indianapolis for a retractable-roof stadium."

-- Philadelphia Daily News

"Add the Bills to the short list of teams being mentioned as relocation candidates for Los Angeles. They join the Vikings and the Saints. Scratch the Colts, who are close to a deal with the city of Indianapolis for a retractable-roof stadium."

114872[/snapback]

I think an expansion team goes to LA. All the owners will get $ instead of just the one moving.

This is such a non issue...  I don't know why it keeps getting brought up.  The bills are always selling out there games.  The exception was Arizona on Halloween.  A team like New Orleans will move long before Buffalo.

115326[/snapback]

Just to be clear, selling tickets is only one reason a team stays in a city. The other reasons are market size (i.e advertising money) and corporate sponsorship. Buffalo is a bottom feeder in both categories. Every city sells tickets when a team wins.

There's a lot of denial on this board, and that's okay if it makes people feel better, but the honest truth is there is only one reason the Bills are in Buffalo. That reason is Ralph Wilson. Sadly the Bills will be gone from Buffalo within 5 years after his death unless a WNY buyer steps forward. List all the justifictions you want, but there are numerous communities better suited than Buffalo to support a NFL franchise (for weather, population and financial reasons). Whoever buys the Bills will move the team to their pet location. Just the way it is.

This is such a non issue... I don't know why it keeps getting brought up. The bills are always selling out there games. The exception was Arizona on Halloween. A team like New Orleans will move long before Buffalo.

The Arizona game did not sell out in part because of Halloween. The prime target market of the Bills and football in general is 25 to 45. The prime years for raising a family 25to 45. Halloween comes once a year for the kiddies, football comes around all the other days of the year.

The Rams game should sell out from my source, Buddy "The Wonder" Dog.

The Steelers and Browns game will need some help selling out. A win over the pats would help out greatly.

Go Orchard Park Quarkers Kick some Arse today on your quest for The State High School Championship.

Sadly the Bills will be gone from Buffalo within 5 years after his death unless a WNY buyer steps forward. 

Okay here is a short list of WNY buyers: Tom Golisano, Danny Wegman, and Jeremy Jacobs. All of them have the means, have shown some interest in pro sports, and have ties to WNY so that they would NOT move the team if they bought it. Sorry to you, and have a nice day. :D

MBD

The Steelers and Browns game will need some help selling out. A win over the pats would help out greatly.

The only way I don't see the Steelers game selling out is if they are able to rest their starters since they have HFA throughout the playoffs wrapped-up. That's very possible, seeing as they merely have to have the same record as the Pats (since they beat them) to do that. The Browns game should also sell-out. There's far more interest in them (and the Steelers) locally than for the bottom-feeding Cards.

114872[/snapback]

If TD hadn't run this team into the ground then maybe we wouldn't even be in discussions for this.

If TD hadn't run this team into the ground then maybe we wouldn't even be in discussions for this.

115363[/snapback]

What a moron. I'm ashamed to have the same name as you :D

There's a lot of denial on this board, and that's okay if it makes people feel better, but the honest truth is there is only one reason the Bills are in Buffalo.  That reason is Ralph Wilson.  Sadly the Bills will be gone from Buffalo within 5 years after his death unless a WNY buyer steps forward.   List all the justifictions you want, but there are numerous communities better suited than Buffalo to support a NFL franchise (for weather, population and financial reasons).  Whoever buys the Bills will move the team to their pet location.   Just the way it is.

115347[/snapback]

Just my 2 cents but actually Buffalo ranks in the top five franchises in regards to profitability and although I think some of your points are valid, ticket sales actually are a major contributor to a franchise's financial success. A close second only to merchandising which Buffalo is very strong in as well. You have to understand the dynamic of a small market team and its involvement with its community and what that means for the league in the long run from a marketability standpoint. Buffalo fans are born and raised regardless of whether the people/fans stay in Buffalo or move to other (warmer?) parts of the country and the NFL knows that. The town is like a highschool and the team is their prep football team. LA is an event town, like a Miami, more transient, less homegrown. Sure they'll sell the place out to start but they had better put a good product on the field year in and year out. The LA deal is a cash decision for the league and its owners and to move any existing franchise just doesnt make fiscal sense when you can add to the overall league revenue as opposed to just reshaping it.

news flash----- rudy shot, why do you insist on bring this stevestojan up assclown :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Just my 2 cents but actually Buffalo ranks in the top five franchises in regards to profitability and although I think some of your points are valid, ticket sales actually are a major contributor to a franchise's financial success. A close second only to merchandising which Buffalo is very strong in as well. You have to understand the dynamic of a small market team and its involvement with its community and what that means for the league in the long run from a marketability standpoint. Buffalo fans are born and raised regardless of whether the people/fans stay in Buffalo or move to other (warmer?) parts of the country and the NFL knows that. The town is like a highschool and the team is their prep football team. LA is an event town, like a Miami, more transient, less homegrown. Sure they'll sell the place out to start but they had better put a good product on the field year in and year out. The LA deal is a cash decision for the league and its owners and to move any existing franchise just doesnt make fiscal sense when you can add to the overall league revenue as opposed to just reshaping it.

115384[/snapback]

Very good post, but some idiot will bring it up every week as it has every week for the last 20 years

Yeah,I saw this on another site and I will say the same thing I said in the other one towhoever wrote this article...:fyou::fyou::fyou:

115320[/snapback]

I would like to add one thing for the author if I may?

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Can't leave you out either rudy :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

What Me Worry....

Take your pick, Golisano or Jacobs...one of those two will buy the Bills. Jacobs has a lot of money tied up with the Bills/Sabres, no way he lets them leave the area. Golisano likes WNY and I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to get in on the NFL cash cow. Not to mention, I'm sure the city/county/state will bend over and take it without the KY to keep the Bills in Buffalo with tax breaks, money, etc.

You're a pretty negative dude, I don't think I've ever seen you post something positive. You need to go to your happy place.

Chargers, Vikings, and Saints are all likely to move to LA before we do. Chargers make the most sense because they started out in LA and because SD isn't that great a football town (not to mention a move to LA won't mess up the geographically aligned standings).

Also, there will be no 33rd expansion team. 32 is more than enough, as Tagliabue and many owners have stated repeatedly.

114872[/snapback]

That's not going to happen. The city of Buffalo knows that football is too important. Bills fans will not let that happen By the way, nice picture Rudy.

I agree with Helmet. I'd think Saints, Chargers, Vikings in that order. Jacobs and Golisano (unless he becomes Governor) would step forward in the event that the Bills goes up for sale. Ralph could also sell it to the city of Buffalo for a buck, and put TSW in charge of all hirings and firings.

BTW, Orchard Park is going down today. :D

The Bills will always be the subject of that kind of speculation because they are a small market team. There's nothing we can do about that. I doubt it's anything more then speculation. No one inside the Bills organization is leaking information saying, "Yeah, we're as good as gone." Things can change of course, but the Bills, at least in reacent years (since the late 80s at least) the Bills have been a consistent moneymaker. Since not every team is, and even Los Angeles teams have lost money when there's been one there, I don't see a move as being imminent. I'm just hoping a strong buyer with local interests buys the team when Ralph is gone.

The Bills will always be the subject of that kind of speculation because they are a small market team.  There's nothing we can do about that.  I doubt it's anything more then speculation.  No one inside the Bills organization is leaking information saying, "Yeah, we're as good as gone."  Things can change of course, but the Bills, at least in reacent years (since the late 80s at least) the Bills have been a consistent moneymaker.  Since not every team is, and even Los Angeles teams have lost money when there's been one there, I don't see a move as being imminent.  I'm just hoping a strong buyer with local interests buys the team when Ralph is gone.

115478[/snapback]

Good point. I guess we'll deal with it when it becomes an issue.

Okay here is a short list of WNY buyers: Tom Golisano, Danny Wegman, and Jeremy Jacobs.  All of them have the means, have shown some interest in pro sports, and have ties to WNY so that they would NOT move the team if they bought it.  Sorry to you, and have a nice day. :D

MBD

115361[/snapback]

Don't forget the Rich family... Can't remember where I heard it, so my credibility is admittedly sh*t, but I was told they've already put together a plan...

Don't forget the Rich family... Can't remember where I heard it, so my credibility is admittedly sh*t, but I was told they've already put together a plan...

115506[/snapback]

Forgot about them. I'm sure there are others as well. Bottom line is the Bills are profitable for the NFL and their owner, and the community wants them, so they're not going anywhere.

Here we go again.

As one of the few on this board who have actually BEEN through a franchise move, I say the following.

The Bills aren't going anywhere. You have a profitable franchise, drawing from a regional area, not just Buffalo, but also Rochester, Syracuse, and even Toronto and Hamilton. That must be close to five million people.

Ralph isn't going to live forever, of course, but there are other buyers in the area which will keep the team where it is.

I'm tired of "the sky is falling" crap, but like someone posted here earlier, it has come up about once a week for the last twenty years.

I think the Chargers will move 130 miles north to a new Los Angeles stadium in about five years.

Mike

Here we go again.

As one of the few on this board who have actually BEEN through a franchise move, I say the following.

The Bills aren't going anywhere.  You have a profitable franchise, drawing from a regional area, not just Buffalo, but also Rochester, Syracuse, and even Toronto and Hamilton.  That must be close to five million people.

Ralph isn't going to live forever, of course, but there are other buyers in the area which will keep the team where it is.

I'm tired of "the sky is falling" crap, but like someone posted here earlier, it has come up about once a week for the last twenty years.

I think the Chargers will move 130 miles north to a new Los Angeles stadium in about five years.

Mike

115585[/snapback]

Well said. I thought that Ralph was willing the team to his daughter anyway? Anyone else ever hear that?

You posted this last time this came up Buckeye. Since this comes up once a week, do you post this same response each time? Put it in a text file and cut and paste it. Will save you time.

Well said.  I thought that Ralph was willing the team to his daughter anyways?  Anyone else ever hear that?

115587[/snapback]

The word is anyway. There is no such word as anyways. Anyway the issue is the estate taxes. At least that's been the issue that has been posted here numerous times and which no one definitely knows the status.

Just to be clear, selling tickets is only one reason a team stays in a city.  The other reasons are market size (i.e advertising money) and corporate sponsorship.  Buffalo is a bottom feeder in both categories.  Every city sells tickets when a team wins.   

There's a lot of denial on this board, and that's okay if it makes people feel better, but the honest truth is there is only one reason the Bills are in Buffalo.  That reason is Ralph Wilson.  Sadly the Bills will be gone from Buffalo within 5 years after his death unless a WNY buyer steps forward.  List all the justifictions you want, but there are numerous communities better suited than Buffalo to support a NFL franchise (for weather, population and financial reasons).  Whoever buys the Bills will move the team to their pet location.  Just the way it is.

115347[/snapback]

The Bills are more than Buffalo, they are Rochester as well. That makes a market on a par with Denver and St.Louis. As far as corporate support, you have Kodak, Xerox, Bausch & Lomb, Wegman's, Delaware North, Rich Foods, among others. It's not like there is nothing.

PTR

The word is anyway.  There is no such word as anyways.  Anyway the issue is the estate taxes.  At least that's been the issue that has been posted here numerous times and which no one definitely knows the status.

115591[/snapback]

Thanks for th english lesson dick head or is it dickhead.

You posted this last time this came up Buckeye.  Since this comes up once a week, do you post this same response each time?  Put it in a text file and cut and paste it.  Will save you time.

115588[/snapback]

Thanks for the tip. Good eye. :D

Mike