Fletcher and Orakpo

BeastMode54

nfl.com says Orakpo had 2 tackles and Fletcher had 11-7 assited... I don't know if that means 11 solo because when I was watching the game I watch Fletcher get his 16th tackle and they showed the stat. I am thinking he ended up with 18 tackles today but nfl.com does not make it clear how their stats are broken down.

He was all over the field though. Didn't notice Orakpo much. He didn't do anything significant.

I actually have a feeling Maybin will make atleast 1 big play tomorrow night... maybe its just hope but we will see.

nfl.com says Orakpo had 2 tackles and Fletcher had 11-7 assited... I don't know if that means 11 solo because when I was watching the game I watch Fletcher get his 16th tackle and they showed the stat. I am thinking he ended up with 18 tackles today but nfl.com does not make it clear how their stats are broken down.

He was credited with 11 solo and 7 assisted tackles, for 18 total.

Fletcher was a heart and soul player. All he did was make plays. Marv Levy was full of crap refering to Fletcher making his plays "downfield" and needing a more aggressive MLB explaining why Fletcher was let go in free agency, and the reason why Puz was drafted. I'll take LFB over Puz seven days a week.

I have to say Fletcher was all over the field against the Giants. WHy so many on this board hated him mind boggles me. It seems as if on;y Lawrence Taylor and Bruce Smith would suffice for some. As for Orakpo, he was non existant

He has only led the Skins in tackles both years there...I will never get why we let him go...

Fletcher played just as well today as he ever did for the Bills. He even flatten Jacobs early on. Orakpo did nothing to impress

Is that because he now has a solid DT in Haynesworth in front of him to let him make a play on the ball carrier. His game dwindled when Pat Williams was let go...

I just dont understand why folks cannot understand the correlation.....

Strong play from DT's equals production from your MLB's

Average play from your DT equals up and down production from your MLB's

Bad play from your DT's equals your MLBs making plays downfield most times

It really is that simple. That is why I have been praying for John McCargo to turn the corner and start being productive for this team.

Is that because he now has a solid DT in Haynesworth in front of him to let him make a play on the ball carrier. His game dwindled when Pat Williams was let go...

Don't think so, I think he's always been a good tackler who is always around the ball. Truthfully I wasn't too impressed with Haynesworth today from what I saw. Granted I didn't get to see the whole second half

I have to say Fletcher was all over the field against the Giants. WHy so many on this board hated him mind boggles me. It seems as if on;y Lawrence Taylor and Bruce Smith would suffice for some. As for Orakpo, he was non existant

The argument was he wasn't an attacking linebacker...most posters on this board would complain about him making tackles downfield.

I was called an idiot more than once for suggesting that his it doesn't help when you lose Pat Williams as your DT...hence the lack of production from the linebackers

What? He has been the heart and sould of the Skins D since he got there and led them in tackles every year in Was, not to mention has bene amongst league leaders in Tackles...in fact, he has done this his entire career despite mostly not playing with great DT's a lot of his career...

This makes no sense to say it was because of Haynesworth who didnt play like a $100 million player today...

Fletcher was a heart and soul player. All he did was make plays. Marv Levy was full of crap refering to Fletcher making his plays "downfield" and needing a more aggressive MLB explaining why Fletcher was let go in free agency, and the reason why Puz was drafted. I'll take LFB over Puz seven days a week.

I can't remember was Fletcher interested in resigning with Buffalo? I just thought the guy wanted to leave and Marv not wanting him was just the last straw. I loved London while he was with Buffalo the all the guy did was make tackles and make plays. Now I hope Poz makes me forget about London.

Was he willing to listen to offers from Buffalo or did he just want to go to a winning situation or make more money. As for who would you want LFB or Poz I would take Poz because if you factor in age Poz only stands to improve while LFB is up there in years. I think Poz will improve and make us forget about London hopefully.

I can't remember was Fletcher interested in resigning with Buffalo? I just thought the guy wanted to leave and Marv not wanting him was just the last straw. I loved London while he was with Buffalo the all the guy did was make tackles and make plays. Now I hope Poz makes me forget about London.

Was he willing to listen to offers from Buffalo or did he just want to go to a winning situation or make more money. As for who would you want LFB or Poz I would take Poz because if you factor in age Poz only stands to improve while LFB is up there in years. I think Poz will improve and make us forget about London hopefully.

If I recall, I think Captain Corpse felt that London wasn't the proper fit for his T2 defense, and wanted to get is own players. Our entire starting linebackers are different.

If I recall, I think Captain Corpse felt that London wasn't the proper fit for his T2 defense, and wanted to get is own players. Our entire starting linebackers are different.

My question is had we shown interest in bringing back Fletcher would he have come back or was it a combination of both him seeking greener pastures and us waving him goodbye?

Fletcher, why do people like the stats guys so much. Yes he gets lots of tackles, and can be good if keep him clean, but most of his tackles are in the same area that the safety's are making tackles, since he runs around the blockers and only gets near the line on plays that are strung out and the guy stops to change directions and dances awhile. Redskins have a pretty good DT to tie up bodies off him, to keep him clean, and play a much different style of defense than we do.

If your playing a bend but don't break type of defense, he is not a bad option, as long as don't depend on him for coverage much. The MLB in the cover 2 is the key for middle of field coverage, not something he is very good at. So while he may be a sure tackler after the back gets 4-8 yards, he will give up allot of easy completions in his zone.

He's just not a good fit for cover 2 defense I do not believe. Poz isnt as good a tackler, but is better in coverage IMO, so would rather have Poz between the two.